Re-structure proposals

Jimmy DoNut

I had a dream last night. In it we were still in the Championship next year. A fairy godmother waved her wand and instructed the RFL to do away with Championship relegation this season as they are proposing to do in Super League. She said that because Featherstone & Toulouse will be in the expanded SL next year, its only right that the Championship should keep the same number of clubs as this year. So, she said, Oldham and Swinton should be spared and two clubs promoted from League 1 to replace Fev & Toulouse. 

Then I woke up!

49 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

I had a dream last night. In it we were still in the Championship next year. A fairy godmother waved her wand and instructed the RFL to do away with Championship relegation this season as they are proposing to do in Super League. She said that because Featherstone & Toulouse will be in the expanded SL next year, its only right that the Championship should keep the same number of clubs as this year. So, she said, Oldham and Swinton should be spared and two clubs promoted from League 1 to replace Fev & Toulouse. 

Then I woke up!

The proposal, so far, is that the Championship will only have 12 clubs next season. I would have another snooze if I were you.

😉

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

The proposal, so far, is that the Championship will only have 12 clubs next season. I would have another snooze if I were you.

😉

So under these proposals,what exactly are the clubs in League One playing for next season?

59 minutes ago, duffymoon said:

So under these proposals,what exactly are the clubs in League One playing for next season?

From what can gather is that next season there will be 14 superleague teams, 12 championship teams and 10 league one teams. Then at the end of next season the bottom 4 teams of SL will then form SL2 with top six of the championship. So there will be ten teams in SL1 and ten in SL2. The rest will be in the championship or whatever name they come up with. With the possibility that some teams in the third tier will be ditched.

2 hours ago, duffymoon said:

You are asking the wrong person, sorry.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 minutes ago, thecrab said:

We'll be in championship next season,no relegation this season all round, toulouse n fev go up, only couple of SL clubs against it, jobs a good un 👍

There will be P&R between C1 and the Championship I reckon. Why shouldn't there be?

4 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

Guess we'll have to rely on catching Dewsbury then Johnny boy !

Yep.

19 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

What will be will be. 

The future's not ours to see.

3 hours ago, clifford said:

Very true moorside Very true

I think we've talked rugby league to death over the last few months. The only thing we can hope for is that we still have a club to support after all the changes. It'll all come out in the wash. 

i have viewed the accounts of 10 champ clulbs and apart from batley and fetherstone they are all insolvant.

batley fixed assetts £2.232.097 creditors £122,885

featherstone fixed assetts £1.487.888 creditors £862.313.

bradford fixed assetts £30.062. creditors £1.097.971

york fixed assetts £40.617 creditors £9.961.014

newcastle fixed assetts £4.828 creditors£1.430.476.

i could carry on but what is going on?

24 minutes ago, tandle said:

i have viewed the accounts of 10 champ clulbs and apart from batley and fetherstone they are all insolvant.

All knackered. 

18 hours ago, tandle said:

That is not insolvency but simply an extract from balance sheets. All will be going concerns and able to pay their costs as they accrue. Most creditors consist of directors' loans which are very rarely called in.

This is not to say that any of our clubs are in a healthy financial state.

(BTW can you give us the same analysis for Man Utd for example?)

manchester utd have assetts of billions, glaziers are billionaires

the   rugby league championship is in a financial mess,and if their funding is cut they will need more backing from directors and supporters  in this terrible time for businesses  and people, how long will they keep propping these clubs up.

look at the gates since they reopened their stadiums rugby league is a disaster waiting to happen.

On 03/08/2021 at 20:54, tandle said:

A lot of those debts will be directors loans.

And has been suggested these loans are generally not called in,not that the clubs could ever afford to pay them back.

Now if the creditors are say HMRC then there is a big problem.

But if say a director at any club decides to put in say £1m then to my knowledge it is put down as a debt for the benefit of the balance sheet.I assume that this has something to do with tax,an accountant would no doubt know the answer to that one.

The RFL don't have much money.
Super League don't have much money.

The rest have even less money.  

Thats the nub of the problem.  

(and yes super league have more money than the rest, but compared to other sports they are on a shoe string).

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 02/08/2021 at 18:19, shrewsbury roughyed said:

For the majority it’s to finish in high enough a position and a sufficient financial state to attract god enough players to push for the higher league the following year- feels like an all or nothing push. 

Dont think there will be any promotion in 2022

Archived