2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

34 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The Nissan bit of its new. Makes it too wide 🤦🏼‍♂️

Probably realised no one knows it as Bristol Street Motors, better its's Widnes Nissan, or for those with a longer memory Widnes Car Centre. 

Edited by DI Keith Fowler

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

34 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

People complain when sponsor logos are too visible, people complain when they're not visible enough. That's what I have learned from this thread.

I was waiting for that!

I was thinking more from the sponsor's side. I mean, it's not noticeable at all but on prime real estate. What's the point of forking out money then putting that on the shirt?!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

11 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The main sponsor is practically invisible. What's the point in it being so small?!

It looks like it's the logo they'd use for their email footer and they've just transferred it over.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, barnyia said:

The Catalan kit should be out soon, looking at the training stuff the players have I can't see the kit being a classic this year, what's macron kit designs usually like? 

For rugby they've been generally alright. Quite bold and blocky, in a good way imo. 

I remember over a decade ago when they started in English football and made my teams kits they weren't especially well loved, but they appear to have improved dramatically since then.

15 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

IMG_20211210_194811.jpg.e643b0d0689dd7dfe06e3c0f61d454f0.jpgIMG_20211210_194815.jpg.3cda50398c657afa78896c2fd26132bf.jpg

Deary me , completely horrific . Widnes used to have some iconic strips . Some designers need sacking looking at the jazzy rubbish they throw out .

Edited by DavidM

19 minutes ago, Waynebennettswinger said:

Are you complaining about people complaining? 

Yes. In green crayon.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It looks like it's the logo they'd use for their email footer and they've just transferred it over.

I laughed out loud reading this because you have it spot on. Its shocking really, the sponsor cant be happy with that surely.

Just now, Damien said:

With a few notable exceptions 2022 has to be the worst ever for kit designs.

Awful. These are proud clubs with 100-150+ years of history and their players shouldn’t be wearing such tat. 

Might be better to launch a home kit one year, away the next, with heritage/one-offs in between. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

And on green paper.

And in very small writing.

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Awful. These are proud clubs with 100-150+ years of history and their players shouldn’t be wearing such tat. 

Might be better to launch a home kit one year, away the next, with heritage/one-offs in between. 

That doesn't protect you from a ###### kit, and just means you have it for longer.

• Haha 2