2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Very nice , I do like retro round 

Super League continues to amaze me with ignoring this. I just think how easy a retro round would be to implement, how popular I think it'd be, the easy news stories, coverage and fan engagement it would generate - and what a nice, simple justification for another shirt it would present!

• Like 9

Oxen have also released 4 training jerseys for Huddersfield. As you can imagine, 3 out of the 4 are pretty awful, one is plain and simple. and still pretty awful.

Edit. It's actually 4 training jerseys and a vest.

Screenshot 2022-07-11 at 17.03.59.png

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Davo5 said:

Wow that is a real shocker.

It's for a good cause mate 

Take your jam tinted  glasses off for once

7 hours ago, Spike said:

If it’s for a good cause why not design a shirt someone might actually buy,because even someone from Maryport wouldn’t wear that.

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Wow that is a real shocker.

Its funny but I nearly posted that but I could feel the next post coming if I did... 

10 hours ago, Spike said:

Of course its a good cause, doesnt mean people cant think it doesnt look very nice surely.

• Like 3

On 11/07/2022 at 17:01, EastLondonMike said:

Oxen have also released 4 training jerseys for Huddersfield. As you can imagine, 3 out of the 4 are pretty awful, one is plain and simple. and still pretty awful.

Huddersfield having some merchandise is to be applauded after the PlayerLayer farce!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

DC Cavalry’s new strip 

Depending on the exact fit of that shirt and where the shorts come up to if/when you tuck the shirt in that could look very wrong indeed!

• Haha 2

On 11/07/2022 at 17:01, EastLondonMike said:

I must admit, I like these. 

I do know I'm an outlier, but I'm putting that down to the rest of you here, not me 🤣

To compare to Wires stuff, I find ours really boring - people do like the bright and garish stuff nowadays, particularly for training. Things like the t-shirt on the far left are nice and professional, but are ten a penny. 

Bring on the wacky stuff as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, meast said:

Huddersfield having some merchandise is to be applauded after the PlayerLayer farce!

I disagree slightly. Huddersfield having some decent merchandise is to be applauded. Though I guess it will generate some much needed additional income for the Giants, at least.

Edited by EastLondonMike

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

45 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I must admit, I like these. 

I do know I'm an outlier, but I'm putting that down to the rest of you here, not me 🤣

To compare to Wires stuff, I find ours really boring - people do like the bright and garish stuff nowadays, particularly for training. Things like the t-shirt on the far left are nice and professional, but are ten a penny. 

Bring on the wacky stuff as far as I'm concerned. 

Everyone will like/dislike things for different reasons, and I'm all for the fun and playful approach, I just think such things can be done better than this.

This approach of quantity over quality seems to work for Oxen, as far as we know anyway. And their production model is obviously set up so they can produce many different 'designs' in low quantities allowing them to produce these large product ranges.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, jacobus said:

This forum is going to melt when that launches.. Can't wait, but sadly for all the wrong reasons.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 minute ago, EastLondonMike said:

This forum is going to melt when that launches.. Can't wait, but sadly for all the wrong reasons.

I’d like to think of will be a classy jersey, a simple traditional design. 

2 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Reading the comments in the article, I really hope this is going to be White with a double red V

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I’d like to think of will be a classy jersey, a simple traditional design. 

Thats not what the article says !!! 

England’s new kit, daringly different from the all-white outfits worn in previous World Cups, will be launched on the back of wins for all three teams in their Mid-Season Internationals.  

• Sad 1

Fancy a game of touch in Cambs or Lincs? DM me 

20 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Reading the comments in the article, I really hope this is going to be White with a double red V

Put such thoughts from your mind Tommy. It's going to be a dogs dinner and we all know it.

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

8 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Encouraging that they consulted fans. A 'new direction was needed for the England shirt, while also recognising the traditions of international Rugby League' suggests it may well be a 'V' design.

I suspect it will look very much like a wacky update of the 1995 shirt.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)