Stuart Littler

One of my Favourite Salford players. Not the most talented but every year some one was signed to replace The Horse and every year he saw them off.

I thought he was working miracles at Swinton with no money.

3 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Swinton Lions have departed company with Head Coach Stuart Littler after 6 years with the Lions.

I am sure, despite this season, he won't be unemployed for long.

This lad had done a real good job at Swinton with hardly any cash 

I'm sure he will be back 

I cannot understand the timing of it.

It seems certain Swinton are heading for League 1.

There doesn't seem any urgent effort to attempt to push against that certainty.

Is this because the club don't have the necessary cash to rent the stadium in Sale,and part of the AJ Bell stadium,and a new head coach?

Is this because,for 2022,The Championship and League 1 are to merge?

Perhaps the governing body should be persuaded to find additional finance to pay experienced coaches to coach the youngsters in the sport, so the best coaches teach the youngsters the best practices.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I cannot understand the timing of it.

It seems certain Swinton are heading for League 1.

Is this because the club don't have the necessary cash to rent the stadium in Sale,and part of the AJ Bell stadium,and a new head coach?

Is this because,for 2022,The Championship and League 1 are to merge?

Perhaps the governing body should be persuaded to find additional finance to pay experienced coaches to coach the youngsters in the sport, so the best coaches teach the youngsters the best practices.

Championship and League 1 to merge?

Where have you heard that one then?

1 hour ago, clifford said:

I always thought that he was a decent coach and did pretty amazing things at Swinton.

I hope he's gets another position asap

2019 under the coaching by Stuart Littler and leadership in the boardroom by Andy Mazey saw us have an excellent season.

I am sure he will get another coaching position in rugby league before too long. And I hope he does.

On 31/07/2021 at 21:43, Robthegasman said:

Championship and League 1 to merge?

Where have you heard that one then?

Sorry.It was just a rumour some time ago - when it was suggested the money would go to Super League clubs only,at the end of this year,2021.

Perhaps,with things now changing at the end of 2022,things changed - if it ever was suggested. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

28 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Sorry.It was just a rumour some time ago - when it was suggested the money would go to Super League clubs only,at the end of this year,2021.

Perhaps,with things now changing at the end of 2022,things changed - if it ever was suggested. 

From what I have seen suggested from 2023 there will be 2 Super League divisions of 10 clubs.

And again from what I have seen suggested the remaining clubs will form a new look division rather like what you see in the Conference leagues in football.I have seen it suggested that it could be split into North/South or East/West with maybe the reserve teams of some Super League clubs in it(not sure that one is a good idea)

The clubs below any top 20 are of course the elephant in the room.

But my opinion and without criticising the plans or supporting them(and there may be both good and bad in them equally)I think it is high time that the directors of ALL clubs are reminded in no uncertain terms that no one club is bigger than the game,and that includes ALL clubs regardless of who they are.The directors of the clubs yes of course have a duty to what is best for them with what is put in front of them,and be it popular or unpopular BUT they also have a responsibility to do what is right for the sport as a whole.

And failure to do so will see the death of rugby league in a slow,painful and undignified manner like has happened to the BDO.

On 30/07/2021 at 19:44, Red Willow said:

One of my Favourite Salford players. Not the most talented but every year some one was signed to replace The Horse and every year he saw them off.

I thought he was working miracles at Swinton with no money.

Swinton recruited well for the 2020 season which was ruined by covid.Unfortunately Swinton have suffered appallingly with long term injuries to key players ruled out for long periods.Ulfimately it's a results based business and fourteen consecutive losses speaks for itself.

On 31/07/2021 at 20:18, Angelic Cynic said:

Always on the cards that the Swinton club would suffer when a group of their supporters decided that they would bite the hands off that fed them in ousting Andy Mazey and other directors, under their leadership the club was getting it together quite well, since they left, well the evidence is there for all to see, serves themselves right.

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Always on the cards that the Swinton club would suffer when a group of their supporters decided that they would bite the hands off that fed them in ousting Andy Mazey and other directors, under their leadership the club was getting it together quite well, since they left, well the evidence is there for all to see, serves themselves right.

Spot on Harry ! as the old saying goes ;- There is none so blind ---------

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Mazey wanted to change the name of the club to Manchester.It split the fanbase down the middle! Surely he didnt expect everybody to like it?

8 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

They weren't ousted. They tried to change the name of the club and when they didn't have universal support of the fans they left. They were doing a lot of good things bringing the club back from the brink but it seems the Manchester thing was a red line for them and the morning after going on radio promoting the idea and talking it up Mazey walked away.

What's done is done and despite bad results on the field, the club is in a strong position off it. We'll never know how things would have turned out if they had stayed the course.

On 02/08/2021 at 21:11, Robthegasman said:

From what I have seen suggested from 2023 there will be 2 Super League divisions of 10 clubs.

And again from what I have seen suggested the remaining clubs will form a new look division rather like what you see in the Conference leagues in football.I have seen it suggested that it could be split into North/South or East/West with maybe the reserve teams of some Super League clubs in it(not sure that one is a good idea)

The clubs below any top 20 are of course the elephant in the room.

But my opinion and without criticising the plans or supporting them(and there may be both good and bad in them equally)I think it is high time that the directors of ALL clubs are reminded in no uncertain terms that no one club is bigger than the game,and that includes ALL clubs regardless of who they are.The directors of the clubs yes of course have a duty to what is best for them with what is put in front of them,and be it popular or unpopular BUT they also have a responsibility to do what is right for the sport as a whole.

And failure to do so will see the death of rugby league in a slow,painful and undignified manner like has happened to the BDO.

Super league 1 and 2 haha

Top division

Second division

Third division

Call them what you like but this will remain the structure.

Only difference is the number of teams in each

18 hours ago, duffymoon said:

Mazey wanted to change the name of the club to Manchester.It split the fanbase down the middle! Surely he didnt expect everybody to like it?

Yes and?

Change the name and carry on prospering, or stay the same and go backwards which is evidently the case, who of all those who wanted Mazey and co ousted offered to keep the club financially stable? There are times in life when you have to sit back and consider the implications of what you are moaning about whether it is for the better or will bring about grave consequences, the latter has transpired in this case.

Many years ago someone said to me principles don't pay bills, those Swinton fans should have been given the same advice.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Quite correct Colin, but I would think it would be much better than now.

Nobody could have foreseen the horrendous injury crisis that has crippled Swinton for most of the season .Absolutely nothing to do with Andy Mazey leaving the club.Do some research before you make assumptions.

Archived