2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

https://www.salfordreddevils.net/red-devils-and-kappa-partnership-comes-to-an-end/

The Red Devils’ partnership with Kappa, which has run for three seasons, will finish at the end of the current 2021 season.

During their time as our partner, Kappa supplied kit for two historic cup final appearances. The club would like to wish Kappa our thanks for the partnership.

In alignment with the Kappa agreement, 2021 will also see the club’s retail partnership with Wild Thang end.

Salford Red Devils Commercial Director, George Harborne, said: “We are grateful for the support that Kappa and Wild Thang have shown the club since the 2019 season. They have been valuable partners for the club and we wish them both well in their future projects in rugby league.”

Kappa UK Rugby & Teamwear lead, Craig Miller, added: “Kappa have been extremely proud to partner with Salford Red Devils over the past 3 seasons, with some great experiences including a Grand Final and a Challenge Cup Final in back-to-back seasons.

I would like to thank all the players, staff and fans for supporting the brand during our partnership and wish you all the very best for the future on and off the pitch.”

Wild Thang Director, John Howarth, commented: “We have loved playing a part in the recent success of Salford Red Devils with an Old Trafford and Wembley appearance, plus being the bench wear and half time entertainment sponsors.

“We are proud to have helped the club’s retail business grow and hope that the club continues to progress on the field, to go a step further and give the loyal fans some silverware that their commitment to the club deserves.”

A further announcement on plans for the 2022 season will be made soon.

• 1 month later...

All change at  FEV after Steeden who have been kit partners for the last few years. FEV will enter the 2022 season with a fresh new look through a new 3 year technical and merchandise partnership with Danish Sports Brand Hummel.  

apparently “It  will be the biggest kit deal in the Club’s history😀

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, POR said:

All change at  FEV after Steeden who have been kit partners for the last few years. FEV will enter the 2022 season with a fresh new look through a new 3 year technical and merchandise partnership with Danish Sports Brand Hummel.  

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/featherstone-rovers-announce-record-technical-merchandise-partnership-with-hummel-hICVv

2 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

The traditional looking Hummel kits have been pretty nice, classics even. The non traditional ones, less so...

It seems in RL we get manufacturers in bursts. Everyone had ISC, then X Blades came along with Kappa, then ONiells and now Hummel and Oxen. I do wonder if its just the same people making the shirts just operating under different licenses and word of mouth spread from various chairmen!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The traditional looking Hummel kits have been pretty nice, classics even. The non traditional ones, less so...

It seems in RL we get manufacturers in bursts. Everyone had ISC, then X Blades came along with Kappa, then ONiells and now Hummel and Oxen. I do wonder if its just the same people making the shirts just operating under different licenses and word of mouth spread from various chairmen!

Next will be  Umbro, Mitre and Avec

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

so you think hummel one of the oldest sportswear brands founded in 1923 by Albert Messmer and his brother Michael Ludwig Messmer,in germany  then becoming Danish after being taken over by Bernhard Weckenbrock in 1956 and finally bought out in 1999 by Thornico Group is a member of some old boys network peddling rugby shirts 

7 minutes ago, POR said:

so you think hummel one of the oldest sportswear brands founded in 1923 by Albert Messmer and his brother Michael Ludwig Messmer,in germany  then becoming Danish after being taken over by Bernhard Weckenbrock in 1956 and finally bought out in 1999 by Thornico Group is a member of some old boys network peddling rugby shirts 

Calm down pet.

3 hours ago, POR said:

Excellent news.

• Like 3

There’s probably quite a simple reason why so many brands come and go, and I think it’s just down to the lack of real opportunity in RL.

Many brands go into partnerships with clubs/sports thinking they can do things so much better than the previous partner/supplier, but with RL I think the lack of commercial opportunity to grow is what leads to so much chop and change. Reality is there’s not as much money to be made in RL in the UK as in other sports.

I’d be surprised if there is ever any genuine competition in bidding for club contracts. 
I’ve said this before, and still believe there is however a great opportunity for a sports brand to take ownership of the game (as an apparel partner/supplier), they might not make them huge profits but would give them great visibility.  ISC have come closest. But no one else since.

We see it all too regularly. Brands/suppliers come in and a season or two later are gone, which can only be down to the value of being involved.

Didn't Fev sign a contract with Ellegren only last season?

Edited by EastLondonMike
  • Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

11 hours ago, POR said:

£1.01? 

12 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

All power to bringing in new  marketing and extra £££.

I take it " fresh new look" means no return to the classic butchers stripe jersey though

It has been Butchers Stripes this season, so maybe not next year. The Club are having a Retro Day next Sunday against Sheffield and are wearing this shirt.

E_BEptyXsAM3iyT.jpeg.jpg

• Like 7

On 12/09/2021 at 05:01, EastLondonMike said:

There’s probably quite a simple reason why so many brands come and go, and I think it’s just down to the lack of real opportunity in RL.

Many brands go into partnerships with clubs/sports thinking they can do things so much better than the previous partner/supplier, but with RL I think the lack of commercial opportunity to grow is what leads to so much chop and change. Reality is there’s not as much money to be made in RL in the UK as in other sports.

I’d be surprised if there is ever any genuine competition in bidding for club contracts. 
I’ve said this before, and still believe there is however a great opportunity for a sports brand to take ownership of the game (as an apparel partner/supplier), high might not make them huge profits but would give them great visibility.  ISC have come closest. But no one else since.

Interesting. I've often thought similar. 

The mark-up from factory to retail is phenomenal. There's definitely money to be made.

new rise.jpg

Also looks like almost all the shirt sponsors are rolling over for yet another year as this is technically the first kit of next year (ACS in for Ortus on the lower back the only change I think).

Edited by M j M