2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

1 hour ago, Tommygilf said:

And Fulham's colours!

My gripe is that it just doesn't work - its not helped by the badge which doesn't look great with its silver sheen on most backgrounds.

It’s another crazy move by the London Bonkers. Only yesterday they were pushing season tickets online with everything in red!

On Twitter it looks like local Dons fans love it and the loyal Broncos fans hate it.  There’s a pattern here.

Should have had this as the second or ‘alternative’ kit and got dispensation from the RFL to play the first game in it.

The constant ‘all-in’ jumping from one bandwagon to another is jarring and has never worked before. However I hope that somehow it is a success this time round.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

It’s another crazy move by the London Bonkers. Only yesterday they were pushing season tickets online with everything in red!

On Twitter it looks like local Dons fans love it and the loyal Broncos fans hate it.  There’s a pattern here.

Should have had this as the second or ‘alternative’ kit and got dispensation from the RFL to play the first game in it.

The constant ‘all-in’ jumping from one bandwagon to another is jarring and has never worked before. However I hope that somehow it is a success this time round.

Absolutely, as an alternative shirt the colours would work well vs the Black white and Red home, and it would be a nice homage to the locals which is fair enough without sacrificing the Broncos identity.

• Like 1

OK personally I hate the shirt, it would have been good as an away top, but I really don't like it for a home top....

BUT.....

its the right call (as much as I hate the top). The only way this will work is if the Broncos can win over the local area. they have managed to alienate pretty much all there legacy fans over the years, so its really a last chance to go all in with the Dons, and this means IMHO buying into the Dons as much as possible.

Lets be honest there are very few legacy fans left to ###### off, and having fulham colours playing at wimbledon is probably a no no if they want this partnership to work here

• Like 1

The other issue with the colours (not Wimbledons fault) is that Blue and Gold are the colours of Leeds and Wire, two of the largest SL teams, so it very much dilutes the Broncos identity. The teams in the top 6 of Premiership football don't play in Blue and gold ( yes Chelsea play in Blue but no gold). So we just look like cheap Leeds \ Wire wannibees here.

But we do have to go the Dons route as much as possible here

Edited by crashmon

1 minute ago, crashmon said:

The other issue with the colours (not Wimbledons fault) is that Blue and Gold are the colours of Leeds and Wire, two of the largest SL teams, so it very much dilutes the Broncos identity. The teams in the top 6 of Premiership football don't play in Blue and gold ( yes Chelsea play in Blue but no gold). So we just look like cheap Leeds \ Wire wannibees here.

But we do have do go the Dons route as much as possible here

Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, the three biggest clubs in England all play in red though? 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal, the three biggest clubs in England all play in red though? 

Subtle differences and all very distinctive in their own way - Liverpool are always all red; United are red, white and black (red shirt, white shorts, black socks) and Arsenal red shirt with white arms.

Think Leeds and Wire pull off a similar trick so no problem there.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I like that, if I had to say something negative (which I’m obliged to as it’s the TRL forum) there isn’t quite enough red on it. 

It’s pretty good,especially when compared to some of the awful efforts released so far.

1 minute ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

If they're changing the kit colours, they might as well change the colours of the badge to go with it. Just doesn't look like it works with it.

Just hard to feel an identity here.

The Don-cos era has begun.

It’s just for 2022, they said. Doncos - like it 👍

The blue and yellow is for 1 year only according to this. That just seems really odd to me and is a complete gimmick. Moving should be all about either creating a new brand with a fresh start or doing all you can to keep old fans happy and reinforce the existing brand. This just seems muddled and will alienate existing fans in year 1 and then any new Wimbledon fans in year 2 😂:

• Like 4

If, and it’s a big if, this is successful and they have a successful year on and off the pitch, wouldn’t it be remiss to abandon the blue and yellow, more so if it is part of that success off the pitch, and premature to announce this is for one year only?