Lions test

20 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Bloody awful. Tedious. Boring. Lacking hardly any good rugby.

Poor discipline.  No matter how the sky commentators dress it up, that was turgid.

And I enjoy union. That was an endurance 

Isn't that how South Africa play, though?

(I didn't watch it and rarely watch international union but that was my understanding of them these days.)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Isn't that how South Africa play, though?

(I didn't watch it and rarely watch international union but that was my understanding of them these days.)

It was such a drab affair that offer little other than a result for South Africa. Irritatingly frustrating that it lacked so much in skill and/excitement.

I enjoy my union but bug ger me, that was awful telly. 

Folks pay a bloody fortune to watch this tripe when we can actually get in grounds. I think 6 nations tickets come in at about £120 a pop.

35 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Poor discipline.  No matter how the sky commentators dress it up, that was turgid.

South Africa v a British & Irish team, boring?

Who on earth saw that coming?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

South Africa v a British & Irish team, boring?

Who on earth saw that coming?

Well.... I don't have the average leaguer response to union. I quite enjoy it and have enjoyed so e cracking games. But this was proper ######.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Yeah I watched the lot.... Errors from the Lions were under 10s stuff. The second half line outs were a joke too

It's why I mostly follow the club game rather than internationals (except the club rugby of those boring turds Exeter) ... For anyone who didn't see it check out this belter (and the highlights don't justify the whole game!)

13 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

My dad rang me up to ask if I was watching it , said it was rubbish , just fighting , and he describes RL as boring , prefers union 

He said it was over an hour and they still had t finished the 1 at half 

Fairly normal for tours to SA though

50 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

My dad rang me up to ask if I was watching it , said it was rubbish , just fighting , and he describes RL as boring , prefers union 

He said it was over an hour and they still had t finished the 1 at half 

Fairly normal for tours to SA though

Pretty much agree with your dad's assessment on the test match at least! 🤣

On 31/07/2021 at 19:13, Robin Evans said:

I thought the South African tries were pretty good (decent kick throughs at least), but I agree with your overall analysis. It was disjointed and dull.

Hopefully the Lions will try and be more creative in the deciding test, because if they play like they did in the 2nd Test, I think they'll lose again. They've got to be prepared to throw the ball around a bit more. There's talk of some personnel changes, so we'll see what Gatland opts for.

Archived