2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

3 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Their RU stuff is also pretty good too.

Seems to me that the guys behind EPS have been involved in RL for a while/are well connected in the game, hence them getting the gig. An all too common story in Rugby League.

Sorry I just can't believe that. Its not just bad design its the whole template/cut that is wrong and the material is Spanish Market quality.

9 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Sorry I just can't believe that. Its not just bad design its the whole template/cut that is wrong and the material is Spanish Market quality.

I think Tommy meant the Umbro RU stuff - not any Oxen RU stuff.

• Thanks 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

14 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

The Umbro RU stuff is good.

The EPS guys I believe held the UK ISC and Xblades licenses.

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always thought teams should wear a kit based on an heritage design instead of the  rubbish that’s regularly churned out for Magic weekend that has zero relationships to the club and that any first time/casual supporters can identify with.

Agreed

9 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Trinity have in the past, this was a design competition on twitter, I think, pre covid, the pattern is very much south sea Islander and is homage to the Trinity imports from that region past and present (hence why Arona, Lino and Tanginoa are facing it up of the current players. 

On 30/03/2022 at 17:04, Chrispmartha said:

Wtf has Cyan and Black got to with England?

oxen really are shameless they should be no where near anything to do with the National side

It seems Cyan and Black is the flavour of the month where RL is concerned? I'm sure there's 3 or 4 clubs including my own, already using these colours as 'alternative' colours.

Very meh!

3 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Trinity have in the past, this was a design competition on twitter, I think, pre covid, the pattern is very much south sea Islander and is homage to the Trinity imports from that region past and present (hence why Arona, Lino and Tanginoa are facing it up of the current players. 

That’s fair enough but it doesn’t cry out Wakefield Trinity which surely it should on such a bit stage with the far greater exposure it brings,just my opinion of course and as a kit it’s far from the worst I’ve seen.

The Giants official shop has closed, only online orders of a very sparse range, mainly in black or purple via PlayerLayer were available but they soon sold out on their minimal stock, haven't cleared quite a few orders since December and have had lots of furious customers not received their orders or any communication.

It appears that PlayerLayer had stock issues with their overseas suppliers and weren't actually able to get their hands on any stock to sell, but they failed to the communicate this information to the Giants, who were unaware that their supporters were buying stock that didn't exist.

It now appears that PlayerLayer went bust or were taken over recently, so who knows what's happening, but Giants currently have zero merchandise for sale!

Edit; some tacky stuff in grey and black available here http://www.bigdog-giants.com

Edited by meast
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, meast said:

The Giants official shop has closed, only online orders of a very sparse range, mainly in black or purple via PlayerLayer were available but they soon sold out on their minimal stock, haven't cleared quite a few orders since December and have had lots of furious customers not received their orders or any communication.

It appears that PlayerLayer had stock issues with their overseas suppliers and weren't actually able to get their hands on any stock to sell, but they failed to the communicate this information to the Giants, who were unaware that their supporters were buying stock that didn't exist.

It now appears that PlayerLayer went bust or where taken over recently, so who knows what's happening, but Giants currently have zero merchandise for sale!

Jeez that’s shocking on every level,there are NCL clubs with better merchandising departments

Thats surprising from PlayerLayer, as I thought they were one of the small sports brands that actually had a good approach to product.

That scenario does sound completely amateurish.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

I’ve always said magic should really be the retro round. Would give teams the opportunity to rerelease some classic designs from the past. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

I’ve always said magic should really be the retro round. Would give teams the opportunity to rerelease some classic designs from the past. 

Please don’t give oxen any more excuse to release retro tat!

i do agree in principle though, 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Please don’t give oxen any more excuse to release retro tat!

i do agree in principle though, 

If Oxen supplied teams released the kits a fortnight before magic you’d be able to get one at half price beforehand 

19 minutes ago, Scubby said:

I bought a full length bench coat from that range.

WTF was I thinking? I was a teenager

The prices are good nowadays. Might speculatively fill out the form and see what happens. 

• Haha 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

7 hours ago, Davo5 said:

100% this 

• Like 1

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

10 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

FPU5MJwXwAAd-1I?format=jpg&name=large

Pretty awful  imo . Good job the badge is there so i know its Wakey . I agree with the comments about retro / heritage strips

Edited by DavidM