Fev away.

spanishknight

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AB Knight said:

I think we are unlucky to be going in behind. O’Hagan is taking a lot of late hits, elbows to the face when he’s on the floor (Ferres).

Off the pitch....York fans, we have a lovely big stand behind the sticks all to ourselves, it’s got a roof it’s great for creating an atmosphere and we are attacking this way 2nd half. So I don’t get why most of us are stood the opposite side on the 20 line?!

York gave as good as they got , i wouldn't say it was a dirty game. The tackle by Chisholm  deserved the yellow card and total respect to the York lad for not making a meal of it which could have resulted in a red card. Luckily he got straight up and on with the game.

Ferres was lucky not to get a card for his elbow in the tackle in the first half., he could still be in trouble from the review panel. In my opinion he is a liability in an outstanding Rovers side. In the second half, they had too much speed for the Knights.

In fairness to the Knights, they never gave up, and had only 11 fit players for the last half hour. O'Hagan, Brining, Spears and Cuthbertson were off the pitch, and Marsh and Johnson were playing on one leg apiece. 

Marsh played out of his skin tonight. Loved the "grunt" of Scott and young Ronan too. Will be sad to see these two leave at the end of the season. Teanby gave a great account of himself once again. Chissy and Parata showed what we need to improve upon. Sad to see Brining injured once more. Fingers crossed. Whitehaven will be a force to be reckoned with; stroll on next week.

17 minutes ago, Nearenough said:

1st half ok, final fev try of the 1st half v dubious but with that ref anythings possible

2nd half we ran out of players, we missed brinning big style, shows how vital he is to this team.

edge defence still a joke

hey ho

Like the one at wembley🤣

1 hour ago, Nearenough said:

1st half ok, final fev try of the 1st half v dubious but with that ref anythings possible

Yes.... it looked dubious. As did a few other decisions yesterday. We said it would prob have been wiped if telly scrutiny was available.

However, I was sat towards the back of the family stand. The ref was ideally placed to make a decision. I'll go with it... as I went with other decisions yesterday.

Oft, when the tension of matchday is over, and a much more objective opinion can be given after scrutiny of the match vid, I have oft found that the ref's judgement is much better than I had previously given him credit for.

52 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like Tim Spears could have played his last game for us and maybe his last game ever, he broke his ribs in yesterday's game and with only a few games to go this season, can't see him playing again.

Been fantastic for fev and the knights , time to hang up the boot's and go out at the top , thanks Tim , great advert to any youngsters interested in playing the game .😀😀😀

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Been fantastic for fev and the knights , time to hang up the boot's and go out at the top , thanks Tim , great advert to any youngsters interested in playing the game .😀😀😀

Arguably the Knights best ever signing, certainly in recent years. Has been so influential in the club's rise. Thanks for everything Tim, especially at the club's awards dinner at the Knavesmire a couple of years ago when Harry Gration couldn't get a word in! 

27 minutes ago, Peter G. said:

Arguably the Knights best ever signing, certainly in recent years. Has been so influential in the club's rise. Thanks for everything Tim, especially at the club's awards dinner at the Knavesmire a couple of years ago when Harry Gration couldn't get a word in! 

Very fair and a very articulate speaker.

I wasn’t aware so many were playing injured in the second half. The try right on half time was a killer blow, I was in the ‘Scarborough stand’ about 10 rows back and he looked to have caught and grounded it. I’d have to see a replay.

Fev are a good team though, a few defensive frailties which is why in my opinion Toulouse will go up but you cannot fault how Fev are going this season.

It’s also hard not to feel a teeny bit jealous of the setup at Fev - their own ground with all the revenue going to the club, no faffing about with ticket problems, you can walk right the way round too. There’s lots of fanzones with wide open spaces and benches etc (IMO a B+Q loading bay covered in bird doo doo with a single outlet selling drinks is not a fanzone). They have their own club songs played over the PA, the PA announcer really gets the fans going, the noisy lot group together and create a racket. I know we had a guy here at York who was trying to group fans together but he seems to have lost interest which is a shame. There’s a lot for us to improve on, on and off the pitch.

25 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I wasn’t aware so many were playing injured in the second half. The try right on half time was a killer blow, I was in the ‘Scarborough stand’ about 10 rows back and he looked to have caught and grounded it. I’d have to see a replay.

Fev are a good team though, a few defensive frailties which is why in my opinion Toulouse will go up but you cannot fault how Fev are going this season.

It’s also hard not to feel a teeny bit jealous of the setup at Fev - their own ground with all the revenue going to the club, no faffing about with ticket problems, you can walk right the way round too. There’s lots of fanzones with wide open spaces and benches etc (IMO a B+Q loading bay covered in bird doo doo with a single outlet selling drinks is not a fanzone). They have their own club songs played over the PA, the PA announcer really gets the fans going, the noisy lot group together and create a racket. I know we had a guy here at York who was trying to group fans together but he seems to have lost interest which is a shame. There’s a lot for us to improve on, on and off the pitch.

A very welcome post. Don't run though before you can walk. It's early stages in your new home. It's coincided with a drop in form. You got the capability of attracting those vibrant supporters back that you had when you were first promoted. Fevs improvements have been made gradual by hard working volunteers and a chairman that breathes Fev. That's not saying you haven't but a few good results on the bounce and it might be next season that you will see a change in fortune. Fev have got a steady fan base win or lose and York need to build on theirs. It's sometimes an advantage being a small community to instill the atmosphere. York is a big city and it is a bit more difficult in getting the ingredients right in engaging more local following. Good luck

4 hours ago, AB Knight said:

The club seems to have taken their foot of the gas this year as far as generating interest in games, and then providing that match day experience. No Norris, no band, no music. It seems you just turn up, buy your drink watch the game and then go home. I know Covid has made things difficult but we need to start attracting people back to the game.

To be honest most new grounds are like this, once inside you could be in any of them - Leigh, Widnes, Warrington, St Helens, York. I hope over time we can have murals/photos etc and make it more of our own. And the fanzone at the LNER is crying out for live bands, local food stalls/beers (I thought Brew York were meant to be involved?), face painting, TVs showing live sport, the whole works. 

I’m also aware there are some clubs, such as the 2 Super League clubs near to Fev who must look at York’s ground with envy. 

As for the club I get a feeling with COVID it’s just a case of getting through the season, regrouping and hopefully no more lockdowns so we can get the match day experience back to how it has been in the past.

The cancellation of the World Cup is a disappointment but the marketing dept at every club regardless of if it’s Warrington or West Wales should look at it as an opportunity gained, people will no longer be going down to the Emirates spending £150 on the day out etc. That’s hard earned spectators money that the clubs should be encouraging those fans to now spend at the club. Every cloud etc.

3 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

The club seems to have taken their foot of the gas this year as far as generating interest in games, and then providing that match day experience. No Norris, no band, no music. It seems you just turn up, buy your drink watch the game and then go home. I know Covid has made things difficult but we need to start attracting people back to the game.

My parents, both well in their 80s, went to the club shop this week to buy a birthday present for a friend. Told me today that no one said hello to them, nor goodbye, nor helped them or thanked them for their purchase. As I've said before, it feels nothing like We Are York anymore. And i don't think anyone from the club cares or wants to listen. The goodwill and togetherness that has been built over the last few seasons is being allowed to drip, drip away. 

19 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

It's been a bit difficult when we've had one hand tied behind our back with Covid protocols and the SMC's 'teething problems' AK.

We do have two double headers with the ladies planned in the coming weeks though, and next year should see the return of our popular themed rounds - with Norris, ladies games and junior curtain raisers! 🙂 

15 hours ago, JonT said:

My parents, both well in their 80s, went to the club shop this week to buy a birthday present for a friend. Told me today that no one said hello to them, nor goodbye, nor helped them or thanked them for their purchase. As I've said before, it feels nothing like We Are York anymore. And i don't think anyone from the club cares or wants to listen. The goodwill and togetherness that has been built over the last few seasons is being allowed to drip, drip away. 

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the club for this. I'm very surprised that this happened though considering that Zillah is one of the friendliest people I have ever met!

This season has been incredibly tough for all concerned. Hopefully we can end it on a positive note and look forward to a successful 2022, without restriction! 

Archived