2-point deduction and £10,000 fine.

Rarefrith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can go with the points deduction, but a fine of this size in the state of the game/teams are having to struggle with due to |Covid is excessive. 

If the crowd that attended the Toulouse match all gave £2 each we would be well on the way to paying the fine. How about a collection at the next Home match. York on Saturday night isn't it. Ok the crowd wont be as big. So everybody going buys £2 GG ticket and pays an extra £1. The alternative would be to put a fiver on next seasons season ticket. Just a few thoughts to help. I would go down any path to help so long as the contrbution is within reason. We could of course fine the guilty people one way or another.

2 hours ago, haskey said:

I can go with the points deduction, but a fine of this size in the state of the game/teams are having to struggle with due to |Covid is excessive. 

It pisses me off when the RFL help themselves to the money, time and effort volunteered by willing, loyal supporters.  

4 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Fans are trying to fundraise to pay the fine. Maybe they should move on eh?

Perhaps fans from other clubs should mind their own business! If Fev fans want to help Fev, what concern is it to any other cubs? 

"Out of the way,son. Where's my medal?" Alex Murphy's immortal words as David Hobbs scores his 2nd try in the '83 Cup Final!

I’m not likely to make myself very popular with this post!!  I completely agree that the powers that be don’t want us in SL. To the extent that if we legitimately qualified I honestly think they’d move the goal posts in real time to prevent it.
That said if you read what Mark Campbell said after the game he got a crate of ale out of his office and started to drink it and watch a challenge cup game in the bar on the BBC. Then others joined him and had one of his beers and started watching the game. At which point the gathering broke the rules. Mark admitted that with the value of hindsight he should have taken the beer home and watched the game there. It does leave us on pretty thin ice. As for the police my neighbour is a copper and he tells me that they’ve no real idea on a day to day basis what they should and shouldn’t be enforcing so tend to steer clear of things. The point about the pictures and the rat is an interesting one. Given that Batley were in changing rooms at the opposite side of the field and everyone in the clubhouse should have been ‘Fev’ with security in place so who took the pictures and posted them? If I’ve misrepresented anyone in this post I stand corrected.

3 minutes ago, Phil Briscoe said:

I’m not likely to make myself very popular with this post!!  I completely agree that the powers that be don’t want us in SL. To the extent that if we legitimately qualified I honestly think they’d move the goal posts in real time to prevent it.
That said if you read what Mark Campbell said after the game he got a crate of ale out of his office and started to drink it and watch a challenge cup game in the bar on the BBC. Then others joined him and had one of his beers and started watching the game. At which point the gathering broke the rules. Mark admitted that with the value of hindsight he should have taken the beer home and watched the game there. It does leave us on pretty thin ice. As for the police my neighbour is a copper and he tells me that they’ve no real idea on a day to day basis what they should and shouldn’t be enforcing so tend to steer clear of things. The point about the pictures and the rat is an interesting one. Given that Batley were in changing rooms at the opposite side of the field and everyone in the clubhouse should have been ‘Fev’ with security in place so who took the pictures and posted them? If I’ve misrepresented anyone in this post I stand corrected.

I believe it was your own players that put the pictures up not sure.

looking at the 10k fine I don’t understand it surely if the police left it and was happy with everything then why do the rfl then feel they should fine you the points was enough of a punishment to make sure Toulouse come top.

43 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

I believe it was your own players that put the pictures up not sure.

looking at the 10k fine I don’t understand it surely if the police left it and was happy with everything then why do the rfl then feel they should fine you the points was enough of a punishment to make sure Toulouse come top.

I believe you're wrong.

Archived