2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

28 minutes ago, wilsontown said:

I guess this isn't news but it seems that we've said farewell to Dacia. Do we have any idea why?

We have to assume the deal was up and they walked. It's really disappointing they didn't see the real benefits of the last 2 years. They were meant to be partners for an exciting looking Ashes and World Cup and they have unfortunately limped out of the sport after a fair few years. 

But this is another example of commercial failings in the game. We keep losing sponsors and not replacing them. No Magic Weekend sponsor, no video ref sponsor - we can't just keep relying in Fred to give us an extra few quid to take the rights. 

Super League

Challenge Cup

Championship and L1

England Headline Sponsor

It is risky having them all as the one company. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

We have to assume the deal was up and they walked. It's really disappointing they didn't see the real benefits of the last 2 years. They were meant to be partners for an exciting looking Ashes and World Cup and they have unfortunately limped out of the sport after a fair few years. 

But this is another example of commercial failings in the game. We keep losing sponsors and not replacing them. No Magic Weekend sponsor, no video ref sponsor - we can't just keep relying in Fred to give us an extra few quid to take the rights. 

Super League

Challenge Cup

Championship and L1

England Headline Sponsor

It is risky having them all as the one company. 

Especially one in a business like gambling

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I don’t hate the shirt but the design itself isn’t an England shirt. 

Its a special for the Tonga Aid Appeal I believe.

For me the main issue is that the badge is just in the wrong proportions...

4 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I don’t hate the shirt but the design itself isn’t an England shirt. 

The Tonga motif is there in aid of tsunami relief. £10 from each sale of this shirt and the Combined Nations jerseys will go to the UNICEF Tongan tsunami relief fund. I assume it will only be used for these games.

11 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I know that and I’m fine with it because it’s a good cause. I assume it’ll be a one off as well. 

27 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The badge always seems a little wrong on the england shirt but i think its the badge too.. three seems to be a bit much going on with it. the extra chevron, too much wording etc.. i can see what they are trying to do but for me it doesnt work, i like the training shirt lions head, would love that to take over. 

Shirt wise I quite like the introduction of the navy blue and hope that continues a bit more.. maybe as a second chevron... then we can all move on from GB! 

1 hour ago, RP London said:

The badge always seems a little wrong on the england shirt but i think its the badge too.. three seems to be a bit much going on with it. the extra chevron, too much wording etc.. i can see what they are trying to do but for me it doesnt work, i like the training shirt lions head, would love that to take over. 

Shirt wise I quite like the introduction of the navy blue and hope that continues a bit more.. maybe as a second chevron... then we can all move on from GB! 

Its very RL to redesign a badge to a shield like its 1995 when all and sundry are moving to roundels to be social media friendly...

It has always looked too long and thin for me as a badge.

The lions head works for me though as you say. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I guess this isn't news but it seems that we've said farewell to Dacia. Do we have any idea why?

I'd assume they didn't see much value continuing sponsorship of a brand that plays one every 3 years or so

• Like 2

On 08/06/2022 at 10:13, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I mourn for ISC on a regular basis 😔

I've been going through my shirt collection today, sorting it, putting some into storage and I couldn't help noticing just how beautifully put together some of the ISC ones were. Proper collars, thick cotton build, stitched on sponsors, traditional designs. Really lovely shirts. And then I look at the hummel offering for Hull this year and it is such poor quality in comparison. I quite agree with you, ISC were fantastic shirts. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've been going through my shirt collection today, sorting it, putting some into storage and I couldn't help noticing just how beautifully put together some of the ISC ones were. Proper collars, thick cotton build, stitched on sponsors, traditional designs. Really lovely shirts. And then I look at the hummel offering for Hull this year and it is such poor quality in comparison. I quite agree with you, ISC were fantastic shirts. 

Was not a fan of the Hummel England kit, the fit was all wrong, I still have the shorts and they almost look like a mini skirt the way they fit. 

One of the things that jars with the England kit, with specific reference to the badge - but the large badge on the left breast and then the left side of the shorts looks odd. Many kits have them on alternate sides - or if they are on the same side they are more appropriately sized. 

It looks too much to me, having two full sized badges on the same side of the kit.

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

I've got a Kooga Widnes shirt from about 2006 and everything is stitched, even the big sponsors*. Plus the design itself (piping) is separate material stitched on. It must have cost more than half the sale value of the shirt to make and weighed a metric tonne.

*Kegwatch was a particular favourite as you could feel it across your back constantly such was the commitment to stitching above comfort over style. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

34 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

The marketing director at Renault has moved on.

Very rarely does a new MD keep previous deals going if they are up for renewal.

Simple as that

Paul

That's awfully simplistic and is making excuses. Companies renew all the time, change of marketing people or not. It would be very Rugby League to put the reason down to something like this rather than look at what Dacia received for their sponsorship and not look at the mistakes to improve the offering the next time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

You need to play games

Well aye. But I'd be interested to know what they thought they were getting vs what they got. If they'd stuck around until the world cup they'd have got loads of exposure.