2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

12 hours ago, M j M said:

Yes sorry I was thinking more this century!

Also it's never a great sign when your owner's company is the sponsor as it indicates they struggled to find anyone else.

I see your "company owned by owner" and raise you just putting the owners name on the shirt or the owner starting a company that doesnt actually do any business just to put the name on the shirt!

spacer.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, M j M said:

Yes sorry I was thinking more this century!

Also it's never a great sign when your owner's company is the sponsor as it indicates they struggled to find anyone else.

A client of one of the agencies that I used to work with was a main sponsor of Wigan. When their 12 month contract ended, they had no intention of renewing because they just didn't feel that they were getting enough value from the deal, or the club. 

They later told me that Wigan practically gave them the second year as they were that desperate after failing to find a replacement. 

1 hour ago, RP London said:

I see your "company owned by owner" and raise you just putting the owners name on the shirt or the owner starting a company that doesnt actually do any business just to put the name on the shirt!

spacer.png

Marcus Evans at Ipsw*ch is another prime example. 

1 hour ago, RP London said:

spacer.png

image.jpeg.b84febe8cac709decade9324653578eb.jpeg

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

8 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Saints had a rough ride in the naughties too didn't they? AllSports and Earth both went under, wasn't there another too?

Pilkington? or was that earlier.

New Wigan Sponsor announced as Open Exchange Inc, some tech firm from the USA, with offices in London, Hong Kong and the US. I can't say I've heard of them and if they're going to be a good sponsor, here for the long term etc, who knows? 

It's just nice to get it sorted after the mess with Iconiq. 

20 minutes ago, WN83 said:

New Wigan Sponsor announced as Open Exchange Inc, some tech firm from the USA, with offices in London, Hong Kong and the US. I can't say I've heard of them and if they're going to be a good sponsor, here for the long term etc, who knows? 

https://bit.ly/3Gg9Gyw

36 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I do wonder if the Channel 4 deal continues what impact that will have on the type of sponsors SL teams get. 

• Like 2

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

5 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

I do wonder if the Channel 4 deal continues what impact that will have on the type of sponsors SL teams get. 

I was thinking that too, though it’s only 10 games so surely not that relevant to sponsors. I can’t imagine why an American tech firm would sponsor Wigan. 

Open Exchange is a video comms platform designed for the financial sector who are trying to build their UK presence after expanding their contracts with the London Stock Exchange.

They have revenues over USD100m annually and are growing quickly, so not a bad pick up for Wigan. It looks like this is their first sponsorship as well.

• Like 1

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

39 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I was thinking that too, though it’s only 10 games so surely not that relevant to sponsors. 

Agree that for clubs, it is unlikely to have a dramatic impact, however at the League level, Super League should be able to either drive more value out of their existing partners and/or sell more of the many unsold sponsorship assets they have based upon the increased reach. 

• Like 3

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

32 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

It's really positive that they have signed a sponsor up. For all the BS about giving fans a choice (which is now proven as lies as all shirts are now for sale with a sponsor on) it was clear that it was a botched launch.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

They are not even the best shirts in Oldham! Take a look at St Annes.

Good St Annes. I follow the amateur sides. I favour Waterhead the most. Anyway. Oldham do have the best shirt this year. And no doubt about it the best EVER, Boddingtons. Absolute classic.

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It's really positive that they have signed a sponsor up. For all the BS about giving fans a choice (which is now proven as lies as all shirts are now for sale with a sponsor on) it was clear that it was a botched launch.

You can even get the sponsor added now to your sponsorless shirt for free. You can't even buy the shirt now without a sponsor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damien said:

You can even get the sponsor added now to your sponsorless shirt for free. You can't even buy the shirt now without a sponsor.

Yeah, it was a bit of a botch job, they should have just said no sponsor signed yet, I know Wire did that about 20 years ago. But I suppose the Iqoniq situation was a bit mad at the time. 

The problem is that they created this false narrative about making it a customer choice etc. It wasn't, it was a main sponsor issue. 

• Like 1