Next up: Widnes at home

AB Knight

Great win today I thought Teanby was really impressive ran the ball hard and deserved his try and it’s nice to see the three young players from Leeds and Wigan play well they looked like they wanted to be there and put a shift in, I think both the Leeds lads have big futures in the game.

Nikau has come back a better player he is not so reckless in the defensive line he used to rush up he’s far more composed now but still committed.

The ref today was garbage not looking at the play the ball, Lawton for Widnes I don’t think got back onside once in the defensive line from the performance today by the ref I would put money on it that it was coolie reffing the game 😂 but to be fair to coolie I think he would have done a better job.

Overall another step in the right direction big test next week but hopefully we can improve again and keep putting the effort in.

Agree with most of what’s been said. Still not convinced about o Hagen. Sam Scott got us on the front foot and teanby had some big carries. As for the ref he only started pinging offsides after about an hour when in fact it had been happening since the 1st minute. As for the on report offence. How can you award a penalty for something you haven’t  seen

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Great second half performance didn't look like conceding at all in the second half,a lot of great individual performances and look more of a threat out wide with the players in the team at the moment than all season,big test next week ,but with the same attitude we can go to Featherstone and give them a game

That second half was the best we’ve played all season. Great to see us nilling a team in a half. Just echo what others have said about the loan players, Dow-Nikau and Scott. Wasn’t it great to see off-loads and runners actually backing up breaks? It was like a light was switched on at half-time and a lot of players remembered they are actually good RL players. 

21 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Still not convinced about o Hagen. 

Other than the Halifax game when he was clearly playing on one leg, he’s been MOM every time he’s played. First game for about 3 months, had a hand in everything today, orchestrated the pace of the game, scored a hat-trick, put some decent tackles in and came of unscathed from a fairly long term injury. And he’s our player not a loan. Other than buying you a couple of beers after the match and giving you a lift home I’m not sure what more he could have done tbh.  

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

14 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Other than the Halifax game when he was clearly playing on one leg, he’s been MOM every time he’s played. First game for about 3 months, had a hand in everything today, orchestrated the pace of the game, scored a hat-trick, put some decent tackles in and came of unscathed from a fairly long term injury. And he’s our player not a loan. Other than buying you a couple of beers after the match and giving you a lift home I’m not sure what more he could have done tbh.  

Your entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Thought he had a decent game today but wasn’t man of the match for me

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I thought O'Hagan got better as the game went on. Marsh seemed to be looking after him as playmaker in the first half, but if he can stay fit, he will be outstanding. O'Connell had a massive game today, but in my opinion, the game swung our way when the teams ran out for the second half. Tim Spears led them out, and he cajoled and encouraged them like the leader he is, and the response was immediate.

As for the referee, had the game been at Clarence Street, there would not have been a cushion left in the main stand when he walked off.

Speaking of a lift home, after waiting 15mins at the park and ride for a bus (I’ve never liked waiting) we decided to walk it, only took us 40mins to get back to Stonebow at a relaxed pace. 

You could see ohagan was not match fit he eased himself into the game and defended wide towards the wing I think he was apprehensive about his thigh but hopefully his injury concerns are behind him must have been very hard to come over with covid and get injured early season and spend so much time out so fair play to him for coming back and playing so well.

Talking of the ref today this six again rule is a complete farce it offers no advantage to the attacking team a high percentage of six agains are at awarded on either the zero or first tackle so there’s no benefit at all to the attacking team what’s the point?

We've seen the rest , but that was the best , great performance from B O H showed what we've been missing , totally different style from Mikey but it certainly works , hopefully we can see more of him next season pairing up with Morgan smith , second half we really clicked and with stocky and kieron back were not far off .😀😀😀

Tyme Dow-Nikau was superb as well, great defensively and two well worked tries, would have put his winger away for one as well had Perry got his positioning right.  One of the best performances by a centre for us this year, should be his position to lose now. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

11 hours ago, Roger York said:

Talking of the ref today this six again rule is a complete farce it offers no advantage to the attacking team a high percentage of six agains are at awarded on either the zero or first tackle so there’s no benefit at all to the attacking team what’s the point?

I like the six again rule overall but you have definitely identified the weak point. If the attacking team wins the collision on the first or second tackle it can be beneficial for defending teams to deliberately delay the PTB and accept a tackle count restart whilst they reset the defence.

Defending teams have learned to be a bit more wary of holding on late in the tackle count and I also think refs seem a bit reluctant to do a set restart on the 4th or 5th tackle.

That said - it's such a difficult rule to police and the old rule in which a penalty was awarded not only interrupted the flow of the game, it also turned some very tight judgement calls from the ref into game changers on occasions.

Overall I prefer the six-again rule to the old penalty rule but can understand why people find it frustrating. I think we just have to accept that the ruck area is very difficult for the ref to police these days.

14 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I thought O'Hagan got better as the game went on. Marsh seemed to be looking after him as playmaker in the first half, but if he can stay fit, he will be outstanding. O'Connell had a massive game today, but in my opinion, the game swung our way when the teams ran out for the second half. Tim Spears led them out, and he cajoled and encouraged them like the leader he is, and the response was immediate.

As for the referee, had the game been at Clarence Street, there would not have been a cushion left in the main stand when he walked off.

Agree with all of that HK. It was very apparent in the first quarter that Brendan was quite tentative, running himself in so to speak and letting Matty look after the kicking. Very understandable after three months out with a couple of injuries plus covid. It was plain to see that as the game progressed and his body held up that he grew in confidence. Clarkson took a bad knock in the first half and looked winded so Tim led the team at the start of the second half, what more can we say about him, he's been pure gold for the Knights. And yes, l can just picture yesterday's ref fending off the cushions at Clarence Street. I didn't necessarily disagree with all his decisions, but he was so annoyingly inconsistent, for example penalising the Knights for offside when Widnes had been doing it for ages. I think all fans want is a ref who is consistent for both teams.

Well done everyone yesterday, there were a few man of the match contenders which always bodes well.

20 hours ago, AB Knight said:

A really impressive win, thought we were unlucky to go in 20-12 at half time but that second half was really well managed. 

Nikau looks a better player since his return from North Wales, O’Hagan played like the guy who controlled the game in that first match of the season against Sheffield and our forwards stepped up.

Doesn’t look like we give crowds our nowadays, so I’ll go with 1650.

I totally accept as a team we’ll concede penalties, we’ll make infringements and have poor discipline at times....I just wish referees were clear with their signalling, I’m fed up of looking at referees wondering why we’ve been penalised. 

😄 You should sit where I am and try to work out what the hell the flying arms in all directions mean!

Archived