World Cup 2021 Heritage Squad players

Let's assume the World Cup goes ahead, and Australia and New Zealand don't bother turning up. But let's also assume the NRL doesn't block any players who want to turn up and play for countries the IRL currently says they are eligible to play for as second tier nations. I appreciate this is a big ask, but really really hope the NRL, or the individual clubs, don't block Tongan, Fijian etc players as I think this will be the NRL vs the IRL and will kill off meaningful internationals for years and will have irreversible damage for the professional game in the UK. 

But anyway, assume NRL players are free to come. In a perfect storm, what players could we see at the World Cup?:

Italy: James Tedesco, Paul Vaughan (he isn't scared of Covid anyway!), Nathan Brown, Jack Johns 

Samoa: , Brian To’o, Josh Papalii, Jarome Luai, Junior Paulo, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Payne Haas, Jamayne Isaako, Ken Maumalo, Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Fiji: Daniel Saifiti, Tariq Sims, Apisai Koroisau

Serbia: The Trbojevics, Nick Cotric

Ireland: does Luke Keary qualify? Not sure. Similarly Nelson Asofa-Solomona?

Wales: Tyson Frizell

Cook Islands: Valentine Holmes, Jordan Rapana, Joseph Manu, Zane Tetevano, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Joseph Tapine

Lebanon: Mitchell Moses, Josh Mansour

I've missed off PNG, but they are pretty good rounding up a team anyway. But suggest Xavier Coates would usually be holding out for a Kangaroo jersy

Tonga:....... too many.

Have I missed anyone? Samoa look a bit tasty! Cook Islands don't look too bad either.

21 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Let's assume the World Cup goes ahead, and Australia and New Zealand don't bother turning up. But let's also assume the NRL doesn't block any players who want to turn up and play for countries the IRL currently says they are eligible to play for as second tier nations. I appreciate this is a big ask, but really really hope the NRL, or the individual clubs, don't block Tongan, Fijian etc players as I think this will be the NRL vs the IRL and will kill off meaningful internationals for years and will have irreversible damage for the professional game in the UK. 

But anyway, assume NRL players are free to come. In a perfect storm, what players could we see at the World Cup?:

Italy: James Tedesco, Paul Vaughan (he isn't scared of Covid anyway!), Nathan Brown, Jack Johns 

Samoa: , Brian To’o, Josh Papalii, Jarome Luai, Junior Paulo, Tino Fa’asuamaleaui, Payne Haas, Jamayne Isaako, Ken Maumalo, Leeson Ah Mau, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow

Cook Islands: Valentine Holmes, Jordan Rapana, Joseph Manu, Zane Tetevano, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad, Joseph Tapine

I've missed off PNG, but they are pretty good rounding up a team anyway. But suggest Xavier Coates would usually be holding out for a Kangaroo jersy

Have I missed anyone? Samoa look a bit tasty! Cook Islands don't look too bad either.

Wow Samoa would become a contender overnight if they all declared. 

On 28/07/2021 at 11:03, thebrewxi said:

Check ‘hecanplayfor’ on Instagram and Twitter 

Archived