Super League Streaming service for overseas viewers

MLP, I didn’t even realise it existed!

A few questions that you or someone else could answer.

1. Does this service only show games that are shown live on SKY.  If so during a ‘non COVID season’ I get all those games on Foxtel therefore I would not subscribe.  Although this year due to games being played on all days of the week Foxtel do not show all televised SKY games.

2. Does the service show all the other games that are not live on SKY?

3. Can you only watch games live or can you view them on a delay - which would be great for us in Australia 

4, can you get the service in Australia or is it geo-blocked?

Looking at their schedule, Fox League 502 shows all or almost all televised SL games.

Now OurLeague has stopped their season ticket-holder's streaming service, I don't think anybody shows the non-Sky games. Back to normal, then.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Is anyone else on here a subscriber to this service?

Got a link to a webpage?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Adelaide Tiger said:

MLP, I didn’t even realise it existed!

A few questions that you or someone else could answer.

1. Does this service only show games that are shown live on SKY.  If so during a ‘non COVID season’ I get all those games on Foxtel therefore I would not subscribe.  Although this year due to games being played on all days of the week Foxtel do not show all televised SKY games.

2. Does the service show all the other games that are not live on SKY?

3. Can you only watch games live or can you view them on a delay - which would be great for us in Australia 

4, can you get the service in Australia or is it geo-blocked?

Its not available in Australia and only covers the SL matches that Sky show. 

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Look at the calendar - no games listed at all: https://live.rugby-league.com/calendar/?lang=en/ 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

43 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I was hoping some fellow subscribers might be on here....

Had it for three years.

Customer support was rubbish and had loads of problems with it last year so cancelled. 

Now use an alternative streaming service and blame whoever runs live rugby league for chasing away a customer due to a poor product. 

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Yes. I'm in my third year too.

The service seems to have been abruptly cancelled mid season. 

No contact, no information

I tried to get a refund on my subscription but never even got a reply. 

They stopped showing SL content on OurLeague when the lockdown restrictions were lifted earlier this month. It was announced to people on the OurLeague mailing list.

Did subscribers to https://live.rugby-league.com/ not get a similar email?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They stopped showing SL content on OurLeague when the lockdown restrictions were lifted earlier this month. It was announced to people on the OurLeague mailing list.

Did subscribers to https://live.rugby-league.com/ not get a similar email?

No, because it was nothing to do with the Our League stuff, which at SL level was very much connected to fans not being allowed into stadiums. When fans were allowed back, its logical that offer would stop.

This is a completely different subscription service.

6 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

No, because it was nothing to do with the Our League stuff, which at SL level was very much connected to fans not being allowed into stadiums. When fans were allowed back, its logical that offer would stop.

This is a completely different subscription service.

I'm just wondering if, in a case of the right hand not knowing that the left hand's doing, someone pulled the plug on all streamed matches, instead of just for the UK audience.

Cockup, rather than conspiracy, in other words. Did your access to matches stop about the 19th of July?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

26 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I'm just wondering if, in a case of the right hand not knowing that the left hand's doing, someone pulled the plug on all streamed matches, instead of just for the UK audience.

Cockup, rather than conspiracy, in other words. Did your access to matches stop about the 19th of July?

You are quite possibly correct, given the coincidence of the dates. Not sure the last game I saw. I've certainly missed both games this week.

Poor show, either way. Emailing since Tuesday, no response beyond the automatic we'll-get-back-to-you.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 30/07/2021 at 16:03, yanto said:

Had it for three years.

Customer support was rubbish and had loads of problems with it last year so cancelled. 

Now use an alternative streaming service and blame whoever runs live rugby league for chasing away a customer due to a poor product. 

On 30/07/2021 at 16:06, marklaspalmas said:

Yes. I'm in my third year too.

The service seems to have been abruptly cancelled mid season. 

No contact, no information

Just want to say that I had exactly the same experiences! I'm a rugby fan from Germany and used this service in 2018 and 2019 and it was ok, sometimes even great to be able to watch these games live.

In 2020, I had LOADS of problems, including that I could not access live-streams several times when matches were on, and I was charged the same payment twice - and that happened two times! At least, after some angry mails, I got my money refunded every time. After this horrible year with this service, I decided with some regret (I LOVE the Super League) to not renew the service in 2021. Lucky me. I visited the website several times last year and also noticed that matches simply did not appear in the streaming-calender anymore, so my guess also was that this service was simply cancelled without any notice. I tried to contact them several times via different ways - no reply whatsoever. 
The strange thing is: The website is still up - and, I guess, collecting dust - doesn't it?

My guess: Good idea for a service, but seriously understaffed so they couldn't offer a good or sometimes even usable product. Which is really a shame as I would love to watch the live games and as I'm not into illegal streams and VPN-stuff, I'm now just left with the highlight clips. Sigh.

At least the overseas service of the NRL works, and it works well and very reliable, but it is obscenely expensive: A season sets me back at € 155,-, which is approx. AUS$ 250,-. That's a lot of money expecially factoring in my time-difference: Matches are on at 11 a.m. Central European Time - when I have to work in my office; I know this can't be helped but that hinders me to watch a lot of them. And as I love the AFL, too, those problems are twofold for me. 🙂

Just found this thread via Google (the only one about this in the world, I think) and registered especially just to write this. A big hello to everyone here! As there are rugby fans around here, I feel at home already. 🙂

6 minutes ago, Oliver Naujoks said:

Just want to say that I had exactly the same experiences! I'm a rugby fan from Germany and used this service in 2018 and 2019 and it was ok, sometimes even great to be able to watch these games live.

In 2020, I had LOADS of problems, including that I could not access live-streams several times when matches were on, and I was charged the same payment twice - and that happened two times! At least, after some angry mails, I got my money refunded every time. After this horrible year with this service, I decided with some regret (I LOVE the Super League) to not renew the service in 2021. Lucky me. I visited the website several times last year and also noticed that matches simply did not appear in the streaming-calender anymore, so my guess also was that this service was simply cancelled without any notice. I tried to contact them several times via different ways - no reply whatsoever. 
The strange thing is: The website is still up - and, I guess, collecting dust - doesn't it?

My guess: Good idea for a service, but seriously understaffed so they couldn't offer a good or sometimes even usable product. Which is really a shame as I would love to watch the live games and as I'm not into illegal streams and VPN-stuff, I'm now just left with the highlight clips. Sigh.

At least the overseas service of the NRL works, and it works well and very reliable, but it is obscenely expensive: A season sets me back at € 155,-, which is approx. AUS$ 250,-. That's a lot of money expecially factoring in my time-difference: Matches are on at 11 a.m. Central European Time - when I have to work in my office; I know this can't be helped but that hinders me to watch a lot of them. 

Just found this thread via Google (the only one about this in the world, I think) and registered especially just to write this. A big hello to everyone here! As there are rugby fans around here, I feel at home already. 🙂

RL fan from Germany. Impressive. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Naujoks said:

but it is obscenely expensive: A season sets me back at € 155,-, which is approx. AUS$ 250,-. That's a lot of money

For your money you get 25 rounds of 8 matches, plus play offs, grand final  and 3 SOO. That works out about 75 cents per match. If you think that's expensive, I'm coming to live in Germany.

Archived