2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

32 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I do understand some of the criticisms, however as an England fan it hasn't been unusual to go onto the merch shop and not be able to buy anything. Even with better brands the shop has been bare. 

I think they are unfairly judged and are actually being judged harshly because of some of the Leeds tat. 

As fans we have a choice of four ranges of leisure/training wear, which I personally like - apart from the armed forces range, the quality of the goodies I have is very good, I think it was RP who said the new shirt was decent quality too. 

If you go back in this thread, every time they release something the same lazy criticisms are rolled out, with comments about new ranges every week and them being put into the bargain bins on sale - however, Oxen haven't done that for England, currently all four ranges are on sale at full price - so we have a choice of around 20 England items, all at full price. 

We don't need to go round the design piece again, that is often down to taste, but much of the criticism is literally for stuff that they are not doing. People are making things up. 

They’re not ‘lazy criticisms’ they are based on what they have done previously.

Yes the current range is not on sale - for now, but it will be.

Its their business model.

Youre happy with your purchases, that’s perfectly fine and it’s each to their own, as I say I can’t get anything in my size so I’m not going to be able to find out what it’s like. I have had a good look at the shirt and it’s just the same quality as any of the club replica shirts which as I say in my opinion, isn’t very good, I don’t know if they’ll release player issue shirts but they are far better, they use a few different textures of material and the fit and finish is better than the polyester t shirts that the replica shirts seem to be. They are however very tight fitting so no good for anyone that needs a larger size.

• Like 1

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

They’re not ‘lazy criticisms’ they are based on what they have done previously.

Yes the current range is not on sale - for now, but it will be.

Its their business model.

Youre happy with your purchases, that’s perfectly fine and it’s each to their own, as I say I can’t get anything in my size so I’m not going to be able to find out what it’s like. I have had a good look at the shirt and it’s just the same quality as any of the club replica shirts which as I say in my opinion, isn’t very good, I don’t know if they’ll release player issue shirts but they are far better, they use a few different textures of material and the fit and finish is better than the polyester t shirts that the replica shirts seem to be. They are however very tight fitting so no good for anyone that needs a larger size.

People making things up saying there will be a new release every month and the newly launched stuff will then be on sale is absolutely lazy criticism. It just isn't true. 

If the criticism is that at some stage mwrch will go on sale, well, do people live in bubbles? Of course sales will be used. 

55 minutes ago, Dave T said:

People making things up saying there will be a new release every month and the newly launched stuff will then be on sale is absolutely lazy criticism. It just isn't true. 

If the criticism is that at some stage mwrch will go on sale, well, do people live in bubbles? Of course sales will be used. 

How many training kit releases have we had for England this year?

more than the amount of games i reckon 😉

People are saying there will be nee releases every month because that is pretty much what they have done for the clubs, they have a reputation for it so that reputation will stick - ues it’s probably over stated but it’s not without basis.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave T said:

I do understand some of the criticisms, however as an England fan it hasn't been unusual to go onto the merch shop and not be able to buy anything. Even with better brands the shop has been bare. 

I think they are unfairly judged and are actually being judged harshly because of some of the Leeds tat. 

As fans we have a choice of four ranges of leisure/training wear, which I personally like - apart from the armed forces range, the quality of the goodies I have is very good, I think it was RP who said the new shirt was decent quality too. 

If you go back in this thread, every time they release something the same lazy criticisms are rolled out, with comments about new ranges every week and them being put into the bargain bins on sale - however, Oxen haven't done that for England, currently all four ranges are on sale at full price - so we have a choice of around 20 England items, all at full price. 

We don't need to go round the design piece again, that is often down to taste, but much of the criticism is literally for stuff that they are not doing. People are making things up. 

Sorry Dave - I disagree. They deserve all the criticism they get imo. Fair enough they haven't gone to the same extent with England as they have Leeds, but they will given half a chance. 

2 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Sorry Dave - I disagree. They deserve all the criticism they get imo. Fair enough they haven't gone to the same extent with England as they have Leeds, but they will given half a chance. 

So criticise them when they do that. 

Tbh, most fans have little experience of Oxen, the agenda here on this is being rather led by a section unhappy Leeds fans. My experience of Oxen has been positive and the variety of options is far better than the ranges that have been on offer by previous providers. 

Personally, I find the standard blue polo t shirt with the England badge on boring, I like the Cyan range for example. I do remember the controversy over that light blue - I wonder if they were testing the water for what was to come 🤣

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

In fairness to Dave his club aren’t with Oxen so won’t see the weekly sales and new range emails etc.

Aye, see my last post - this is sort of my point, it seems to be Leeds fans unhappy, most of us have little experience of them, and the England experience appears to be very different to the Leeds one. 

Now if Wire sign up with Oxen, we can revisit my posts 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Tbh, most fans have little experience of Oxen, the agenda here on this is being rather led by a section unhappy Leeds fans. My experience of Oxen has been positive and the variety of options is far better than the ranges that have been on offer by previous providers. 

Personally, I find the standard blue polo t shirt with the England badge on boring, I like the Cyan range for example. I do remember the controversy over that light blue - I wonder if they were testing the water for what was to come 🤣

Agree, I’ve got two Oxen jerseys (a small sample admittedly) and they’re both good quality and fit well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'll be sure to...because they will do it. Away kit launch will entitle them to 3 more ranges I reckon and I get the whole 'nobody is forcing you to buy it' chat, but for me that isn't want I want from a kit supplier - it cheapens things (even if not literally at the moment) and screams money grab. 

I do recognise however this is an 'each to their own' kind of topic and i'm certainly not against Oxen if they prove themselves to be popular in taking this approach. As others have said though, for all their propaganda about sales, certainly when it comes to Leeds I see noticeably less people going round the city in Oxen gear than I ever did with ISC  - even in those woeful last few seasons with them. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

I'll be sure to...because they will do it. Away kit launch will entitle them to 3 more ranges I reckon and I get the whole 'nobody is forcing you to buy it' chat, but for me that isn't want I want from a kit supplier - it cheapens things (even if not literally at the moment) and screams money grab. 

I do recognise however this is an 'each to their own' kind of topic and i'm certainly not against Oxen if they prove themselves to be popular in taking this approach. As others have said though, for all their propaganda about sales, certainly when it comes to Leeds I see noticeably less people going round the city in Oxen gear than I ever did with ISC  - even in those woeful last few seasons with them. 

I think I'm just a bit bored of the standard England stuff and quite like the fact there is a bit of variety for a change. 

I also find the Wire stuff a bit boring, although relatively classy from O'Neill's. But it's all a bit uninspiring, so I quite like new launches every couple of months. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

I will give Oxen praise for the Rob Burrow Magic shirt, it was a terrific idea and it has been massively popular with the fans.

Now if only they made one to fit me 😉

To counter that, whilst I have defended them against much criticism here, I can't do so for the Clive Sullivan monstrosity of a shirt!!! 

Just now, Dave T said:

To counter that, whilst I have defended them against much criticism here, I can't do so for the Clive Sullivan monstrosity of a shirt!!! 

That is an abomination, their NRL and retro ranges are really poor quality aswell.

To put the releases in context Dave I think leeds have had around 8 training range launches, 4 playing shirts, and 4 retro shirts launched so far this season.

There is a sale every week.

Its simply too much and not great for the environment either.

And again my personal grievance is that even if I liked any of it I can’t get it in my size - A problem i have never had some since collecting RL jerseys.

I get your point about it not happening for England but we have had 3 shirt launches and various training ranges released within a year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave T said:

I definitely said that... I have quite a few oxen things as they do eagles too.. i do like their stuff and I will get more of it as and when I need more gym stuff etc.. can't fault the sizing or the quality to be honest. Quite like some designs, don't like others but that's taste for you.. same with every company IMHO. 

Had issues around sizing with some of the companies people want us to use. I have seen designs by other companies for other teams and they have designs you like and don't like. 

• Like 1

On 12/08/2022 at 00:24, Dave T said:

Do you think Oxen have done anything positive, or released anything designed well, or of a decent quality, ever? 

The reason I ask, is that as a normal punter, I now have two good quality and nicely designed England RL Hoodie, and there are plenty more things on the shop that I'd be happy to wear at the gym or round the pool on holiday. 

Your posting history on Oxen is quite extreme imho. 

I like the stuff they’ve done for Widnes. Leeds fans seem to have a bit of beef with them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spidey said:

I like the stuff they’ve done for Widnes. Leeds fans seem to have a bit of beef with them

I get the sense that because they actually run the Leeds merchandising (and England too) rather than just supply it, there is a difference.

• Like 1