30 Ben Mathiou

3 Left:

6 Tom Holmes

7 Dane Chisholm

22 Kyle Trout

Edited by marklaspalmas
Updated

23 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Well it's that time of the year again... 

Rumour on the Bradford forum that we've signed Brandon Pickersgill for next season (he's apparently not that good of course). 

I'm surprised that Bradford fans haven't posted that minnsy has signed for them 🤣

On 31/07/2021 at 13:31, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Well it's that time of the year again... 

Rumour on the Bradford forum that we've signed Brandon Pickersgill for next season (he's apparently not that good of course). 

Brandon Pickersgill is good in attack. In defence if anyone breaks the line Pickersgill ain't stopping him.

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I seem to remember you telling us Chisholm was your 3rd choice half back at Bradford, I hope if we sign him he improves for the move as much as Chissy must have done!

Different situation, Chisholm was our 3rd choice HB because him and Kear didn't get on. Kear likes a structured play and that stifled Chisholm. I hope Pickersgill does improve and goes on to be a SL player, he is one of our best attacking threats but his defence and catching skills need work.

You keep yer hands off the Batley team this Autumn

• Like 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-tie-up-contract-extensions-for-six-key-players-siEfQ

Koppy, Ferres, JD, and Jones have all signed one year extensions and Gale and Hall two-year extensions.

Good news I'd say, as whilst acknowledging that some of them are already well into the veteran stage those guys have been good for us this year.

The Gale news is especially welcome as he was one who we might have feared would be lost to a SL offer.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/rovers-tie-up-contract-extensions-for-six-key-players-siEfQ

Koppy, Ferres, JD, and Jones have all signed one year extensions and Gale and Hall two-year extensions.

Good news I'd say, as whilst acknowledging that some of them are already well into the veteran stage those guys have been good for us this year.

The Gale news is especially welcome as he was one who we might have feared would be lost to a SL offer.

Interesting news but have they been offered a SL contract and a different champs contract  🧾

Not knowing at what level we'll be playing next year, or what funding will be was always going to make recruitment difficult for next year. This looks a solid base for me, irrespective of where we end this season. Gale particularly a standout to me, given the rate of his development and performances this year. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Its got to be hard trying to negotiate contracts, with some of our lads having good jobs outside rugby, happy to play part time in the championship but not go full time in the Super League.

On 31/07/2021 at 13:31, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Players contracted for 2022:

Craig Hall 1st year of 2 year deal 2022, 2023

Gareth Gale 1st Year of 2 year deal 2022, 2023

Dane Chisholm 3rd Year of 3 year deal 2020, 2021, 2022

Brett Ferres  1 year deal 2022

John Davies 1 year deal 2022

Connor Jones 1 year deal 2022

Craig Kopczak 1 year deal 2022

Pending:

James Lockwood

Fa’Amanu Brown

Dean Parata

Junior Moors

Tom Holmes

Josh Hardcastle

Luke Cooper

Jack Bussey

Callum Field

Brad Day

Kris Welham

Ben Blackmore

Thomas Minns

Dale Ferguson

Also: Louie McConnell, Jake Sweeting, Jimmy Beckett, Harvey Spence, Joe Summers, Jacob Doyle.

2021 Squad not contracted for 2022:

Frankie Halton to Hull KR

James Harrison to Warrington

Chisholm played in the 2019 season LTS, did that not count as one of his years? I know it was only a partial season. 

13 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Chisholm played in the 2019 season LTS, did that not count as one of his years? I know it was only a partial season. 

No he signed initially till the end of 19 season but  then he signed a new 3 year deal taking him to end of 22

27 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

Hi Andrew, that's not actually my post, it's MLP's - there was a 'glitch' in moderator tidying up - but POR is correct. Only link I can (easily) find is this from FB

Watch | Facebook

RoversTV - NEWS : We're delighted to announce that Dane Chisholm has put pen to paper on a three year deal, making him a Featherstone player until the end of 2022!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Hi Andrew, that's not actually my post, it's MLP's - there was a 'glitch' in moderator tidying up - but POR is correct. Only link I can (easily) find is this from FB

Watch | Facebook

RoversTV - NEWS : We're delighted to announce that Dane Chisholm has put pen to paper on a three year deal, making him a Featherstone player until the end of 2022!

Thank you.