2-point deduction and £10,000 fine.

Rarefrith

50 minutes ago, RobLambert said:

You sure about that ? 

Nobody cares any more mate.  Just a couple of us dare to question it when the RFL sh*t on us from a great height once again.  We've become institutionalised.  Collectively I'm not sure we want promotion.  Anyway on a positive note isn't Blackmore available again this week following the last excessive punishment.  

Yes I am. And to be fair the Blackmore case was another one, where rather than just admitting guilt a ludicrous defence case was attempted. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Yes I am. And to be fair the Blackmore case was another one, where rather than just admitting guilt a ludicrous defence case was 

That was nothing to do with the club it was Ben's doing.

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

I didn't say Ben had nothing to do with the club i  said it was Ben's doing NOT the club if you read it right.

Ben is supposedly an ambassador for rovers and should be more Carefull what he spouts on social media.😀😀😀

12 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Ben is supposedly an ambassador for rovers and should be more Carefull what he spouts on social media.😀😀😀

Definitely but he can't have been thinking of the club or the consequences 🤔

On 03/08/2021 at 17:50, jamescolin said:

If the crowd that attended the Toulouse match all gave £2 each we would be well on the way to paying the fine. How about a collection at the next Home match. York on Saturday night isn't it. Ok the crowd wont be as big. So everybody going buys £2 GG ticket and pays an extra £1. The alternative would be to put a fiver on next seasons season ticket. Just a few thoughts to help. I would go down any path to help so long as the contrbution is within reason. We could of course fine the guilty people one way or another.

Shouldn't the guilty people pay the fine

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, haskey said:

Why should these sooper dooper clubs have half their fines suspended but not us. Smacks of discrimination.

Have any of them been up before the RFL with any other charges recently? That's usually the considered factor: how long since they were last up for disciplinary. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

20 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Have any of them been up before the RFL with any other charges recently? That's usually the considered factor: how long since they were last up for disciplinary. 

I'm sure that had an influence but:

The fine reflects the club’s failure to properly comply with the law, Operational Rules and the RFL investigation. The club deliberately withheld information from the investigator, in order to avoid players being stood down. The actions of individual club members led to an unnecessarily protracted, expensive and extremely time-consuming process. 

Points deduction and fine for Featherstone Rovers (rugby-league.com)

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

I'm sure that had an influence but:

The fine reflects the club’s failure to properly comply with the law, Operational Rules and the RFL investigation. The club deliberately withheld information from the investigator, in order to avoid players being stood down. The actions of individual club members led to an unnecessarily protracted, expensive and extremely time-consuming process. 

Points deduction and fine for Featherstone Rovers (rugby-league.com)

Undoubtedly there are a multitude of factors, and each case will have been different, hence the different outcomes. Another example of that would be the awarding of 24 nil wins for cancelled games, compared to our deduction of points/win percentage. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

36 minutes ago, wasginger said:

I think one question that needs answering is when did the RFL or S/L discover these failures in Covid protocols ? the answer to that question could open a whole can of worms.

What can of worms could possibly be opened? It takes time to carry out thorough investivations and they are carried out under essentially the same legal rules of England as a court case, which allows the 'accused' time to prepare and present their defence? 

Archived