2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

26 minutes ago, jacobus said:

I saw that, but its gone now.

I know the Oxen bashers will be on my case, but the stuff looked really nice. 

Yes - look at the dedicated thread that came up last week - I think I was the only one who liked it - but I think others' issues were not about the look of it at all. 🤣

45 minutes ago, jacobus said:

I saw that, but its gone now.

I know the Oxen bashers will be on my case, but the stuff looked really nice. 

Migrated over to a new site, might be a temporary glitch. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

Saw something on Linkedin earlier from Oxen, which suggested they had delivered some replica kit to Huddersfield. So assume they’ve already produced some new shirts for the team, replacing the current Player Layer kit. Whether it’s different in appearance I do not know.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

2 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Saw something on Linkedin earlier from Oxen, which suggested they had delivered some replica kit to Huddersfield. So assume they’ve already produced some new shirts for the team, replacing the current Player Layer kit. Whether it’s different in appearance I do not know.

I think its the same design but made by Oxen

On 15/05/2022 at 09:58, Tommygilf said:

I wouldn't put it past EPS to bring out another kit for Magic tbh, but yes it is better than the grey blandness.

Looks like you were correct.

Theres a teaser image on SM.

Just the 4 shirts so far this year then.

13 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Speaking of Huddersfield, they've had to play in their away shirt at home twice in a row now.

39 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Speaking of Huddersfield, they've had to play in their away shirt at home twice in a row now.

This is something that bugs me.

All our clubs have established home colours. Everyone knows who they will be playing in the league before designing their kits and what the home colours of all the opposition teams are.

As change kits now seem to be random colours, it is common sense to see which teams your home kit clashes with and design the alternative kit that doesn't clash with their home kits.

This year Leigh (for example) have a primarily white home kit and a light grey away shirt - any kit clash for the home kit will almost certainly have the same problem with the away.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Looks like Ukraine colours to me?

The blue seems a bit light for me but i hope you are right.

I wouldn't mind all the clubs with Ukrainian sister organisations (Leeds, Cas, Huddersfield and Wakefield iirc, maybe York too) playing a sort of benefit round in aid of those clubs and the families around them. Special shirts perhaps even in the style of the Ukrainian clubs, Leeds being Kyiv and Cas being Lviv for the day etc. sort of thing.

6 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

All our clubs have established home colours. Everyone knows who they will be playing in the league before designing their kits and what the home colours of all the opposition teams are.

As change kits now seem to be random colours, it is common sense to see which teams your home kit clashes with and design the alternative kit that doesn't clash with their home kits.

This year Leigh have a primarily white home kit and a light grey away shirt - any kit clash for the home kit will almost certainly have the same problem with the away.

You are quite correct. Away kits traditionally were always completely different than the home one so that there would never be a chance of a clash. It's another area where we never had issues and for some bizarre reason have let these things slide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barley Mow said:

This year Leigh have a primarily white home kit and a light grey away shirt - any kit clash for the home kit will almost certainly have the same problem with the away.

I agree with the general point. I don't really understand Huddersfield yesterday though as TO were playing in their predominantly white away shirt which wouldn't clash with claret and gold.

Leeds had it a few times in 2020 through no fault of our own as we had kits that didn't clash.

The main bug bear I have is when clubs make away shirts that they couldn't use against their own home kit. That is utterly pointless. Hull have had a few examples in recent times (purple or blue away shirts stand out to me). It is fine if you have a third shirt too, but if you're running with 2 kits all year, then they have to be totally different.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I agree with the general point. I don't really understand Huddersfield yesterday though as TO were playing in their predominantly white away shirt which wouldn't clash with claret and gold.

Leeds had it a few times in 2020 through no fault of our own as we had kits that didn't clash.

The main bug bear I have is when clubs make away shirts that they couldn't use against their own home kit. That is utterly pointless. Hull have had a few examples in recent times (purple or blue away shirts stand out to me). It is fine if you have a third shirt too, but if you're running with 2 kits all year, then they have to be totally different.

The RFL/SL should really enforce the rules there are to make sure that doesn't happen.

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

We haven't had to, we've chosen to, simply because we are playing in claret and gold at Tottenham, the home kit needed sprucing up a bit, new patches, mending etc and due to PlayerLayers demise, we've not been able to get replacements for them.

We therefore have held the home strips back to enable them to be ###### and span for the cup final see 🙂

I do agree with the jist though, I hate to see clubs not playing in traditional colours when there's no particular clash but a lot of it is down to sponsorship deals.