2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

15 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think thats pretty smart. Nothing more than an interesting print, but nice as an away shirt.

Think they need to sort the colour matching out on the shorts, but that aside. I like it.

It’s the home, I think. That’s based on me remembering some French from school, so I may be completely wrong. 

The shorts and socks don’t match the kit or each other really, which is a shame but the shirt isn’t the worst I’ve ever seen. 

27 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

I think thats pretty smart. Nothing more than an interesting print, but nice as an away shirt.

Think they need to sort the colour matching out on the shorts, but that aside. I like it.

It’s the home kit.

It's still nice enough. Nothing amazing as it is only a print, but sill think its nice. Just needed to sort the shorts and socks out a bit better.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

On 26/11/2021 at 16:02, M j M said:
On 26/11/2021 at 15:56, WN83 said:

Iqoniq  were on the shirts last season and at the time of announcing their sponsorship, it was said to be a ‘multi year’ deal. 

We just like being extra slow on everything. 

I hope Wigan got the cash up front.

It's being reported Wigan are on the hunt for a new lead sponsor so I can only assume they didn't. 

The history of shirt sponsors at Wigan is worth a book but the main takeaway is that none of them stick around for long.

On 24/01/2022 at 18:47, M j M said:

It's being reported Wigan are on the hunt for a new lead sponsor so I can only assume they didn't. 

The history of shirt sponsors at Wigan is worth a book but the main takeaway is that none of them stick around for long.

Shades of Probiz. 🙂

On 24/01/2022 at 18:47, M j M said:

JJB Sports,Norweb 

I know it’s all about money etc but Wigan shouldn’t deface that 150th anniversary shirt with a main sponsor. The one on the right breast is subtle and goes with the shirt but on a traditional shirt celebrating that anniversary it should be sponsor free this year. 

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

JJB Sports,Norweb 

Yes sorry I was thinking more this century!

Also it's never a great sign when your owner's company is the sponsor as it indicates they struggled to find anyone else.

16 minutes ago, M j M said:

Yes sorry I was thinking more this century!

Also it's never a great sign when your owner's company is the sponsor as it indicates they struggled to find anyone else.

JJB sponsored Wigan long before Dave Whelan bought the club.

Man City/PSG must really be struggling then.

31 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

JJB sponsored Wigan long before Dave Whelan bought the club.

Man City/PSG must really be struggling then.

I don't know why you're taking it personally. It's obvious to anyone that Wigan's record of attracting and retaining sponsors in the past decade or so is really terrible. It may be coincidence but it merely mirrors other ways I perceive the club to be poorly run.

1 minute ago, M j M said:

I don't know why you're taking it personally. It's obvious to anyone that Wigan's record of attracting and retaining sponsors in the past decade or so is really terrible. It may be coincidence but it merely mirrors other ways I perceive the club to be poorly run.

It might be because Kris Radlinski is appalling at all the metrics required to be a Wigan CEO.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

Not taking anything personally,just correcting your incorrect sweeping statements.

25 minutes ago, M j M said:

I do think there is a large element of truth in what you say and some of it seems pure laziness. Some sponsors have simply been Lenegan pushing his products which isn't particularly great for the club.

I always compliment Wakefield for their Asus sponsorship. If Wakefield can get a sponsor like that (and I don't mean to dig at Wakefield, quite the opposite, its a criticism of my own club) then Wigan certainly should be able to with their size, history and being the most well known club in the UK. It really should be an easy sell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Damien said:

I do think there is a large element of truth in what you say and some of it seems pure laziness. Some sponsors have simply been Lenegan pushing his products which isn't particularly great for the club.

I always compliment Wakefield for their Asus sponsorship. If Wakefield can get a sponsor like that (and I don't mean to dig at Wakefield, quite the opposite, its a criticism of my own club) then Wigan certainly should be able to with their size, history and being the most well known club in the UK. It really should be an easy sell.

Which sponsors have been Lenagan pushing his own products? The only time I can think of that happening was when we had Animalates as a shirt sponsor, but that was immediately after Applicado FS went bust, and it wasn't sponsorship as much as free advertising because there was nothing else to put there and was only for a handful of games.

Asus is a good sponsor as long as they are paying good money to do so. If they aren't then the sponsorship isn't great but it's very rare we get any indication of what individual sponsors are paying.

Besides, a cryptocurrency based fan platform with sponsorship deals with one of the biggest football leagues in the world, the current F1 constructors champions and several European football clubs isn't your stereotypical rugby league sponsor. Unfortunately Wigan were one of many who fell for what they were purported to be selling.

Edited by EagleEyePie
  • Like 1