new look SL

tms

Hi I am not against Featherstone and Toulouse, or whoever is in the top two at the end of the season, going up to make a 14  team SL. But if they reduce SL to 10 the following year then presumably there will be no promotion, and another nothing season.

The rfl continually shoot themselves In the foot. It’s hard enough to stay up with one down never mind four. The promoted sides will be heading straight back down

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

9 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

Hi I am not against Featherstone and Toulouse, or whoever is in the top two at the end of the season, going up to make a 14  team SL. But if they reduce SL to 10 the following year then presumably there will be no promotion, and another nothing season.

The following year 10 clubs in SL1 remaining 4 teams to SL2 and top 6 from the championship joining then in SL2. 

So you could argue if these plans go ahead that it is 2 up this year then 6 up next year. Alternatively you could argue that it will be 6 relegated from tier 2 to tier 3 at the end of 2022. I guess just a question of perspective.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

10 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

If it ever happens  in 22 when SL is 14 championship clubs playing to get into  top 6 to get promotion to SL2 league 1 just playing for pride unless there's a league 1 grand final

In 23 with SL1 SL2 and one other there will be P&R between the divisions

so  in theory if all goes well york could  be fighting for promotion to SL! in 23

I see that they have decided to keep everything the same next year, before reducing SL to 10 teams the following year. However a championship 1 team will be guaranteed a place in SL2 and Championship 1 will be disbanded.

This will mean the end for a lot of famous clubs, and as far as I am concerned will be a disaster.

As the league positions stand now the 2 Divisions would be:

SL1 Catalan, St. Helen's, Warrington, Wigan, Hull KR, Hull FC, Leeds, Castleford, Huddersfield, Salford

SL2 Wakefield, Leigh, Toulouse, Featherstone, Halifax, Bradford, Batley,London Broncos, Whitehaven, Championship 1 side?

Sources have suggested to Totalrl.com that there does not appear to be support among the Super League clubs for the idea of moving to ten clubs in Super League, with ten clubs making up what would be titled ‘Super League 2’.

So depending on who ends up where we could end up with no pro club in York, or in London or in Cumbia or in the North East.  Decades of toil and graft by countless numbers of people eliminated to keep a few more quid in some club's coffers.  Why not reduce numbers by a few more clubs so just Wigan, Saints, Hull, Leeds, Warrington and Catalan can play each other on a continuous loop forever? 

4 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

I see that they have decided to keep everything the same next year, before reducing SL to 10 teams the following year. However a championship 1 team will be guaranteed a place in SL2 and Championship 1 will be disbanded.

This will mean the end for a lot of famous clubs, and as far as I am concerned will be a disaster.

I don't believe that they have decided anything at all - still fighting like cats in a sack.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived