Town barrow match off

Havenfan13

11 hours ago, IanMac said:

Yea 13 for us. Doesn’t give us a lot of leeway if the cancellations aren’t rescheduled. It must be a nightmare for the board, 9 home games to gain income, 1 without crowds and 2 postponed puts a big dent in that especially with one being Barrow. Hopefully there’ll be some way of rescheduling although your asking a lot for part timers to play Sunday, Wednesday and work full time. 

Fully agree. How are clubs expected to stay afloat with revenue from six games. Even if the Barrow game is rescheduled we wil still lose out. Sunday is a good forecast, sponsors lounge would have been full and the bars open for the first time. Was even hoping Barrow might fetch a decent following for a change, but that won't happen if its played mid week. It's nobody's fault, we are in the middle of a pandemic but the RL need to get their act together and come up with a plan of support for all clubs. UTT. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Reading the Barrow chairman’s weekly column in their local paper he says there’s a meeting at the rfl today where they are going to be discussing 2022 funding and a possible league re structure. Who knows what could happen but I think we could be coming to a fairly pivotal moment for the future of rugby league at part time level. Let’s hope clubs think of the wider game rather than a selfish approach. 

Hopefully going back to 2 divisions is on the agenda, IMO it's the only option without some clubs going to the wall. 

2 hours ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Disappointed to see the game has been called off, would of been a bumper crowd for town! But these things happen and hope all Barrow players are OK. I can see the RFL getting rid of promotion/relegation this year, either that or no relegation from super league, 2 promoted from championship and no promotion from League 1. Hopefully not!

What I've been reading over last few weeks is 2 could go up from championship with no relegation from super league. And the top 6 from league 1 would merge into a bigger championship next season. 

5 minutes ago, donald said:

And the top 6 from league 1 would merge into a bigger championship next season. 

I really really hope so . I’ve always thought this was the way to go 

25 minutes ago, donald said:

What I've been reading over last few weeks is 2 could go up from championship with no relegation from super league. And the top 6 from league 1 would merge into a bigger championship next season. 

Fat too sensible option for Red Hall donald

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Just thinking Caine must have got the longest one match ban ever

I don't think it would be unreasonable to think that in the circumstances (ie lack of game time - punishment enough) such a ban could now be lifted ?

44 minutes ago, town4me said:

I hope it happens. This current structure is not good for the cumbrian clubs. 

If you remember summit similar happened a few years bk didn't haven town barrow and donny get promoted in one season . Was gonna be 2 going up then they changed it midway thro the season . Think you lot finished 3rd we where 4th

2 hours ago, donald said:

Would that spell the end for league 1 mate? 

I know these are different times but just don"t get why matches can"t be played midweek .Picked out one season at random from 1973/74 , all played with part time players ,in March of this season Town played 9 games in 31 days , 5 at home and 4 away to Blackpool ,Hull,Keighley and Doncaster .Lancs cup games semi finals were always midweek , as were the County games , apart from loss of corporate surely some money coming in is better than none , it isn"t that long ago we were expected to play at Sheffield on a Thursday night also , so lets find a way forward  if possible .

9 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Fully agree. How are clubs expected to stay afloat with revenue from six games. Even if the Barrow game is rescheduled we wil still lose out. Sunday is a good forecast, sponsors lounge would have been full and the bars open for the first time. Was even hoping Barrow might fetch a decent following for a change, but that won't happen if its played mid week. It's nobody's fault, we are in the middle of a pandemic but the RL need to get their act together and come up with a plan of support for all clubs. UTT. 

I would have exceeded the 250 Town fans at Craven Park this season.

1 hour ago, tec said:

I would have exceeded the 250 Town fans at Craven Park this season.

Been watching Town for 58 yrs and only once seen a decent Barrow away following at DP, that was a few years ago when you were strolling the league, 3 buses from what I can remember. . The norm is usually a mini bus mainly consisting of gobby overweight ladies. I take it you counted us all did you, looked more than 250 to me. 🙄 Can't argue with your superb home crowds, but you seem to struggle getting out of that giant cul-de-sac to get up here. 😎

11 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Been watching Town for 58 yrs and only once seen a decent Barrow away following at DP, that was a few years ago when you were strolling the league, 3 buses from what I can remember. . The norm is usually a mini bus mainly consisting of gobby overweight ladies. I take it you counted us all did you, looked more than 250 to me. 🙄 Can't argue with your superb home crowds, but you seem to struggle getting out of that giant cul-de-sac to get up here. 😎

How rude. And lets be honest why would anyone from Lancashire want to travel to an area of Cumbria that makes Barrow look like paradise ?

29 minutes ago, Sticklebricks said:

So you’ve never been 🤨

I have. Thought Havens town and ground was very easy on the eye and a credit to Cumbria. Unfortunately the same can’t be said of Workington.

10 minutes ago, tec said:

I have. Thought Havens town and ground was very easy on the eye and a credit to Cumbria. Unfortunately the same can’t be said of Workington.

I’m glad you’re against rudeness and call it out where you see it 

18 minutes ago, tec said:

So you haven't been to Havens ground by those comments.... DP is by far the best of the 3 Rugby grounds in Cumbria.

Archived