2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

2 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Must have had them on a boil wash, that's what happened to all mine........

That'll be it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, voteronniegibbs said:

Must have had them on a boil wash, that's what happened to all mine........

On the upside, they are now self-ironing. Just pop 'em on and the creases vanish!

• Haha 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 17/11/2021 at 08:44, Chrispmartha said:

Hickson Logo is wrong on that one!

spacer.png

to be fair if you are being picky the hoops go too low and they have missed the white off the arm pits/shoulder area too.

1 hour ago, RP London said:

to be fair if you are being picky the hoops go too low and they have missed the white off the arm pits/shoulder area too.

That's less being picky and more observing that they've got it wrong.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Home Bargains replaces Cash Converters as the main Saints shirt sponsor.  I read that the Morris family behind the brand has more wealth than Phillip Green and Mike Ashley combined so not short of a quid or two.

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/11/18/champion-retailer-home-bargains-to-become-saints-principal-shirt-partner/

Very glad to have moved on from Cash Converters - not a business model I admire.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

Home Bargains replaces Cash Converters as the main Saints shirt sponsor.  I read that the Morris family behind the brand has more wealth than Phillip Green and Mike Ashley combined so not short of a quid or two.

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2021/11/18/champion-retailer-home-bargains-to-become-saints-principal-shirt-partner/

Very glad to have moved on from Cash Converters - not a business model I admire.

Money is money at the end of the day, but when the SL champions for the last three years has Home Bargins as their principle sponsor, it pretty much says everything about the perception of the sport. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Money is money at the end of the day, but when the SL champions for the last three years has Home Bargins as their principle sponsor, it pretty much says everything about the perception of the sport. 

It's certainly not a prestige brand I agree.

It's a bigger business than you might think though, turns over about £3bn

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Yep, Tom Morris is only worth 4.6 billion.

• Like 1

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

17 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

It's certainly not a prestige brand I agree.

It's a bigger business than you might think though, turns over about £3bn

Not doubting the money behind it, there is a lot revenue to be made in the pound shop business, but that's not what's is instantly visable to the wider populace. It just cements the mushy peas eating, bingo playing, bargin hunting northern look we have. 

17 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Not glamorous or prestige but a profitable Liverpool company with a multi-billion pound turnover that's still massively expanding across the UK.

I can also say from personal experience that they're a pretty decent company to work for (compared to many large retailers where you here such horror stories of how they treat their staff). My step-son started working for them part time while at College and enjoyed it so much he never left and he's now a regional store manager for them.

• Like 3

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

The Home Bargains sponsorship is a far better look than Cash Converters. 

I thought the announcement was quite clever - it was clear that the sponsorship would get some jibes, but they announced the turnover to give it credibility, and the Saints fans have repeated this in almost every post. It nipped a lot of the negativity in the bud.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The Home Bargains sponsorship is a far better look than Cash Converters. 

Ain't that the truth.  I decided I wouldn't buy a shirt whilst that was on it, our new home shirt is released today and I'll be buying it I'm sure.

Edited by FearTheVee
  • Like 2

Suspect the reason the England jersey got marked down in price is that there'll be a new version for the tournament, Dacia have updated their logo I imagine they'd want it incorporated since there's the time to do it now.

download.png

• Like 4

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.