2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

2 hours ago, Lapsed Leeds Fan said:

Yes, unfortunately there is an issue if fans don't buy them. The surplus will probably end up in landfill and stay there for the next 1,000 years.

I suspect they just don't make many and sell them dirt cheap if left over. 

45 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

It's a combination of the poor quality, current cost of living situation and the blatant money spinner tactics/marketing technique around it all for me. 

I get that nobody has to buy it but for me all of the above is devaluing brand Rhinos. 

I get that, but I dont have an issue with more choice. Somebody somewhere must like them. 

OK, I'm not positive about the last line. 

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

So Leeds, well, Oxen released 5 - yes 5 retro shirts today - so that is now 8 shirts they've released this year, and the retro shirts look absolutely horrendously cheap, like those knock off football shirts you see in cheap souvenir shops.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Firstly the top two. They look horrendous without the Carling Black Label logo in the centre. They just look incomplete, which they are - I don't know why  you'd want to wear something like that.

And the red shirt is not the away kit from that year as Oxen describe it. That was white, I had one. This red thing is the third kit which I think only got a run out at Thrum Hall when apparently both our home and away clashed.

The rest are ok in terms of look if not quality or concept  although the 94-95 one does look slightly off. 

And yes that's the 94-95 kit. Tetley's, your name is on it despite you continually putting 'proud sponsors since 1995' on your stadium advertising. Your deal actually started the previous year.

(Pedantic, me?)

Edited by M j M
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, M j M said:

Firstly the top two. They look horrendous without the Carling Black Label logo in the centre. They just look incomplete, which they are - I don't know why  you'd want to wear something like that.

And the red shirt is not the away kit from that year as Oxen describe it. That was white, I had one. This red thing is the third kit which I think only got a run out at Thrum Hall when apparently both our home and away clashed.

The rest are ok in terms of look if not quality or concept  although the 94-95 one does look slightly off. 

And yes that's the 94-95 kit. Tetley's, your name is on it despite you continually putting 'proud sponsors since 1995' on your stadium advertising. Your deal actually started the previous year.

(Pedantic, me?)

Ive been to the store this morning as they have finally got the player issue shirts in to buy they are far better fit and quality than the supporters versions, but no good if you are carrying a few extra pounds as they are extremely tight fitting! and they are also £80!!!!

So I toolk the chance to look at the retro tat, and I can confirm they are indeed, tat, really poor quality and cheap looking, I have a 94 Ellgren shirt and even though it is made from the most horrible material known to man it still seemed better than these.

The 91 zig zag replica is all kinds of wrong, it's just a wasted opportunity, I like the idea of retro kits but they should be done as authentically as possible. I have a Watersplash final replica and the detail is absolutely first class, even down to it having padding built in to the shoulders like the original, that's the shirt I still wear to matches.

I am probably overly bothered about this, but I collect the shirts and if they had done these properly they would have sold a few more as Id have had them butters no way Id part any cash for these they are just awful.

37 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive been to the store this morning as they have finally got the player issue shirts in to buy they are far better fit and quality than the supporters versions, but no good if you are carrying a few extra pounds as they are extremely tight fitting! and they are also £80!!!!

So I toolk the chance to look at the retro tat, and I can confirm they are indeed, tat, really poor quality and cheap looking, I have a 94 Ellgren shirt and even though it is made from the most horrible material known to man it still seemed better than these.

The 91 zig zag replica is all kinds of wrong, it's just a wasted opportunity, I like the idea of retro kits but they should be done as authentically as possible. I have a Watersplash final replica and the detail is absolutely first class, even down to it having padding built in to the shoulders like the original, that's the shirt I still wear to matches.

I am probably overly bothered about this, but I collect the shirts and if they had done these properly they would have sold a few more as Id have had them butters no way Id part any cash for these they are just awful.

The 3(?) they made last year were like these it seems, even cheaper than usual. My mate joked at the time that they were translucent 😅

Sad thing is that plenty of teams, and the RFL, have chosen to align themselves with Oxen. Which in itself speaks volumes about where priorities lie.

• Like 3

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm not a fan of that new stuff but there's some very nice older range stuff that's been discounted 

Are you sure?

This sounds like a new and radical strategy.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I'm not a fan of that new stuff but there's some very nice older range stuff that's been discounted down so might be getting myself a couple of t-shirts. Plus might have to have one of those discounted beanies and mugs as well. Can never have too many mugs. 

I think this may be Oxen's corporate mission statement 

"You can never have too many mugs prepared to buy cheap tat at inflated prices"

Funnily enough, I like it. I don't have an issue with training wear that moves away from standard colours. 

Otherwise it's all a bit samey. If you want something that is red, white or dark blue, you can find it there. 

• Like 4

With regards Oxen and Leeds I understand their strategy is quantity on the replica shirt side as they know there is a core group of fans that will always buy every shirt. And so  it makes business sense to release more, sell at full price and then discount heavily to bring a wider supporter base in. 

But you’d have to think this strategy has a shelf life. What they are doing at Leeds feels extreme and as many have said the quality isn’t even good.

Personally for me I always found ISC to be a really good quality brand.

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

In case you've missed any of the other sales the England top (denoted as the '21 shirt I might add) is on sale for a tenner. 

I have wondered if they don't have a fixed term deal but actually a fixed number of shirts deal. Like they get to make 5 shirts for England and they've decided to rattle through them in 12 months to get out of the contract.

Edited by DI Keith Fowler

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

19 minutes ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

With regards Oxen and Leeds I understand their strategy is quantity on the replica shirt side as they know there is a core group of fans that will always buy every shirt. And so  it makes business sense to release more, sell at full price and then discount heavily to bring a wider supporter base in. 

But you’d have to think this strategy has a shelf life. What they are doing at Leeds feels extreme and as many have said the quality isn’t even good.

Personally for me I always found ISC to be a really good quality brand.

Leeds current home shirt is already on Sale with 30% off - now I know the team aren't doing well so Shirt sales may be down but to reduce them on sale after 6 games is just ridiculous.

I really hope we don't last the full term with Oxen.

Id love Umbro to be involved with RL again their current Football ranges are quality.

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Leeds current home shirt is already on Sale with 30% off - now I know the team aren't doing well so Shirt sales may be down but to reduce them on sale after 6 games is just ridiculous.

I really hope we don't last the full term with Oxen.

Id love Umbro to be involved with RL again their current Football ranges are quality.

Their RU stuff is also pretty good too.

Seems to me that the guys behind EPS have been involved in RL for a while/are well connected in the game, hence them getting the gig. An all too common story in Rugby League.

• Like 1