Now for the crunch match

RogerT

52 minutes ago, phildog said:

There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that out of Bargate Featherstone gained both an unfair AND dangerous advantage. In a bar which shouldn't gave been open in the first it is inconceivable that only 1 player would be present. The danger therefore was in at least 1 person in that bar carrying the covid virus. The team then went on to train together and play another game 7 days later which should not have gone ahead as Featherstone MUST have known and covered up the fact that almost their entire team could have had the virus and could pass it on to another club. Not because it's Featherstone, any club should have come clean immediately and cancelled.

Absolutely bob on, and I can't actually believe how many Featherstone fans I've seen defending them on this. I think some are forgetting the situation we were in at that time. The very fact they had the bar open at all should have seen some sanctions, whether players were there or not. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Those at batley who know me know that I don't wear them. 

Unless you can find anywhere across the forum that would suggest otherwise.

Keep the torches burning 

Mind you, if we are discussing pitchforks and mobs, the Fev Facebook page is a tad exciting. 

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Those at batley who know me know that I don't wear them. 

Unless you can find anywhere across the forum that would suggest otherwise.

Keep the torches burning 

No torch burning from me, it was just a joke. If it was the other way round though, I'd be ashamed of my club and apologetic. I'm just pointing out that I've seen very little of that from Fev fans. Difference of opinion is all it is

Just now, BatleyBird said:

No torch burning from me, it was just a joke. If it was the other way round though, I'd be ashamed of my club and apologetic. I'm just pointing out that I've seen very little of that from Fev fans. Difference of opinion is all it is

An episode that has been fully investigated by the local authority, West Yorkshire police and the RFL.

It's an episode that has seen the court conclude its business, pronounce judgement and subsequently the RFL have concluded their business.

The case is now over from all quarters.

Time to move on

14 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Time to move on

Patently untrue! It remains a hot topic primarily amongst Fev supporters who see it feeding into paranoid delusion of the RFL's anti Fev agenda. The anti coviders have nothing against elements of the Fev supporters. 

34 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

An episode that has been fully investigated by the local authority, West Yorkshire police and the RFL.

It's an episode that has seen the court conclude its business, pronounce judgement and subsequently the RFL have concluded their business.

The case is now over from all quarters.

Time to move on

I think you've completely missed/ignored my point but never mind. 

1 hour ago, BatleyBird said:

I think you've completely missed/ignored my point but never mind. 

What about giving your team a few plaudits for their backs to the wall effort yesterday. All there is on here after the result is a refuelling of the covid incident. (Which is strange)  Do you want each and every Fev fan to come on here and apologise for something out of our fans hands? For what it's worth Batley made Fev work hard for the victory and keep your chins up because you have a first class coach there that is moulding Batley into a very good side on limited resources.

3 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

What about giving your team a few plaudits for their backs to the wall effort yesterday. All there is on here after the result is a refuelling of the covid incident. (Which is strange)  Do you want each and every Fev fan to come on here and apologise for something out of our fans hands? For what it's worth Batley made Fev work hard for the victory and keep your chins up because you have a first class coach there that is moulding Batley into a very good side on limited resources.

Great Post Phil

1 hour ago, distantdog said:

Patently untrue! It remains a hot topic primarily amongst Fev supporters who see it feeding into paranoid delusion of the RFL's anti Fev agenda. The anti coviders have nothing against elements of the Fev supporters. 

Here is a post by "tex Evans thigh"... posted last week over on the main forum. An excellent precis of the whole episode....

"Between the often ravenous, seemingly ingrained, hatred of the club by many on here and the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists that think the RFL's sole purpose is to ruin Fev and promote whichever team is doing well at that point in time (Toulouse at the moment), lies a middle ground. I think this punishment is about right.

Obvious error in judgement and breach of protocol which deserved punishment, but the reality of the situation is that this is a bunch of blokes who have just been in a changing room together and most of them have been on a field playing a high contact impact sport for 80 minutes. Hyperbole about putting lives at risk is a little over the top given players were getting tested and have been together for long periods before going into the bar after the game. If they'd stayed in the sheds and had a beer would that have been ok?

No Police or Council punishment or claim of being misled. The club officials were dumb to do it and have been punished with a points deduction and a significant fine for a PT operation, seems about right. Publicly still proclaim innocence as most would but I suspect privately they will have acknowledged it, draw a line under it and move on. Not sure the frothing masses who wanted public executions of 'little villagers' (Fev is a town btw) on here or the 'were the millwall of RL, everyone hates us' factions will but that's life"!

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Here is a post by "tex Evans thigh"... posted last week over on the main forum. An excellent precis of the whole episode.

Between the often ravenous, seemingly ingrained, hatred of the club by many on here and the tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists that think the RFL's sole purpose is to ruin Fev and promote whichever team is doing well at that point in time (Toulouse at the moment), lies a middle ground. I think this punishment is about right.

Obvious error in judgement and breach of protocol which deserved punishment, but the reality of the situation is that this is a bunch of blokes who have just been in a changing room together and most of them have been on a field playing a high contact impact sport for 80 minutes. Hyperbole about putting lives at risk is a little over the top given players were getting tested and have been together for long periods before going into the bar after the game. If they'd stayed in the sheds and had a beer would that have been ok?

No Police or Council punishment or claim of being misled. The club officials were dumb to do it and have been punished with a points deduction and a significant fine for a PT operation, seems about right. Publicly still proclaim innocence as most would but I suspect privately they will have acknowledged it, draw a line under it and move on. Not sure the frothing masses who wanted public executions of 'little villagers' (Fev is a town btw) on here or the 'were the millwall of RL, everyone hates us' factions will but that's life. 

Regarding this l would accept the public beheading of just a tenth of your supporters. I think that would suffice. 

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

Of course not. A signed apology witnessed by a member of the local constabulary will suffice!!! 

Write to West Yorkshire Police Force and Featherstone Rovers RLFC for that DD as I don't think they frequent a match day post on the Batley forum that often🙄

Nobody is going to change my opinion on this episode.I am equally sure I am not going to change the opinion of anyone else.I wonder if there was any conversation about it with the club's officials yesterday.

I really think it is time to put this to bed now.

18 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Nobody is going to change my opinion on this episode.I am equally sure I am not going to change the opinion of anyone else.I wonder if there was any conversation about it with the club's officials yesterday.

I really think it is time to put this to bed now.

Most people share your view Gittinsfan. A minority don't. That's life. I came on here to read your fans views of the game and all that the result has done seems to re ignited hatred. Reading your Widnes posts from last week was full of praise for your team but little or none this week.

22 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Most people share your view Gittinsfan. A minority don't. That's life. I came on here to read your fans views of the game and all that the result has done seems to re ignited hatred. Reading your Widnes posts from last week was full of praise for your team but little or none this week.

There is no hatred here, there's a couple of comments about 'the incident', nothing particularly inflammatory or insulting as far as I can see, but we get called pitch-forkers for daring to have an opinion. I wasn't at the game yesterday, so I can't comment on it. 

We were told up-thread not to visit the Fev forum if easily offended, yet you all seem to be here, clutching your pearls over nothing. 

Decent game I thought we matched fev there easily both half’s - I do wonder if we hadn’t of gifted featherstone 12 points in the first half would it of been different... who knows I credit the lads yesterday who put there hand up for our club I thought we looked tired 2nd half after a few defensive sets - I think we had one maybe two six again’s all game with 2 penalties - I thought featherstone did what Toulouse did to them... anyway hopefully now we can pick up a few results and form for the play offs swinton and Sheffield two big weeks! 

40 minutes ago, BatleyBird said:

There is no hatred here, there's a couple of comments about 'the incident', nothing particularly inflammatory or insulting as far as I can see, but we get called pitch-forkers for daring to have an opinion. I wasn't at the game yesterday, so I can't comment on it. 

We were told up-thread not to visit the Fev forum if easily offended, yet you all seem to be here, clutching your pearls over nothing. 

You can rest assured I won't be bothering your forum again with my insightful and understanding views again. Case closed🖐️

4 hours ago, BatleyBird said:

BUT not all Fev fans are on social media and haven't defended the club ,i for one agreed it was wrong and the club got punished but it's still not enough for some other fans .

14 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

You can rest assured I won't be bothering your forum again with my insightful and understanding views again. Case closed🖐️

Aw, don't go, I was just starting to have fun!! We can disagree with each other and still communicate you know, this is a discussion forum not a world summit. Bet we don't even have the same favourite colour! ☺ 

Archived