2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

36 minutes ago, RP London said:

i expect the england stuff still has a way to go... i'm holding on but i can see a point where it almost seems silly NOT to buy something for gym wear or running.. if thats what they are aiming for then very well played to them but its a funny way of going about it.. that said i have no issue with their stuff (i know some do) but their attitude to sales is bonkers.. theyd be better off just selling a job lot to MandM direct like Hummel did with the GB stuff, at least then they get more coverage!

England Shirt for £10 if you buy the Rhinos home shirt now!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Yakstorm said:

There are arguably different levels of integration and whilst the ultimate outcome is to have any sponsor using complementary colours, Warrington have actually integrated Hoover into their kit to the point where there isn't unnecessary extra patches or the design of the kit is broken as a result. 

For me, the Wolves have done as good of job as possible for a sponsor who's most recognisable feature is a red dot.

Bad integration is more like Salford & Selco where there is an unnecessary white box around a mono logo.

yes agree with that, did mention the white box stuff.. but there are a number of people who dont like anything a different colour etc.. as a company we have 3 major brands we sell (plus a new one that is starting to get traction) a couple of which I would be happy to just flip the colours into club colours but a couple of others I would not allow it, and it would be a red line. However, I would not want it to look rubbish and tacky so it would need to integrate in the way you say, but the colours would make it stand out deliberately. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

you're kidding?? thats ridiculous.. i bought the England shirt with a fee 1/4 zip top (or vice versa) which was great and love the 1/4 zip top all england branded etc.. the international shirt IMHO should not be given away with club tops!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RP London said:

you're kidding?? thats ridiculous.. i bought the England shirt with a fee 1/4 zip top (or vice versa) which was great and love the 1/4 zip top all england branded etc.. the international shirt IMHO should not be given away with club tops!

Nope. Tbf we do share a shop.

The worrying thing (for oxen anyway), is that many of those styles in the sale offer a full size range, still.. and such a big size range. S - 6XL is nuts. 

I think they have more training tops than England have actually had training sessions.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

Nope. Tbf we do share a shop.

Is that in the physical shop or online?

Its still wrong IMHO to put the international shirt in an offer with the club shirt, international shirts should be the premium product and the holy grail (in the same way as dont keep drastically changing it, pick a design and stick to it so it becomes iconic.. kiwis and aussies dont keep changing drastically the design just little tweaks).. fine put the training gear on deals, joint deals etc but not the playing replicas.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The worrying thing (for oxen anyway), is that many of those styles in the sale offer a full size range, still.. and such a big size range. S - 6XL is nuts. 

I think they have more training tops than England have actually had training sessions.

to be fair some of the designs are really nice and i would assume some if it is easy with just a colour switch (blue, red, charcoal) but there are far too many for what is a limited market. 

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Especially for those clubs who can't give away England shirts with their own!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RP London said:

Is that in the physical shop or online?

Its still wrong IMHO to put the international shirt in an offer with the club shirt, international shirts should be the premium product and the holy grail (in the same way as dont keep drastically changing it, pick a design and stick to it so it becomes iconic.. kiwis and aussies dont keep changing drastically the design just little tweaks).. fine put the training gear on deals, joint deals etc but not the playing replicas.

Both I think. We share a physical shop and Elite Pro Sports seem to do a lot on a hub site with the partners off that including Cas, Hull KR, Gloucester RU etc.

I agree re: the England shirt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Both I think. We share a physical shop and Elite Pro Sports seem to do a lot on a hub site with the partners off that including Cas, Hull KR, Gloucester RU etc.

I agree re: the England shirt.

jeez.. havent looked at the full shop online for a while, just every so often look at the link to the england stuff from Our League... i can understand linked deals but surely within the same clubs and not international.. just seems weak.. even i can do stuff on our very basic website shop that links certain products and not others.. 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't mind them selling England gear through the clubs. But this seems excessive.

agree sell the england shirt through clubs.. i think that would be a good idea (open up to all clubs to be honest).. but the discounting is poor.

42 minutes ago, Damien said:
3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Talk about cheapening the brand.

I don't think being associated with England RL will do too much damage to a premium brand but I see your point.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, unapologetic pedant said:

"Optimism" isn`t quite the right word.

If it turns out to be a revival of the Sheffield Wednesday excrescence, the right word won`t get past the swear filter.

Where have you seen images? The site suggests a release date of 10.12.21?

17 hours ago, Dave T said:

I think different brands have different viewpoints on stuff like this. And sometimes it can just be down to an individual. I think RL does well from a pure numbers point of view, it will be great value, considering the TV coverage we can offer, but that does lead us to a certain kind of sponsor rather than those looking for a bit more prestige. 

We are very poor at converting sponsors from the more prestigious international game to the club game. 

I think we do get a number of sponsors like Asus over the years who value the numbers and the value over the prestige side of things, and that is where we do ok. 

Although I'm not a marketeer it is the industry I work in so I have a decent knowledge.

Basically you are correct. Some brands/products look for specifics.

So banks and insurance companies tend to go for middle class sports like, cricket and RU. It's the demographics they are interested in.

Others go for obvious connections, parts manufacturers = motorsport.

Regardless of what we like to think we lost much of our natural demographics related sponsorship when Tobacco sponsors were banned and we have never really replaced them but that's another story.

Brands like ASUS don't care, they sell generic products that although of good quality, are one of many. What they need is logo/brand recognition, so that the confuse buyer see's their logo on a product and thinks ahh I recognise that one, they must be good. All they want is for their logo to be everywhere and thus imprinted in peoples minds, SL offers that exposure at a staggeringly good rate.

It's an old trick. Sony has a logo that is basically just a line of uppercase type using a slightly modified version of an old font used mainly for copy, it's totally unremarkable, it's barely a logo at all. Yet due to decades of endless advertising and sponsorships and the rest it's totally recognisable yet it shouldn't be. But there it is, imprinted.

ASUS log is the same if a touch more stylised and that's their aim and within reason any medium will do so long as the price is right. Trinity did well, we get the cash and some reflected glory from a brand that is slowly cementing itself as a staple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Although I'm not a marketeer it is the industry I work in so I have a decent knowledge.

So banks and insurance companies tend to go for middle class sports like, cricket and RU. It's the demographics they are interested in.

Regardless of what we like to think we lost much of our natural demographics related sponsorship when Tobacco sponsors were banned and we have never really replaced them but that's another story.

Brands like ASUS don't care, they sell generic products that although of good quality, are one of many. What they need is logo/brand recognition, so that the confuse buyer see's their logo on a product and thinks ahh I recognise that one, they must be good. All they want is for their logo to be everywhere and thus imprinted in peoples minds, SL offers that exposure at a staggeringly good rate.

It's an old trick. Sony has a logo that is basically just a line of uppercase type using a slightly modified version of an old font used mainly for copy, it's totally unremarkable, it's barely a logo at all. Yet due to decades of endless advertising and sponsorships and the rest it's totally recognisable yet it shouldn't be. But there it is, imprinted.

ASUS log is the same if a touch more stylised and that's their aim and within reason any medium will do so long as the price is right. Trinity did well, we get the cash and some reflected glory from a brand that is slowly cementing itself as a staple.

sounds about right.. what we need in position are people who can spot those companies and go after them.. and to be honest i think that is often where we fall down. My instinct (i dont know for sure but from many years of being an RL fan its what i feel is going on at most clubs) is that most clubs are reactive and waiting for sponsors to contact them rather than the other way around.. I say that as someone who did some work with a club once and sponsoring them and yet at no point were they trying to upsell into other areas, even though i had said i was open to it.. yet when we did sponsor another sport they were always looking to what else they could do with us to help us (photo shoots, give away days with the organisation as a competition etc) with the idea that we may add a bit more to the next sponsorship deal etc.. basic account management work really where is RL they seem to expect you to go to them more than them offer to you.

35 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

I have literally never heard of ASUS, if you’d asked me what it is I’d have said a local firm in Wakefield.  That said I don’t watch much tv and when I do it’s Netflix/Amazon so I don’t see many adverts. 

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have literally never heard of ASUS, if you’d asked me what it is I’d have said a local firm in Wakefield.  That said I don’t watch much tv and when I do it’s Netflix/Amazon so I don’t see many adverts. 

Nobody would ask you as I can only assume you live in a cave, which judging by some of your other posts you must do. Netflix and Amazon are TV by the way, just not an advertising based service but rather a streaming service, so unless you don't use a TV to watch them on then they are TV? TV is not the media it's just a machine. Just like Hoover is actually a company not the product, that's actually a vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, by your logic that means that 99.9% of world brands will be invisible to you as clearly you've never seen an ad for anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus

6 minutes ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Nobody would ask you as I can only assume you live in a cave, which judging by some of your other posts you must do. Netflix and Amazon are TV by the way, just not an advertising based service but rather a streaming service, so unless you don't use a TV to watch them on then they are TV? TV is not the media it's just a machine. Just like Hoover is actually a company not the product, that's actually a vacuum cleaner.

Anyway, by your logic that means that 99.9% of world brands will be invisible to you as clearly you've never seen an ad for anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asus

Not sure that there’s any need for your sarcasm or jibes. I was merely pointing out that I’ve never heard of ASUS, but I’ll leave you to it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not sure that there’s any need for your sarcasm or jibes. I was merely pointing out that I’ve never heard of ASUS, but I’ll leave you to it. 

Same not a clue who they are apart from being on Wakefield’s shirt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Me too, I had heard of Asos not Asus. 

Yep call me a Neanderthal but I’ve never heard of Asus either (a Mac user here). A quick google and their laptops are everywhere.

I guess this comes down to a previous poster’s point - it is likely good value for money in simply raising a basic awareness. I had heard of/seen the name Asus purely because of the Wakey/RL sponsorship. If I needed a PC laptop (and might do soon for my boy) then popping into/online to Curry’s etc it’s the first name that would have jumped out.

You don’t necessarily need to know exactly what a company do but raising subtle awareness of a name/logo is one of the key point of branding and sponsorship.

• Like 4