2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

On 30/11/2021 at 17:51, Angelic Cynic said:

Just a little question about suppliers,of recent history, while you all await for the kit releases from the clubs who were identified by their first names when the fixtures were released, recently,unlike the elite league and their Warriors,Robins,and Tigers.

Anyway,Beyond Limits Known(?) BLK - Didn't they supply international sides,and a club or two in the Elite League?

My memory is shot,but I was informed about this,today,

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/firm-linked-to-teesside-mayor-ben-houchen-collapsed-with-3m-debt-pwr5wp2km

The money owed to the governing body would have greatly assisted League 1 clubs;should they be blessed with decent owners.

Did other clubs lose as much?

Was it all paid upfront?

Should the idea of Gubrats now be considered?

Is it a job for Ken Davy after his commercial benefit of getting Channel 4 involved trumped anything the highly paid Elstone achieved?

How can so much be lost to a kit supplier?

BLK like many other kit suppliers were pretty terrible. The Bears were with them for one year and didn't get their kit delivered on time. Not only that due to supply issues replica shirts never went on sale. They were absolutely shocking 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

And excellent home/away shirts with Supro Sports.

And tonight their 24th signing for 2022, wingman Fin Stewart from Huddersfield’s Academy.

image.jpeg.f411cd5f3dbbc28e709a8f337bc3e049.jpeg

Edited by glemiln
Additions
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

spacer.png

They might only be training shirts, but real nice from Macron. Simple but real nice detail.

• Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Like the colours, less the pattern on the front of the shirt.

Nice kits, both of them and like the club colours. I think the club logo is poor tho, very little standout and not sure how well it works on digital and in social. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

11 hours ago, OriginalMrC said:

BLK like many other kit suppliers were pretty terrible. The Bears were with them for one year and didn't get their kit delivered on time. Not only that due to supply issues replica shirts never went on sale. They were absolutely shocking 

Yet ironically I think they've produced the best England shirts since the move away from ISC (who have been the best in the modern era imo). They even made the St George's cross flag shirt look good.

• Like 1

Not sure I still fully understand what happened with ISC. I kind of understood there reasons for pulling out of supplying in the UK, but the way they seemingly just upped sticks and left the NRL clubs was really odd looking back on it. At the time I think they blamed COVID and licensing agreements for pulling out, but just doesn't seem quite right - they were dominating the market, I think they had 9 NRL clubs at one point. Just seems a huge scale back to move away from professional NRL and AFL to now just being a kit supplier for amateur/grassroots teams. 

2 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Not sure I still fully understand what happened with ISC. I kind of understood there reasons for pulling out of supplying in the UK, but the way they seemingly just upped sticks and left the NRL clubs was really odd looking back on it. At the time I think they blamed COVID and licensing agreements for pulling out, but just doesn't seem quite right - they were dominating the market, I think they had 9 NRL clubs at one point. Just seems a huge scale back to move away from professional NRL and AFL to now just being a kit supplier for amateur/grassroots teams. 

I think it just shows that whatever they were doing and how they were doing it wasn't working financially. It's a pity because of all the suppliers in recent years I do think that ISC were the best overall for design and quality.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

I think it just shows that whatever they were doing and how they were doing it wasn't working financially. It's a pity because of all the suppliers in recent years I do think that ISC were the best overall for design and quality.

I think it can only be this.. or something similar. That being said they have just renewed with the Canberra Raiders. Which goes against the recent grain.

It is a bit of a puzzling one.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Damien said:

Completely agree - Catalans, Hull, Leeds and Wakefield arguably had their best ever SL kits made by ISC. They could be a bit lazy at times (certainly with a couple of the Rhinos' in any case) but the quality and overall look always felt reasonably premium. 

53 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think it can only be this.. or something similar. That being said they have just renewed with the Canberra Raiders. Which goes against the recent grain.

It is a bit of a puzzling one.

Yeah I thought that was a bit odd too. A bit of digging and I found this article, which essentially reads that they have a huge presence in Canberra at all levels of the game, so I guess if they were going to keep their foot in the door with any NRL club it made sense to be the Raiders. 

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08/31/isc-extend-their-partnership-with-the-canberra-raiders/

Edited by hunsletgreenandgold

Home and away, Hull FC have played a blinder with both their 2022 designs.

• Like 2

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

ISC over extended themselves and that's why they then reduced their footprint at the Pro level.

When ISC really started to push into League, they were one of the first apparel brands to not only offer clubs / NRL a clip of the ticket in sales and X amount of free contra, but also pay a sponsorship amount on top.

Naturally this was fine to begin with, but those sponsorship amounts only continued to grow (they paid over a million for the Broncos apparel rights), plus then with Jersey sales plateauing/dropping in Australia (versus other apparel types which were often owned by other companies), large licensing fees owed for things like their Marvel partnership and a desire from clubs to stop drastically changing their lit each year made their model unsustainable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

10 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Hummel easily the best kit/training gear supplier at the moment imo, gutted Leeds haven’t gone with them

They definitely appear the closest to the best of the ISC gear we have had in the past atm - and they've sorted their collar out which was a big issue for many.

10 year kit deal 🤦‍♂️ ... at least there's a sale on

Yes Catalans consistently have quality kits. 

What do people think of fans choosing the kit?

A number of fans owned teams allow this to happen.

Do people think supporters would opt for the more conservative/traditional?

Certainly in my opinion, I would try and persuade our leading clubs to work around individual distinctive designs that everyone would recognize as such. This is already half way there as in the St Helen's Vee,