Town barrow match off

Havenfan13

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I for one was looking forward to my trip up to Workington tomorrow for the game ! I don’t quite know what’s up with the guy kicking off about Workington etc 😂, I personally like barrow ground but of course I will as I’m from barrow 😂. Yeah it’s a shame as I think barrow were bringing a good crowd up this weekend ! You brought a very vocal and good crowd to barrow and it’s a shame we couldn’t return the favour. 

Barrow were due to have some big players back for the game at Workington this weekend and would of been a brilliant game and could of been a title decider, hopefully it can be re-planned for another time before the end of the season ! 

10 hours ago, tec said:

How rude. And lets be honest why would anyone from Lancashire want to travel to an area of Cumbria that makes Barrow look like paradise ?

Don't think many Cumbrians wanted you in our county anyhow, deluded if you think you are living in paradise. Obviously one of the majority of Cul-de-sac dwellers who've never been north of Millom. Sad man. 🙄

11 hours ago, tec said:

How rude. And lets be honest why would anyone from Lancashire want to travel to an area of Cumbria that makes Barrow look like paradise ?

Looks like insanity aswell as covid affecting our Southern cousins, bless him

17 minutes ago, town4me said:

Anyone had a refund on the Barrow tickets?

No,I was going to the ground later on to ask.I think they should carry on to when the match v Barrow is rescheduled?but you would think the club might have let the fans know what they are doing.UTT🏉

Yes it was on the notice from the club when the match was postponed, it said that tickets where valid for a rearrangement or if you preferred a refund was available if you are unable to attend the rearranged match.

15 minutes ago, Johnny Ringo said:

Don't Workington have to play 2 other rearranged games before Barrow? The averages will be distorted otherwise. 

Not sure what the rules are regarding the order in which you have to play your games. 

Certainly understand where you are coming from though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just read the below in the Barrow chairman’s weekly column in the nwe mail.

“It looks increasingly unlikely that we will get the opportunity for a title decider at Derwent Park. I received a call from the RFL on Friday about my view on extending the season by a week and changing the play-off format.My reply was that with Workington having to fit in three games then a one-week extension where they would play Coventry wouldn’t really achieve much and all the clubs knew the potential disruption of Covid at the start of the season and with it a league table based on points percentage.”

That sounds like there won’t be any of the postponed  games played and no extension to the season. From a financial perspective for the club it must be a nightmare, only 6 home games for income both from crowds and sponsors. More reason that hopefully we get a great turnout tomorrow. 

It’s really tough and I understand his position . It could be us in the same position , maybe will be depending on results coming up . Someone will be feeling a bit aggrieved either way .Obviously the fairest way is to play the games and noone has a complaint , so the  RFL’s thinking on this is interesting. Their point is valid , it was never gonna be satisfactory but it is what it is and everyone knew . Having 3 games to rearrange really does double , or triple , the problem .

On tomorrow I hope and I think there’ll be a big turnout with us doing well , then doing well and having no home game for what seems like ages and ages 

Archived