Squad 2022

16 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Think it’ll be minns as another contract extension 

there can’t be that many first team regulars not signed for next year now 

We are still waiting for news on NINE first team squad members, one of whom is strongly rumoured to be leaving.

17 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Think it’ll be minns as another contract extension 

there can’t be that many first team regulars not signed for next year now 

But don't forget the BRONZED ADONIS on the wing 🤣

17 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Would be great if Nu Brown signed for another year, but I'd think that's he's likely to have a few Super League offers.

That's true but if he moves on we still have dane and tom who are both top dogs😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Given that he made his debut in 2015, I'd say he was up in about four more years.

I know he played at junior levels previously, but they wouldn't count for testimonial purposes.

Thanks Mark, makes sense I know he's be around the club since 2011 - wasn't sure when his professional debut was. 

• Like 1

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

18 hours ago, Squidward said:

I can only assume the B Ox has not lost his sense of mischief and humour with his Saltonstall comment.

You need a word with your coach. 🤣 I don't see him leaving Fax though so you will likely get your wish. What's Blackmore up to next season? I know we nearly signed him not so long back and wouldn't mind seeing him at Fax. Maybe we sorting a swap deal. 🤣

15 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

You need a word with your coach. 🤣 I don't see him leaving Fax though so you will likely get your wish. What's Blackmore up to next season? I know we nearly signed him not so long back and wouldn't mind seeing him at Fax. Maybe we sorting a swap deal. 🤣

Yer not often far wrong with yer predictions.

Just now, LongStandingBull said:

I thought you guys had a thread on Brandon Pickersgill but I can’t seem to find it. Maybe I dreamt it.

Either way, he picked up a very bad looking injury yesterday vs Toulouse. Looked to be his spine/back. He Looked devastated on the floor and was taken off by stretcher and went straight to hospital. 

Hope the lad is OK.... regardless of who he's with next year

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Rovers fev said:

Looks like we attempted to sign lilley and failed but I couldn’t see him getting in our squad for next year never rated him 

I doubt that my guess with statements of top championship and one  SL club being interested was all smoke and mirrors to get a good deal at the bulls 

Apparently 

“We are building a really good team for next year, with the likes of Broughie staying and the players we have got coming in - it is exciting times for this club.”

AND 

“I want to take them back up to Super League and get 15-20,000 people back inside Odsal – that is a dream of mine and now I have two years to build that.”

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just saw it on Twitter and wanted to see thaughts on it I feel like there’s not really a lot of players available on the championship or off contract on super league who would drop down to our level that could improve our side I would say we need a solid full back (Walker) and a strike centre as I can see hardcastle moving onto the pack as he gets older 

How many times have we when announcing a signing included the phrase "we fought off interest from SL clubs"? Exactly the same concept imo. Nothing to see here, move along. 😉

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Agree with Gazza there. Standard talk to big up signings although I do think Jordan is a fantastic keep for us. Plus of course he will peddle the super league line. The club constantly say this to assist marketing and engaging fans that we are aspiring for super league. Most of us fans are much more realistic though.

I remember Gledhill posting stories about an amazing signing and how fans would be very impressed as we’d really opened the cheque book… up rocks Richie Mathers out of retirement!! 

PS - I like the comment ‘never rated Lilley’ now he’s confirmed to be staying at Bradford. Much like our section of supporters who think Pickersgill is not good enough now he’s very likely off to you haha

10 minutes ago, LongStandingBull said:

PS - I like the comment ‘never rated Lilley’ now he’s confirmed to be staying at Bradford. Much like our section of supporters who think Pickersgill is not good enough now he’s very likely off to you haha

Those are the rules cocker.... you know how it works!🤣

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LongStandingBull said:

Agree with Gazza there. Standard talk to big up signings although I do think Jordan is a fantastic keep for us. Plus of course he will peddle the super league line. The club constantly say this to assist marketing and engaging fans that we are aspiring for super league. Most of us fans are much more realistic though.

I remember Gledhill posting stories about an amazing signing and how fans would be very impressed as we’d really opened the cheque book… up rocks Richie Mathers out of retirement!! 

I would of still said it if he signed for us as I think what we’ve got already for next year with Holmes Chizzy Jones and wildie is better than lilley and with nu brown uncertain of his future he may be with us next year aswell