London Broncos

Dave Naylor

44 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Can I be the first to say it…this is a ‘must-win’ game.

But unaccountably I have a feeling that we will.

Can anyone advise any appropriate medication?

Honestly, it's doable. Thought we were unlucky at there's. Let's hope hey. We have improved game on game since Mac arrived.

Squad again looks the same as last week so can't see many changes again. Really hope Green gets a go somewhere either at full back or stand off. He's been one of our most dangerous players all year. Would keep Charnock at hooker with J Abram off the bench. Would like to see Hutchings and Hartley get a game as well as both Brierley and Holcroft have struggled at times this year and last week out wide our defence was very suspect. Think there's injury concerns around Ince, Hewitt and D Abram so we could be down to our last 18 fit players with so many out again.

I don't think London are unbeatable for us on Sunday. We showed up quite well at their place earlier in the season but again unbelievable errors cost us the chance of victory. Sammut again will be the danger man for us as he always is but they've got some other cracking players in Curran, Miski and Hankinson.

COME ON OLDHAM.

Broncos have Sammutt who we’d obviously need to keep quiet, or self isolate ( on or off the pitch!). They’ve had a range of results, beating most at the bottom the table, but getting beaten seemingly comfortably by most in the top half. Interstate match but one I believe, if we cut out the daft errors, we can win. Hope Jamie Abram is in- he did well. Plus hopefully Brian Mac has got Luke Nelmes firing at last.

That’s two matches in succession we’ve been in winning positions. In one sense it’s frustrating that we couldn’t close them out, but the bigger picture is that we’ve been nowhere near such a position for so long that it shows huge progress just to get there. As you say Clifford, let’s hope the boys gain enough confidence and knowledge to win as many of the remaining 7 as possible.

Absolutely outstanding effort for the whole game and we were extremely unlucky to lose I thought. Sammut once again won them the game off the bench with a superb 40/20 which they scored straight from then his superb individual try from half way. Miski was absolutely brilliant for them on the wing and you can see why he'll be playing Super League next year.

Hard to pick out individuals for us as we were excellent as a team right across the board. Defence was excellent right from the off with some huge shots from Langtree. Thought he was superb especially in defence all game. Bridge had his best game by a mile this year and was fantastic either on the left or in the middle. Dupree and Reilly again kept up there good form and scored very powerful individual tries.

A few moments I felt really changed the course of the game aside from the Sammut class at the end. We dropped the ball on the line twice which would have taken us 14 points in front and i think we would have won.

I really think if we could have got McDermott in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up. There's still a sliver of hope with Dewsbury struggling but we must win next week at Swinton.

Outstanding effort today, shame about the result. What the players put in today is the sort of performance that keeps the crowd happy. Yes we would like to win, but if the effort is visible like today it is worth watching. The improvement since McDermot's arrival will surely bring a win soon.

2 hours ago, m brooksy said:

Absolutely outstanding effort for the whole game and we were extremely unlucky to lose I thought. Sammut once again won them the game off the bench with a superb 40/20 which they scored straight from then his superb individual try from half way. Miski was absolutely brilliant for them on the wing and you can see why he'll be playing Super League next year.

Hard to pick out individuals for us as we were excellent as a team right across the board. Defence was excellent right from the off with some huge shots from Langtree. Thought he was superb especially in defence all game. Bridge had his best game by a mile this year and was fantastic either on the left or in the middle. Dupree and Reilly again kept up there good form and scored very powerful individual tries.

A few moments I felt really changed the course of the game aside from the Sammut class at the end. We dropped the ball on the line twice which would have taken us 14 points in front and i think we would have won.

I really think if we could have got McDermott in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up. There's still a sliver of hope with Dewsbury struggling but we must win next week at Swinton.

Agreed, Sammut is class. 

Superb effort yesterday. Everyone of them had their best game this season and the defense has improved beyond recognition. Just as important we stopped the cheap mistakes and penalties!

On a different day we would win that game and the refereeing didn't do us any favors. Lets hope we can build on this performance and finish the season strongly.

Sammutt is the spark oldham lack in the half's

In the cold light of day we still lost. Another 2points slipped through our fingers another step closer too league one.

Personally I prefer a really poor performance and 2 points, as there are no bad wins 

41 minutes ago, clifford said:

In the cold light of day we still lost. Another 2points slipped through our fingers another step closer too league one.

Personally I prefer a really poor performance and 2 points, as there are no bad wins 

Thanks for reminding us of that Cliff, just as everyone was starting to feel a bit more upbeat. Were you at the game? If so, you might have felt a bit more upbeat too !

10 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Thanks for reminding us of that Cliff, just as everyone was starting to feel a bit more upbeat. Were you at the game? If so, you might have felt a bit more upbeat too !

very true. There is no denying Sammut was class when he came on but prior to that our halves had shown as much invention as London.

I've been critical here in the past but credit where its due, this was a better performance from the backs especially D Abram and Hewitt (who had a much better kicking game) 

3 hours ago, clifford said:

i agree with you clifford the last 3 games we have let in 112 points.

if oldham lose on sunday to swinton by 4 clear points,oldham are bottom of the league

Archived