2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

10 minutes ago, RP London said:

The bonus is.. it might mean GB us dead.. which would be a good thing!

People want an iconic shirt for england, they want GB back for the shirt.. here you go then. I don't like the shield badge as much as the new lions head but I can live with it.. but this shirt I shirt we should have done back in 2008.. change the name but keep the shirt.

I don’t want GB back for the shirt, it’s much more than that for me.

England just adopting a lion head logo and playing strip from GB is just lazy so I wont be at all surprised if they do it.

22 minutes ago, RP London said:

The bonus is.. it might mean GB us dead.. which would be a good thing!

People want an iconic shirt for england, they want GB back for the shirt.. here you go then. I don't like the shield badge as much as the new lions head but I can live with it.. but this shirt I shirt we should have done back in 2008.. change the name but keep the shirt.

Ah, another negative. Wonderful. 

Great Britain is/was its own brand. Copying that brand (I’m not really sure why - retro perhaps) is lazy and unnecessary, especially when England RL and England RL shirts has had its own brand for some time. I have no problems with them going in a different direction (we’ve seen that with England football and Cricket over the years) but using somebody else’s branding and designs is odd. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Ah, another negative. Wonderful. 

Great Britain is/was its own brand. Copying that brand (I’m not really sure why - retro perhaps) is lazy and unnecessary, especially when England RL and England RL shirts has had its own brand for some time. I have no problems with them going in a different direction (we’ve seen that with England football and Cricket over the years) but using somebody else’s branding and designs is odd. 

I don’t see how I’m negative.. I like the idea of going the way they are. 

England RL has no brand that’s the problem. I’ve bought the shirts but they aren’t a brand they are the type of design companies have made for ages to sell around the football World Cup as supporters shirts. 

for good or ill England/GB was/is interchangeable to our antipodean friends. Live with it and build it, only Wales have a real chance of coming through separately so GB is a dead duck, especially after the last tour. 
have a shirt people recognise and stands out and the GB shirt does just that IMHO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RP London said:

England RL has no brand that’s the problem. I’ve bought the shirts but they aren’t a brand they are the type of design companies have made for ages to sell around the football World Cup as supporters shirts. 

for good or ill England/GB was/is interchangeable to our antipodean friends. Live with it and build it, only Wales have a real chance of coming through separately so GB is a dead duck, especially after the last tour. 
have a shirt people recognise and stands out and the GB shirt does just that IMHO.

You’re not. The death of Great Britain. 

England RL have routinely featured the St George’s Cross on their jerseys, whether people like that or not (seemingly people do). 

Ripping off GB for the Australians is the daftest thing I’ve heard. 

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

ill be happy if it doesn’t have a bloody big St George’s cross on it.

This is my bar for England shirts.

No "How many crosses can we get on it and how big can they be?" approach, please.

• Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

36 minutes ago, RP London said:

If GB is dead, then it’s dead.

Don’t copy its brand for England.

3 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

Can someone post this teaser from the email? Just out of curiosity.

https://manage.kmail-lists.com/subscriptions/web-view?a=Krtk8m&c=01FFMX9529PHH5BXCWW369N9Z3&k=a395a8e2af3ecb6070506b8f75396a1e&m=WKtf2w&r=SRxSFdh

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

4 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

They should never have split GB for the 1995 World Cup.

Mate, you are one of about three dozen people who pine for the GB team. Give it up, it's dead.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

3 hours ago, Jughead said:

You’re not. The death of Great Britain. 

England RL have routinely featured the St George’s Cross on their jerseys, whether people like that or not (seemingly people do). 

Ripping off GB for the Australians is the daftest thing I’ve heard. 

My point on the English shirt is not whether people like it or not, as I say I've bought them, don't mind them. My point is there is no brand to build on it as they don't stand out as an RL shirt they are a supporters cheap shirt.. 

I'm not saying you rip it off for the aussies either.. just saying GB or England is interchangeable to them. 

Also my point is that you're not ripping GB off, we should, from the start, just have changed the team to England but kept everything else the same, so to go back to it I don't have an issue... 

The shirt is instantly recognisable as an RL shirt which will help when we are looking to build the visuals of RL and commercial value IMHO

Edited by RP London

5 minutes ago, RP London said:

My point on the English shirt is not whether people like it or not, as I say I've bought them, don't mind them. My point is there is no brand to build on it as they don't stand out as an RL shirt they are a supporters cheap shirt.. 

I'm not saying you rip it off for the aussies either.. just saying GB or England is interchangeable to them. 

Also my point is that you're not ripping GB off, we should, from the start, just have changed the team to England but kept everything else the same, so to go back to it I don't have an issue... 

The shirt is instantly recognisable as an RL shirt which will help when we are looking to build the visuals of RL and commercial value IMHO

I don’t get the “it’s not a rugby league shirt”. It is. The branding says say and the designs for England RL shirts have, mostly, had the St George’s Cross incorporated into them. Whether people know the branding, I think is another issue regarding games and coverage but that’s been done to death elsewhere. 

You are ripping off Great Britain. Using designs synonymous with Great Britain sides and shirts they’ve worn in the past is exactly that. 

I also don’t think we need to be doing something that is synonymous to Rugby League and just plonking a V on it because, y’know, it’s rugby league, we all have V’s on our shirts and I say that as someone whose club plays in a V. If we wanted to be “daringly different” then be daringly different, don’t rip off Great Britain and don’t just do the very basics in design and go with a V. I suppose we can’t ask for much because it’s Oxen but it’s really disappointing if England have just rehashed a design from 25+ years ago and are trying to claim it as a new identity or something of their own. 

The St George's cross design is a cheap quick design for a team that it seems has been on the verge of being closed down by the RFL in favour of GB ever since its re-emergence in 1995.

The only time it has looked decent is in 2011 ish when the paint stripe design was introduced and the cross was dropped altogether from 2013 onwards. Incidentally that has been the period the RFL seemed most committed to England as the main national team.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gingerjon said:

Thanks. From those pics you can see the thick and thin chevron. Very much like the GB shirt.

Nothing exciting at all there. Usual oxen quality.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/england-set-to-release-intriguing-new-shirt-for-rugby-league-world-cup-this-week-56501/

"The jersey curiously seems to include a lot of blue which is rare for England shirts which usually stick to red and white with blue being associated with Great Britain instead."

spacer.png

Edited by Henson Park Old Firm

Happy enough with blue, I prefer it to red and it’s in line with what England wear in other sports.

Other than that I’ll wait until I can see the full thing before slagging it off. I’d be happy enough with a GB looking shirt, can’t be worse than the last effort which was just the England flag.

Edited by The One
  • Like 1

If the England kit for the world cup is to be primarily white and blue (with some red), it suggests that the practicalities haven't been thought through.

England's group contains Samoa, France and Greece who all have blue and white kits. From that point of view we'd be better sticking with red being more prominent than blue.

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/60556/england-rugby-league-to-launch-new-playing-kit

From the article:

"In addition, any fans who bought last year’s England shirt at full price will be able to buy the new shirt at 50% off and will receive an email from the RFL with details on how to redeem the offer."

Oxen have surpassed themselves! Discount code before the shirt is even released! 😂

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

If the England kit for the world cup is to be primarily white and blue (with some red), it suggests that the practicalities haven't been thought through.

England's group contains Samoa, France and Greece who all have blue and white kits. From that point of view we'd be better sticking with red being more prominent than blue.

You think Oxen can't rush release an away shirt?