Match Thread: Championship Round 16, Batley v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-8th-August-2021

marklaspalmas

37 minutes ago, POR said:

Can't see why people will be put off I thought for a lot of the game we were competitive and at 12-6 we were in with a chance but unfortunately  our uncharacteristic sloppy goal line defence let them get over the line 

As i said before i didn't see it,but i like Batley they are a well run Championship club so don't mind our fans cash going their way.Some S.L. clubs could learn from the way Batley,Dewsbury,Fev,and York have improved their grounds.Although i think Hull KR are one of the better ones.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/08/2021 at 11:54, The Phantom Horseman said:

Sweeting is another possibility, but I got the impression earlier in the season that Spence might have been ahead of Sweeting in the pecking order, at least as a half back. He seemed to make the 21-man squad when Sweeting didn't, and at Bradford recently Spence was on the bench (though he ended up replacing Doyle on the wing).

gone to donny on season long loan

12 hours ago, POR said:

Can't see why people will be put off I thought for a lot of the game we were competitive and at 12-6 we were in with a chance but unfortunately  our uncharacteristic sloppy goal line defence let them get over the line 

Rovers were competitive but couldn't pierce their line up the middle. That wouldn't normally bother them but this time their try scoring threat had been somewhat diminished with the loss of Chizzy and the move of Hall from left wing to full bacI When we lost Nu Brown with 15 minutes to go I couldn't see where a try was going to come from other than out on the right, which they had well covered.

It will take a full strength 17, but we can still give them a game.

27 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Can't wait for the avalanche of fans from other clubs fans come on here and say the same - but i won't hold my breath !

The same avalanche that came on congratulating Rovers for winning at Wembley. One Oldham fan if I remember. Anything negative and they're like bees round a honey pot😄😄😄

21-man squad named
https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1423675234243186689

Notable omissions  - Springer and Spence.

Chisholm and Brown both included but whether they play remains to be seen.

Alex Walker included and we have a full threequarter line for the first time in months.

How we line up probably depends on who's fit at half back.

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

21-man squad named
https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1423675234243186689

Notable omissions  - Springer and Spence.

Chisholm and Brown both included but whether they play remains to be seen.

Alex Walker included and we have a full threequarter line for the first time in months.

How we line up probably depends on who's fit at half back.

It's a great looking squad we've got. And that's without Bussey, Minns, Day and Fergie of course.

Two backs and two forwards to miss out.

In the backs, some real questions about Brown, HIA, and Chizz, knee. Does Walker get his debut? BB straight back in?

In the forwards, McConnell and say Field to be rested.

I wonder why Springer hasn't received a call? Not 100% fit?

3 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Surely if Chisholm and Brown are included then they are fit enough to play. If so we are favourites for this game.

Personally, I'm all in favour of keeping the opposition guessing, especially since the 19-man squad declaration was lifted to 21. Maybe all of our half backs are fit and ready to go, but why make it easier for your opponents to prepare?

12 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Was it just a rumour then that Chizzy needed a knee clean out and would be out for two to six weeks?.

I wonder if it's been put back 'til the end of the season? Six weeks would take him up until the final weekend, leaving no time to get fit for the play-offs, so if he's fit to play on it might be the better gamble??? 

12 hours ago, Steve Slater said:

I wonder if it's been put back 'til the end of the season? Six weeks would take him up until the final weekend, leaving no time to get fit for the play-offs, so if he's fit to play on it might be the better gamble??? 

I agree Steve maybe manage him in games and if we have a good lead bring him off.When you get used to the pain playing through it is OK if it does not affect his running and kicking ability.Don't like pain killing injections though it hurts for a reason.

As MLP says two backs and two forwards to miss out  so who do you think?

Here's my tupenneth 

In the backs If every ones fit then first choice is chizzy with his alleged  knee problem don't want him running up that hill 

second Ben don't know how much training he's done while he been out but once again first game back up the hill not for me

In the forwards first choice is Luke C luke is in a group of players who are much of a muchness  and bring the same skill set to games this week it happens to be his turn  to miss out and Callum F is  on the bench

Second Loui M last week webbo picked JD to play at back of pack and I would do the same this week 

W may have to play either Chizzy or Ben if Nu is not fit after that head bang last week. I agree with your forwards to drop out. Luke doesnt seem to bring the wow factor .

3 hours ago, haskey said:

W may have to play either Chizzy or Ben if Nu is not fit after that head bang last week. I agree with your forwards to drop out. Luke doesnt seem to bring the wow factor .

why put him in 21 if he failed his HIA  when Harvey S is available and good enough to play

Archived