Squad 2022

That's it then Sutcliffe into the centre and Welham in the back row he was never the quickest centre and at his age he won't get quicker.Walker at full back don't want to judge him on his first game but he seemed to be up in the attacking line a lot.I would rather the full back stay deeper and come into the line late as Ian Hardman used to do.Wonder if Covid 19 has affected Kris because he was blowing hard after 15 min.

33 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Let's hold our horses.

The press release announcing Sutcliffe's signing points out that he's still weeks away from match fitness.

Yes, not really sure what to make of this. Smells of dual reg to gain match fitness to me, particularly as it specifically mentions that there's a recall clause......

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Yes, not really sure what to make of this. Smells of dual reg to gain match fitness to me, particularly as it specifically mentions that there's a recall clause......

Not really he's finished at leeds agreed to sign for Castleford next season, 

do fev pay leeds for an injured player to get him fit so he can go to cas ? just one more to join the injury list and just in case he gets playing and does well leeds can take him back not good business sense to me would love him back if he was fit but it appears he aint.

9 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Let's hold our horses.

The press release announcing Sutcliffe's signing points out that he's still weeks away from match fitness.

Makes sense to me Mark. Fev look nailed on for 2nd place, so it's all about the play-offs in my book, and if they're serious about promotion they need to focus on putting a fully fit, top notch 17 on the pitch the next time they play Toulouse. If it takes him weeks to get match fit then so be it, the rest of the squad should be good enough to manage without him. Hopefully it will be all sewn up by the last couple of league games and he will be ready to ease his way in?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, eltel said:

do fev pay leeds for an injured player to get him fit so he can go to cas ? just one more to join the injury list and just in case he gets playing and does well leeds can take him back not good business sense to me would love him back if he was fit but it appears he aint.

Do you honestly think the club don't know what their doing for a start he'd not injured and leeds won't take him back  now Harry Newman and Cam Smith are back playing  anyway if they had any intention of getting him back then he would be here on two week stints not season long loan and if you don't believe me then take a look at the headlines

Alex Sutcliffe's Leeds Rhinos career finished after leaving in loan deal    

9 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Let's hold our horses.

The press release announcing Sutcliffe's signing points out that he's still weeks away from match fitness.

Don't think it's weeks away Mark he's been training with whinos and remember he's 22 so he should be naturally  fit as a butchers dog so I think he will only need a little tweaking to reach the magical MATCH FIT

1 hour ago, POR said:

Don't think it's weeks away Mark he's been training with whinos and remember he's 22 so he should be naturally  fit as a butchers dog so I think he will only need a little tweaking to reach the magical MATCH FIT

I have no inside info. This is our own press release.  From this I assumed he was injured and not immediately available: 

Sutcliffe joins on loan with Leeds holding the recall option. Whilst it may be a couple of weeks before Sutcliffe can play as he continues to recover from injury, his signing will add some depth in the middle where he can play either centre or second row.

• Like 1

Asking a general question with no underlying intent:

If, as looks likely, you were to get into SL next season, would all of your current squad be wanted and, if so, prepared to switch to FT?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

18 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

If, as looks likely, you were to get into SL next season, would all of your current squad be wanted and, if so, prepared to switch to FT?

They're the million dollar questions BSJ and only time will tell  but at the mo along side chizzy who's contract runs out in 22 we have just signed four out of current squad  for next  year  and two for two years 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

On the article about re-signing Alex Sutcliffe we've got a photo of Liam Sutcliffe, and the website write-up on the win at Batley is full of typos and errors, including the title. Do wish we would be a bit more professional in this respect, it seems clear that nobody sub-edits or proof-reads those write-ups.

No excuse for that mix up and i agree that spelling errors shouldn't occur it's easy to use spellcheck.I try to make my posts as accurate as possible but have occasionally hit the wrong key.Letters on my ASUS pc are not so clear as my older Samsung.On . which i exhausted all the Disc storage space.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

No excuse for that mix up and i agree that spelling errors shouldn't occur it's easy to use spellcheck.I try to make my posts as accurate as possible but have occasionally hit the wrong key.Letters on my ASUS pc are not so clear as my older Samsung.On . which i exhausted all the Disc storage space.

I got a "your" and "you're" wrong by speed typing and not checking my post. It was pointed out on the main trl forum. I was crestfallen....the shame!! I'm a like the stasi with such errors 

I'm with TPH on this.

There's a big difference between us lot typing away on our smartphones with fat fingers on t'forum and an official press release by the club.

The former, do your best out of courtesy to readers. The latter, get it right, it takes 2 minutes. And if you get it wrong, correct it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

I got a "your" and "you're" wrong by speed typing and not checking my post. It was pointed out on the main trl forum. I was crestfallen....the shame!! I'm a like the stasi with such errors 

If we took it seriously it would be like being back at school.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

This forum, of course, has no proper spellchecker function.

I of to check everything myself.

• Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

As well as discussing the club’s plans, a panel, made up of Chairman Mark Campbell, CEO Martin Vickers, Head Coach James Webster, as well as nu brown, Dance Chisholm and Craig Hall will be questioned by Rugby AM’s Alex Simmons about the season so far and that memorable Wembley week.

Who’s the new signing 

10 minutes ago, Reddwarf said:

As well as discussing the club’s plans, a panel, made up of Chairman Mark Campbell, CEO Martin Vickers, Head Coach James Webster, as well as nu brown, Dance Chisholm and Craig Hall will be questioned by Rugby AM’s Alex Simmons about the season so far and that memorable Wembley week.

Who’s the new signing 

"Dance" Chisholm....... disco Dane🤣🤣

Edited by Robin Evans

9 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Realistically any championship side going to superleague would probably only retain 20% maximum of the squad if they have ambitions of staying there.😀😀😀

• Like 1