Jump to content

Fev away.


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, JonT said:

My parents, both well in their 80s, went to the club shop this week to buy a birthday present for a friend. Told me today that no one said hello to them, nor goodbye, nor helped them or thanked them for their purchase. As I've said before, it feels nothing like We Are York anymore. And i don't think anyone from the club cares or wants to listen. The goodwill and togetherness that has been built over the last few seasons is being allowed to drip, drip away. 

I know what you mean JT about occasional silence and non-greeters in the office but I am well aware that the Knights staff have been under many extra pressures not of their making such as covid and the ineptitude of other stakeholders. But l do know that they still care passionately about the clubs fans, as an example l have a friend who requires some help in supporting her team, a senior manager of the club personally delivered her Wembley tickets to her home at 8.0 pm one night, presumably after leaving the office. That's caring in my book. There have been many issues this season that have tested the patience of staff and fans alike, making it very difficult to settle into our new home. Lets hope that next season we can put a lot of this ###### behind us and get that ' Knights togetherness ' back and move forward.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Please accept my apologies on behalf of the club for this. I'm very surprised that this happened though considering that Zillah is one of the friendliest people I have ever met!

This season has been incredibly tough for all concerned. Hopefully we can end it on a positive note and look forward to a successful 2022, without restriction! 

Thank you Gav. I will pass that on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peter G. said:

I know what you mean JT about occasional silence and non-greeters in the office but I am well aware that the Knights staff have been under many extra pressures not of their making such as covid and the ineptitude of other stakeholders. But l do know that they still care passionately about the clubs fans, as an example l have a friend who requires some help in supporting her team, a senior manager of the club personally delivered her Wembley tickets to her home at 8.0 pm one night, presumably after leaving the office. That's caring in my book. There have been many issues this season that have tested the patience of staff and fans alike, making it very difficult to settle into our new home. Lets hope that next season we can put a lot of this ###### behind us and get that ' Knights togetherness ' back and move forward.

I hope so Peter. I'm at a strange point in my relationship with RL. Part of me thinks I'm done after 40+ years of passionately support both the local and the national game. But there is still a part of me that yearns to be back to supporting my team. I'd never switch my allegiance so it is York or nothing. I will attempt to navigate the overly complicated beast that is the online booking system and try to get tickets for us all for Sunday.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got to say when my mate got taken into hospital a week before Wembley I asked the office if they could get a message to him to offer a bit of support. The message reached the very top and he received a phone call off Mr Flatman himself which my pal was extremely grateful for

  • Like 8

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Got to say when my mate got taken into hospital a week before Wembley I asked the office if they could get a message to him to offer a bit of support. The message reached the very top and he received a phone call off Mr Flatman himself which my pal was extremely grateful for

Top man is Jon flatman and iam sure he has a massive influence on what happens in the office , let's hope the previous quality and care of service continues.😀😀😀

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JonT said:

I hope so Peter. I'm at a strange point in my relationship with RL. Part of me thinks I'm done after 40+ years of passionately support both the local and the national game. But there is still a part of me that yearns to be back to supporting my team. I'd never switch my allegiance so it is York or nothing. I will attempt to navigate the overly complicated beast that is the online booking system and try to get tickets for us all for Sunday.

I can truly empathise John. I've supported York RL in its various guises for nigh on 60 years ( about half of Spanish Ks innings ). I've contributed much less than many fans who've supported for half those years but, like a bad penny, l keep on turning up. I've told successive doctors over the years about this malady but they tell me to just keep taking the tablets. Good luck with the beast and hope you can make it on sunday. The way things are after the Fev match, we may be on the bench!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, POR said:

NOT his second try but the one just before halftime enjoy 

 

 

from behind the posts it looked to me that chis caught it and marsh stripped it and grounded the ball...however thats neither here nor there the major issue to take from that bit of film is the fact that marsh was impeded in his run to the ball by havin to run around the ref who was as usual positioned terribly. i think he was the ref when we played at haven and was all over the shop there as well. whoever is in charge of referees needs to give the guy some hints and where hes supposed to be!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nearenough said:

from behind the posts it looked to me that chis caught it and marsh stripped it and grounded the ball...however thats neither here nor there the major issue to take from that bit of film is the fact that marsh was impeded in his run to the ball by havin to run around the ref who was as usual positioned terribly. i think he was the ref when we played at haven and was all over the shop there as well. whoever is in charge of referees needs to give the guy some hints and where hes supposed to be!

Nothing to do with the poor positioning by the fullback.... ref didn't impede his run either, fullback doesn't change his angle of run and has line of sight of the ball at all times. Grasping at straws with your post.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I thought that the tackle before was more interesting with Akins as fourth man in drives into Springer's kidneys, which I thought had been outlawed, but obviously not.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Personally I thought that the tackle before was more interesting with Akins as fourth man in drives into Springer's kidneys, which I thought had been outlawed, but obviously not.

Kidneys no, between knee and hip yes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Personally I thought that the tackle before was more interesting with Akins as fourth man in drives into Springer's kidneys, which I thought had been outlawed, but obviously not.

What Atkins does there is perfectly legal. You're possibly thinking of a cannonball tackle, where the 3rd/4th man in attacks the legs of a stationary attacker while he's being held upright by other defenders. Like what John Davies did earlier in the season against us and got binned for.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Neutralfan7 said:

Nothing to do with the poor positioning by the fullback.... ref didn't impede his run either, fullback doesn't change his angle of run and has line of sight of the ball at all times. Grasping at straws with your post.

you need specsavers ,  no way a try ,  but as we all know refs are human aswell 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

you need specsavers ,  no way a try ,  but as we all know refs are human aswell 😄

It says its a try in League Express , yer know like the one at Wembley  York got lol.  All adds to the fun of banter  ( moaning more like - we're all guilty of it )

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...