2-point deduction and £10,000 fine.

Rarefrith

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people on here still think that the club did nothing wrong.

Don't they realise that the club's totallystupid actions that day could very possibly have cost them any chance of promotion this season.

Ferres got a ban because he was the only one identified at the time.The other 12 players who turned out against Batley must have known they should not have been on the field.So much for their integrity and respect for their opponents.

It's time the Fev fans stopped blaming the RFL and turned their wrath on the club's management for THEIR stupidity.

I wonder what the reaction on here would have been if Cas had done a similar thing.

7 hours ago, Bullmania said:

Makes you wonder now if you had of won toulouse would it been a 4 point deduction? 🤔

I'm glad someone else was thinking that - whether in jest or not.  You can look at it in different ways but if Rovers had won then even the RFL wouldnt have had the balls to take 2 points of us the next day.  Anyway when are the other 11 players starting their 10 day bans.  During the play offs ?

Fair play to the Featherstone fans coughing up to pay the fine. A bit like Bradford fans paying up for the (many) mistakes made by the club. 

The points deduction and fine seem fair enough. Most Featherstone fans have accepted it and moved on and well done to them but that doesn’t stop some conspiracy theories that the RFL would have docked Featherstone 100 points just because they don’t like them…. 

17 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

I find it absolutely unbelievable that some people on here still think that the club did nothing wrong.

Don't they realise that the club's totallystupid actions that day could very possibly have cost them any chance of promotion this season.

Ferres got a ban because he was the only one identified at the time.The other 12 players who turned out against Batley must have known they should not have been on the field.So much for their integrity and respect for their opponents.

It's time the Fev fans stopped blaming the RFL and turned their wrath on the club's management for THEIR stupidity.

I wonder what the reaction on here would have been if Cas had done a similar thing.

Do you think a £10,000 fine is appropriate ? - never mind the potentially more damaging points deduction (and a player ban) ?  I doubt that the same fine would have been handed out to any other club in this division - but thats not a view supported by many of us.  Also had this been a premiership football club (and there were many examples of clubs breaking the rules eg Liverpool players celebrating after winning the title) then the equivalent fine for them would have been more like £10,000,000.  That just wouldn't  happen.

1 minute ago, RobLambert said:

Do you think a £10,000 fine is appropriate ? - never mind the potentially more damaging points deduction (and a player ban) ?  I doubt that the same fine would have been handed out to any other club in this division - but thats not a view supported by many of us.  Also had this been a premiership football club (and there were many examples of clubs breaking the rules eg Liverpool players celebrating after winning the title) then the equivalent fine for them would have been more like £10,000,000.  That just wouldn't  happen.

You are still blaming the RFL.The club broke covid rules and possibly put the Batley players at risk.Do you still think the club did nothing wrong.

10 hours ago, Bullmania said:

I believe it was your own players that put the pictures up not sure.

looking at the 10k fine I don’t understand it surely if the police left it and was happy with everything then why do the rfl then feel they should fine you the points was enough of a punishment to make sure Toulouse come top.

It was not our own players that put the pictures up, it was allegedly a security man and then it snowballed from there.   

Im Fev and im proud

11 hours ago, flyfisherman said:

That's what l thought too, hence the delayed decision. 

It's not a delayed decision. The RFL won't have started their formal procedures until after any investigation by the authorities had been completed so as not to prejudice them. The police made their recommendations on 29th June and WMDC considered them on 6th July, 4 weeks ago. There is no conspiracy against the Club. 

For me there would have been no issue of players meeting after the match for a debrief. But the photo showed alcohol and also non players being in attendance. Clearly under the restrictions this was wrong, and as many said at the time unprofessional. Maybe if the club had apologised, the fine wouldn't have been as bad. And by now sending out that statement, it's just going to make us a target if there's any more issues at the club. 

That's my view though, and plenty of fans don't agree with it, which is fair enough.

8 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

You are still blaming the RFL.The club broke covid rules and possibly put the Batley players at risk.Do you still think the club did nothing wrong.

You are still not listening to what people are saying. It is the severity of the punishment that some of us are questioning.  Although most seem to be accepting that quite well.

52 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

You are still not listening to what people are saying. It is the severity of the punishment that some of us are questioning.  Although most seem to be accepting that quite well.

I am not trying to say it should be,but I think it could have been more severe.

47 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

The RFL have always hated us and I don’t think it will ever change. All I am interested in is my club and the rest of the sport can go to hell because that’s what it deserves 

You'll be saying next The RFL love Bradford...... 

Oh wait just a minute🤔🤔

19 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

Get a grip man. Put thi pitchfork away.

Personally,  if a family member screws up, and they do.... I try and fix it, and have. Any anger I have will be expressed privately and not for the voyeuristic delight of others.

If I find it necessary I'll express my views on this incident privately and try and contribute to putting it right.

Glad the club announced contract extentions and declare their hand. It is reassuring and a statement of intent..... and puts this episode behind us.

19 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

The same reaction that caused you to come on here😯

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Personally,  if a family member screws up, and they do.... I try and fix it, and have. Any anger I have will be expressed privately and not for the voyeuristic delight of others such as yourself.

If I find it necessary I'll express my views on this incident privately and try and contribute to putting it right.

Glad the club announced contract extentions and declare their hand. It is reassuring and a statement of intent..... and puts this episode behind us.

Wouldn't it just be better if the club acknowledged mistakes and apologised?. Just because you are a supporter, doesn't mean that you always have to be tribal in your opinions?. Here the club were wrong.

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

Personally,  if a family member screws up, and they do.... I try and fix it, and have. Any anger I have will be expressed privately and not for the voyeuristic delight of others.

I have'nt got a pitchfork.All I am saying is the RFL did nothing wrong the club did.

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It's not a delayed decision. The RFL won't have started their formal procedures until after any investigation by the authorities had been completed so as not to prejudice them. The police made their recommendations on 29th June and WMDC considered them on 6th July, 4 weeks ago. There is no conspiracy against the Club. 

Except the one that put us out of the top flight for 20 odd years

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

People who believe in conspiracy theories are rarely correct. 

You sure about that ? 

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

Except the one that put us out of the top flight for 20 odd years

Nobody cares any more mate.  Just a couple of us dare to question it when the RFL sh*t on us from a great height once again.  We've become institutionalised.  Collectively I'm not sure we want promotion.  Anyway on a positive note isn't Blackmore available again this week following the last excessive punishment.  

Archived