Where is Rimmer

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Do you know what he is actually doing at present or do you expect a weekly report entitled "What I did at the RFL"? Some people seem to confuse a lack of news with a lack of action.

He’s the figurehead, he should be visible, like most successful people in his sort of role. Can you shed any light on all the good stuff that he’s quietly doing please?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 29/07/2021 at 15:21, M j M said:

Seen this question posed on social media and it's a good one.

Has he been relieved of his duties with an after the fact announcement to be made at some point?

Is he a hologram 

23 hours ago, Eddie said:

He’s the figurehead, he should be visible, like most successful people in his sort of role. Can you shed any light on all the good stuff that he’s quietly doing please?

I can think of many such figureheads in leadership roles who are equally vague about what they are doing at any particular time. I suppose that makes them equally unsuitable in your eyes, does it? (We can all do this asking questions stuff.)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

I can think of many such figureheads in leadership roles who are equally vague about what they are doing at any particular time. I suppose that makes them equally unsuitable in your eyes, does it? (We can all do this asking questions stuff.)

Depends who specifically you’re taking about. RL is in very troubled times and I’d expect some visible leadership, however happy to agree to differ if you don’t. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Depends who specifically you’re taking about. RL is in very troubled times and I’d expect some visible leadership, however happy to agree to differ if you don’t. 

There you go again, putting words in someone else's mouth just because they don't agree with you.

What kind of visibility would you like - hi-vis vests, playing about with umbrellas....?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

There you go again, putting words in someone else's mouth just because they don't agree with you.

What kind of visibility would you like - hi-vis vests, playing about with umbrellas....?

Some public comment. Not sure why words I’ve put in your mouth, but better to leave it here I think. 

I'm not sure he can win at the moment, and this isn't meant as an endorsement of him. But I'm OK with him having his head down and cracking on. We are hearing stuff from the RFL Chairman and Vice-Chairman, plus SLE's Chairman. We know they are in structure and governance talks, and sure enough he was criticised for his holding statement yesterday. 

I'm not sure what I want from him right now, I'm happy to await the outcomes of these meetings. 

3 hours ago, JohnM said:

Someone standing up and announcing the future plans so that some fans can criticise them, whatever they are? 😊

It’s fair to say that whatever they are they won’t be what 90% of fans think are sensible. And let’s face it they’re not going to be to the benefit of anyone but the existing 10 SL clubs (excluding Leigh and Catalans). 

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It’s fair to say that whatever they are they won’t be what 90% of fans think are sensible. And let’s face it they’re not going to be to the benefit of anyone but the existing 10 SL clubs (excluding Leigh and Catalans). 

I don't agree. Just because a few shouty fans on here don't like him (or anyone else in a position of responsibility, probably) is not a basis for claiming what 90% of fans think. I think there is a silent majority, people who might agree with Atlantisman, for example. 

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

10 hours ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Ralph Rimmer is a thoroughly decent person doing a difficult job, at present it would be head down and crack on with it.

Paul

9 hours ago, JohnM said:

I don't agree. Just because a few shouty fans on here don't like him (or anyone else in a position of responsibility, probably) is not a basis for claiming what 90% of fans think. I think there is a silent majority, people who might agree with Atlantisman, for example. 

Give me 3 positives that Rimmer has brought in that have benefited the game?

On 30/07/2021 at 15:16, Eddie said:

Here's your chance to proclaim him as a true figurehead. 😊

noun

1.. a carving, typically a bust or a full-length figure, set at the prow of an old-fashioned sailing ship.

2.. a nominal leader or head without real power.

3 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Here's your chance to proclaim him as a true figurehead. 

noun

1.. a carving, typically a bust or a full-length figure, set at the prow of an old-fashioned sailing ship.

2.. a nominal leader or head without real power.

Well I never, number 2 right there. 

Archived