Next up: Widnes at home

AB Knight

Huge game on Sunday. Widnes are hit and miss, a bit like ourselves although I hope our improved performance at Wembley and then the good win against Swinton has given us some confidence and belief.

I’m still confused about the table and points percentages, if I understand correctly win on Sunday and results go our way we can go up to 8th - nothing to write home about but suddenly we can start looking up the table.

Not sure where we are with injuries and isolating. I was really happy with the performance of the 17 against Swinton, I wouldn’t change too much.

Last of all I know it’s not the Knights doing but if I’ve worked it out right it’s the 9th game at the LNER with spectators (6 for YCK, 3 for YCFC), I really hope things run smoother and no more reports of people heading home because of the queues. Those running the stadium have to get it right as we soon welcome Bradford Bulls here.

Bradford are going well this season with the playoffs virtually nailed on so expecting a very good away following , first time the stadium will have seen 3000+ so yes things have got to run like clockwork to gain credibility moving forward.😀😀😀

Really looking forward to the game on Sunday. I still consider Widnes to be a big club and it would be great if they bring a good following to create a great atmosphere. I expect a close match but feel the Knights will win by 12.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

widnes are the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the championship against US  in the semi they were really up for it and we had to dig deep and won 24-18 but in league game at widnes they did nowt and without really trying we had a comfortable 32-10 win  so who turns up at the LNER is any ones guess

20 hours ago, POR said:

widnes are the Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde of the championship against US  in the semi they were really up for it and we had to dig deep and won 24-18 but in league game at widnes they did nowt and without really trying we had a comfortable 32-10 win  so who turns up at the LNER is any ones guess

At home against Batley last week they were doing really well then stopped for a cup of tea , Batley shunned the tea and won the game , serious head on they were winning the game and a 50/50 decision went against them and they lost their way......and the game. Not the first time this has happened this season.

16 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

More likely Johnson and Marsh at half-back. Is BOH actually fit? Riley Dean now at Dewsbury so we won’t be seeing him again, ever. Certainly not as long as Ford is in charge of the Knights. Which might be for a while longer yet.... 

spill. What have you heard

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Tough game again it all depends which Widnes turn up. I think it will be Marsh and Johnson at half back luckily we have more options there now. In the outside backs I can’t see who you drop both centres and wingers played well against Swinton and the lad from Huddersfield at full back. 

Good to see Mcdonell back I thought he looked really good in his last spell it gives us pace in the back row will be interesting to see what the pack will be.

Im hoping for a win and build on the win against Swinton hopefully our squad is more settled now and we can kick on for the rest of the season.

1 hour ago, spanishknight said:

Game day, it's a wet one a good kicking game needed today.

It never rains on me 😇

Need a good kicking game and a good start just like the last match.

Great game, great result. Even if we'd have lost I'd have enjoyed the match as it was probably the most enjoyable game I've seen this season. Even when we were behind I still thought we looked the better team as Widnes' tries all seemed to come off a lucky bounce or decision.

O'Hagan was outstanding today, the lad is absolute class and makes it look effortless and I've no doubt had he been fit all year we'd have been comfortably sat in the play-off positions. Tyme Dow-Nikau was immense as well, great in defence and attack and took his tries well. Referee was abysmal, off sides and forward passes missed, penalties for nothing, poor positioning and struggled to keep up with the game, a really poor performance from him and the 6 again rule and lack of scrums seems to be causing the referees as much problems as the players.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Great win. We look a different side compared to a month ago. Granted we are still a long way off been a complete package but let’s give credit where it is due. 
Lot better in defence and with two half backs on the pitch to dictate us around the pitch and some good lines been run by the pack we looked more potent in attack. The two Leeds lads have really given us a spark and McDonnell really caught the eye with his runs on the fridges. 

Big shoutouts to Sam Scott who was massive, Kriss Brining who speeded things up in his first spell and Tim Spears for his leadership. 

Really enjoyed the game. Was a good team performance and a deserved victory. 

Was sat with the Widnes fans one of which said we were hopeless and with the wind second half that they (Widnes) would put 50 on us. His mate responded with fairness that, the Chemics only play for 40 minutes so we would come away with the points if they played to type…and they did. 

Well played lads, big credit for a much improved performance. Credit to Fordy and the coaching staff too. 

Tough game next week at Fev but we do look a better side so hopefully we can give them a game. 

"Don't Waste Words, Jump to Conclusions"

Millican Dalton...1867-1947

A really impressive win, thought we were unlucky to go in 20-12 at half time but that second half was really well managed. 

Nikau looks a better player since his return from North Wales, O’Hagan played like the guy who controlled the game in that first match of the season against Sheffield and our forwards stepped up.

Doesn’t look like we give crowds our nowadays, so I’ll go with 1650.

I totally accept as a team we’ll concede penalties, we’ll make infringements and have poor discipline at times....I just wish referees were clear with their signalling, I’m fed up of looking at referees wondering why we’ve been penalised. 

Archived