Town barrow match off

Havenfan13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few people on social media thinking this outbreak in the Barrow camp is a bit convenient for them. Not having that personally, just know we are missing out on a cracking game and very large crowd, just like at Barrow. Town are the only losers here unfortunately. Here's hoping its the last game we see cancelled this season, we've had one game with no crowd in and 2 postponed now😥🙏🙏🙏

25 minutes ago, Unicorn 106 said:

A few people on social media thinking this outbreak in the Barrow camp is a bit convenient for them. Not having that personally, just know we are missing out on a cracking game and very large crowd, just like at Barrow. Town are the only losers here unfortunately. Here's hoping its the last game we see cancelled this season, we've had one game with no crowd in and 2 postponed now😥🙏🙏🙏

Would it be fair to promote clubs who have played more games than others in C1?? There's talk of wanting relegation from SL scrapped this season due to the affects on the sport and if there's any more games cancelled I can see calls for it scrapped in the championship this season  too.  

18 minutes ago, town4me said:

Would it be fair to promote clubs who have played more games than others in C1?? There's talk of wanting relegation from SL scrapped this season due to the affects on the sport and if there's any more games cancelled I can see calls for it scrapped in the championship this season  too.  

Will be the first game barrow have missed due to COVID. But unfortunately looks like it’s on the increase again. But think we just need to get on with life 

11 minutes ago, Butch said:

Will be the first game barrow have missed due to COVID. But unfortunately looks like it’s on the increase again. But think we just need to get on with life 

I agree we need to get on with life and complete the season the best we can but should all the leagues remain the same for next season,due to the affects of covid, is the question. 

The rfl need to come up with a game plan to get these games played. Wether its midweek or an extension to the campaign, Strategic call offs could become part of the game if they don’t 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

5 minutes ago, wonky said:

The rfl need to come up with a game plan to get these games played. Wether its midweek or an extension to the campaign, Strategic call offs could become part of the game if they don’t 

Different sport, but the reds travel to away games every other Tuesday night for most of their season. Cant see why RL teams can't do it to catch up with a few postponed games

51 minutes ago, wonky said:

Do teams have to provide proof of the positive tests? 

Shocking comment, you cannot fake this COVID test to be positive, why even would you? Games are cancelled to.ensure player safety which is Paramount. The virus is rife everywhere, many teams have been hit by cancellations including your own. Show some respect. 

22 minutes ago, Evs62 said:

Well let's hope the Barrow lads are ok. But Barrow were going to be missing a few players anyway going by there fans page so it's worked out better for Barrow not getting beat at Town

The result of this game is very debatable, the fact however remains, the RFL call off the games not the clubs and yes positive tests have to be entered and proven. Players would have to miss work and families isolate. No club would risk trying to cheat even if it was even possible. This kind of insinuation is deplorable. 

8 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

You have to complete 70% of your games I'm told.

Yea 13 for us. Doesn’t give us a lot of leeway if the cancellations aren’t rescheduled. It must be a nightmare for the board, 9 home games to gain income, 1 without crowds and 2 postponed puts a big dent in that especially with one being Barrow. Hopefully there’ll be some way of rescheduling although your asking a lot for part timers to play Sunday, Wednesday and work full time. 

Disappointed to see the game has been called off, would of been a bumper crowd for town! But these things happen and hope all Barrow players are OK. I can see the RFL getting rid of promotion/relegation this year, either that or no relegation from super league, 2 promoted from championship and no promotion from League 1. Hopefully not!

Reading the Barrow chairman’s weekly column in their local paper he says there’s a meeting at the rfl today where they are going to be discussing 2022 funding and a possible league re structure. Who knows what could happen but I think we could be coming to a fairly pivotal moment for the future of rugby league at part time level. Let’s hope clubs think of the wider game rather than a selfish approach. 

Archived