2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

The Salford home shirt is okay, but the away one is instantly forgettable.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

If the selco sponsor didn't look like someone slapped a bumper sticker on it, it would half decent.

Agreed. It's like someone sent through what they thought was a transparent file and forgot to check at the proofing stage.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

5 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh Barrow. The club badge is terrible, the shirt is terrible and the sponsor looks poor on this. This is a real club on the up too 😕 

Use your heritage. The blue with white chevron is unmistakably Barrow!

• Like 1

Not sure if many of you will have seen the news this week that Brentford have become the first Premier League side in nearly 20 years to announce that they won't be releasing new kits next season. I think it's an interesting move that will see other clubs take note and possibly announce something similar (kit manufacturer/main sponsor permitting). Could RL afford to take similar steps? It's already a thing in the NRL where they keep the same design for 2 seasons, even if the manufacturer or sponsors change. 

https://www.eurosport.com/football/brentford-to-continue-with-same-home-kit-for-2022-23-premier-league-season-to-save-fans-money_sto8640262/story.shtml

17 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure if many of you will have seen the news this week that Brentford have become the first Premier League side in nearly 20 years to announce that they won't be releasing new kits next season. I think it's an interesting move that will see other clubs take note and possibly announce something similar (kit manufacturer/main sponsor permitting). Could RL afford to take similar steps? It's already a thing in the NRL where they keep the same design for 2 seasons, even if the manufacturer or sponsors change. 

https://www.eurosport.com/football/brentford-to-continue-with-same-home-kit-for-2022-23-premier-league-season-to-save-fans-money_sto8640262/story.shtml

On the flip side it usually means the can charge more initially and keep the price up for longer.

I can see this working for clubs who have fixed designs rather than colours (which are more flexible) and don't have huge fanbases.

On 26/11/2021 at 21:41, Dave T said:

It would appear to be a late sponsor as somebody else mentioned. It looks like they had the kits made without sponsors and then they signed this. 

Particularly as they say you can have a blank one now and then upgrade to a sponsored one if you want one when they are ready. That hardly suggests it is them catering for no sponsor shirts. They also stress that it is this year only. 

The thing to note is that although a sponsor can be added at a later date, I don’t think it is specified that it is necessarily the Iconiq logo. 

4 hours ago, Scubby said:

Oh Barrow. The club badge is terrible, the shirt is terrible and the sponsor looks poor on this. This is a real club on the up too 😕 

Use your heritage. The blue with white chevron is unmistakably Barrow!

Apart from when it’s Swinton 😊 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1