London Broncos

Dave Naylor

59 minutes ago, tandle said:

if oldham lose on sunday to swinton by 4 clear points,oldham are bottom of the league

No, we won't be.  League placings are decided on percentage wins this year.  Having played one more game than us, Swinton would remain bottom even if they post a cricket score against us.

4 hours ago, tandle said:

i agree with you clifford the last 3 games we have let in 112 points.

if oldham lose on sunday to swinton by 4 clear points,oldham are bottom of the league

Not only are you factually incorrect Tandle, you never fail to lower the mood my friend!! Are you & Cliff blood brothers?

i have some times been at odds with clifford and roughyed 34 but they  are true supporters.

you are clutching at straws relegation is now out of oldhams hands lose on sunday and the end of  pro. rugby in oldham.          

i have been supporting oldham since 1949 and this season as been a disaster from the word go 

4 minutes ago, tandle said:

i have some times been at odds with clifford and roughyed 34 but they  are true supporters.

you are clutching at straws relegation is now out of oldhams hands lose on sunday and the end of  pro. rugby in oldham.          

i have been supporting oldham since 1949 and this season as been a disaster from the word go 

Tandle, it's not out of Oldham's hands yet, win on Sunday and (if Dewsbury Rams lose at Whitehaven) we are just 3 points behind the Rams, with 6 games to go (and we have to play them yet). 

The end of pro rugby in Oldham - you're just guessing & surmising.

Disaster from the word go - well, we did beat Swinton in the first league game 🙂

I take my hat off to you if you have supported Oldham since 1949, some achievement that, but supported is the key word. Don't waste all those years of support by turning against the club now, the worry is some people will take your views on board.  We're all disappointed with how things have gone this year, but will continue to support the club in whatever ways we can.

26 minutes ago, tandle said:

We have been at odds but I agree with you that this season is going down as one of the worst

On 01/08/2021 at 19:09, m brooksy said:

Absolutely outstanding effort for the whole game and we were extremely unlucky to lose I thought. Sammut once again won them the game off the bench with a superb 40/20 which they scored straight from then his superb individual try from half way. Miski was absolutely brilliant for them on the wing and you can see why he'll be playing Super League next year.

Hard to pick out individuals for us as we were excellent as a team right across the board. Defence was excellent right from the off with some huge shots from Langtree. Thought he was superb especially in defence all game. Bridge had his best game by a mile this year and was fantastic either on the left or in the middle. Dupree and Reilly again kept up there good form and scored very powerful individual tries.

A few moments I felt really changed the course of the game aside from the Sammut class at the end. We dropped the ball on the line twice which would have taken us 14 points in front and i think we would have won.

I really think if we could have got McDermott in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up. There's still a sliver of hope with Dewsbury struggling but we must win next week at Swinton.

Absolutely spot on that summary. Really felt for the boys today without being too biased thought they deserved something. Dewsbury loss could be the big moment that should encourage us to keep fighting with further hope ahead of the Swinton match. Hopefully we have a better outcome than the last time I travelled there a few seasons back. How many times has Sammut been the difference against us 🤦🏽‍♂️

As mentioned above we need to win 2 more games than Dewsbury and then assuming we have played the same number of games it will be all or nothing on the last day of the season. Dewsbury themselves are struggling so next few weeks will determine whether we have the last day decider or not.

The hard bit at the moment is winning any games at all. The last two games needed cool heads and game management to see the game out from winning positions. Lets hope that starts on Sunday

19 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Not only are you factually incorrect Tandle, you never fail to lower the mood my friend!! Are you & Cliff blood brothers?

Hi Jimmy 

Nope we are not I have many a run in with tandle.

I am just really fed up with the position we are in. I know that this squad could and should have won more games but haven't.

The bottom line is don't get points for nearly winning or Improving performances. The history books don't record that we played well it records wins losses or draws. 

I am looking at our position from a former players perspective, you don't extra cash for losing within 11 points anymore and it's not rugby union with bonus points for losing within 7.

I am really fed up with at looking up at every club from a poor position. clubs should be looking up at oldham but those days have certainly gone for now

12 minutes ago, tandle said:

i suggest jimmy donut you go to squad for 2021 page 4 and scroll down to what i posted on the 16th of sept.2020 before any matches had even been played then tell me if i was right or wrong.

Blimey Tandle, took me ages to find that!!!  You said 3 of our players weren't of Championship standard, fair enough, I don't disagree with you on that. But dare I say, you seem to take some masochistic pleasure from being proven right? If I had made that prediction I would have loved to be proven wrong. Anyway, we'll agree to disagree, we both have the club at heart, so let's get behind the men at Swinton on Sunday & maybe, just maybe, it will kick-start a thrilling end to the campaign.

3 hours ago, clifford said:

Hi Jimmy 

Nope we are not I have many a run in with tandle.

I am just really fed up with the position we are in. I know that this squad could and should have won more games but haven't.

The bottom line is don't get points for nearly winning or Improving performances. The history books don't record that we played well it records wins losses or draws. 

I am looking at our position from a former players perspective, you don't extra cash for losing within 11 points anymore and it's not rugby union with bonus points for losing within 7.

I am really fed up with at looking up at every club from a poor position. clubs should be looking up at oldham but those days have certainly gone for now

Hi Cliff

How are you?

You're right, of course, we need a win for sure! But the performances of the team at Whitehaven & against London Broncos needed to be applauded & the fans on here were right to feel upbeat. Don't forget though, we're not looking up at every club, there are several in League One in worse positions than us. 

Stats-

D.Abram-3 tackles. 2 misses. one offload. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 11 carries=98m

Brierley-4 tackles. one miss. one offload. one tackle bust. one clean break. one try assist. 12 carries=80m

Ince-18 tackles. one miss. 7 carries=38m

Roberts-17 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 16 carries=109m

Holcroft-2 tackles. 2 misses. one tackle bust. 11 carries=62m

Barran-17 tackles. one miss. one offload. 7 carries=38m

Hewitt-13 tackles. one miss. one try assist. 1 carry=9m

Kirk-29 tackles. 8 carries=67m

Charnock-28 tackles. 4 misses. 2 tackle busts. 6 carries=36m

Reilly-32 tackles. 4 tackle busts. one clean break. 15 carries=70m

Langtree-36 tackles. 4 misses. one offload. 13 carries=81m

Bridge-24 tackles. one miss. 6 tackle busts. 18 carries=133m

Bent-33 tackles. one miss. 2 tackle busts. 11 carries=48m

subs

Nelmes-25 tackles. one miss. one offload. 13 carries=89m

Dupree-21 tackles. 4 misses. 2 offloads. 3 tackle busts. one clean break. 13 carries=72m

Pick-15 tackles. one miss. 7 carries=53m

J.Abram-21 tackles. 3 misses. one try assist. 5 carries=28m

Archived