2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

3 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

If the England kit for the world cup is to be primarily white and blue (with some red), it suggests that the practicalities haven't been thought through.

England's group contains Samoa, France and Greece who all have blue and white kits. From that point of view we'd be better sticking with red being more prominent than blue.

I'm not sure about Greece but aren't those all primarily blue though whereas while England's will have bits of blue it will be primarily white? Can't see it being a problem. 

Edited by The Hallucinating Goose
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Barley Mow said:

If the England kit for the world cup is to be primarily white and blue (with some red), it suggests that the practicalities haven't been thought through.

England's group contains Samoa, France and Greece who all have blue and white kits. From that point of view we'd be better sticking with red being more prominent than blue.

I would imagine Oxen have purposely gone for a clash, excuse for multiple kits to be released.

• Haha 1

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/08/2022 at 14:36, Futtocks said:

I couldn't resist buying one (long sleeve version)! It arrived today.

While I am currently wearing it (and it is very comfortable), it will be coming off soon and hung up, ready for cooler weather because it's pretty warm.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

4 hours ago, wilsontown said:

I have to say that if you had a shirt like that, why would you bother with anything else? That's mint and I don't even like Wigan.

Can't wait 'til the weather gets cooler! :kolobok_biggrin:  With the heatwave, it'll be a while before I wear it often enough to put it in the washing machine, so that's one aspect I haven't tested yet. Hoping the colours don't run. The size chart on their website seems okay - I needed a 50" chest size and the one I got feels pretty much right.

As it is, I have it hanging up in full (gorgeous) view. Seriously - every time I look at it, I grin.

There used to be a company called Retro Rugby which did some great RL classics (I recall some awesome Fev shirts and vintage Lions ones too), but I couldn't quite justify the cost back then and they seem to have folded.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Can't wait 'til the weather gets cooler! :kolobok_biggrin:  With the heatwave, it'll be a while before I wear it often enough to put it in the washing machine, so that's one aspect I haven't tested yet. Hoping the colours don't run. The size chart on their website seems okay - I needed a 50" chest size and the one I got feels pretty much right.

As it is, I have it hanging up in full (gorgeous) view. Seriously - every time I look at it, I grin.

There used to be a company called Retro Rugby which did some great RL classics (I recall some awesome Fev shirts and vintage Lions ones too), but I couldn't quite justify the cost back then and they seem to have folded.

Have a look at ellisrugby.com

owned by Kevin Ellis I think they do some quality gear

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Ive read that a few times and still can’t figure out what it means?

Ellis & Rugby  you see it's a connection of the name Ellis to the term rugby  ... never mind.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I love the Jamaica and nigeria shirts but it did leave me wondering why we always seem to be loaded with England wear that is so subdued and pedestrian by comparison?

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political