Squad 2022

Briscoe smith and jsl would all add to our current lot signed up Martin Vickers was talking about more Aussie imports on bbc radio Leeds saying we’ll be more than ready to go if we win on Sunday might be worth throwing money at zak hardaker to cover full back 

Maybe, y'know, the club is concentrating on some match or other at the weekend, and leaving the rumours to "journalists" on twitter and other social media?

Once the season's over and we know what league we're playing in, I think we'll start to receive plenty of news.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Maybe, y'know, the club is concentrating on some match or other at the weekend, and leaving the rumours to "journalists" on twitter and other social media?

Once the season's over and we know what league we're playing in, I think we'll start to receive plenty of news.

I would assume it's the players and coaching staff concentrating on sunday so no  reason for someone in the back office to not put out a tweet

Don't know what league we're  playing in didn't stop them tweeting 11 players we'ave just signed and you've posted on page 1

It's pretty much standard practice and logic to announce current players re-signing as and when you like towards the end of the season.

And it's pretty much standard practice and logic to wait until your season actually ends to announce new arrivals and departures.

Makes sense.

• Like 6

On 04/10/2021 at 12:38, The Phantom Horseman said:

Can't remember if we have discussed Gadwin Springer but a French website said last month (also mentioned by a French poster on the General TotalRL forum today) that he's returning to France to play for Villeneuve in Elite 1.

https://treizemondial.fr/gadwin-springer-de-retour-en-elite-1/

Just a thought PH  elite 1 runs from sept to april and last season Louis Jouffret played for Avignon then  came over to play for haven so may not be the last we see of Gadwin

It makes a lot of sense Mark Sunday is much more important that tweets from the whole world on who is coming and going.. But nothing wrong with banter, that.s why I am on this site,

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, haskey said:

It makes a lot of sense Mark Sunday is much more important that tweets from the whole world on who is coming and going.. But nothing wrong with banter, that.s why I am on this site,

Oh for sure! I love the rumour mill. We must have signed at least 20 players already! Matty Wildie? Remember that one? JSL, Zak, Pickersgill, Nathan Cleary,.....

But we can't expect anything official till next week.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Oh for sure! I love the rumour mill. We must have signed at least 20 players already! Matty Wildie? Remember that one? JSL, Zak, Pickersgill, Nathan Cleary,.....

But we can't expect anything official till next week.

Don't forget Ben Hellewell M  he made big headlines in the Examiner 🤣

On 11/10/2021 at 10:55, haskey said:

I wonder how long before the dust settles do we announce the comings & goings.????

Would think some comings and goings might start to be announced fairly soon - there are only 110 days until the first game! - but there well probably have been quite a bit riding on the outcome of Sunday's game so there might still be a fair bit of dust to settle.

I always get the impression that we keep some of our powder dry to see who becomes available late on. Last year for instance we announced Kopczak in December and Moors in January. Indeed some of our bigger signings in recent years have been announced after the 30th November, when players' contracts expire.

So we might need to be a bit patient again.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Would think some comings and goings might start to be announced fairly soon - there are only 110 days until the first game! - but there well probably have been quite a bit riding on the outcome of Sunday's game so there might still be a fair bit of dust to settle.

I always get the impression that we keep some of our powder dry to see who becomes available late on. Last year for instance we announced Kopczak in December and Moors in January. Indeed some of our bigger signings in recent years have been announced after the 30th November, when players' contracts expire.

So we might need to be a bit patient again.

If I remember correctly cam king signed in January as well Hope  we sign players that make the rest of the championship sit up and take notice Last year Junior was claimed to be the best championship signing so more of the same please

22 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Aaron Bower via ThirteenRugby, as well as being another source for the Briscoe to Fev transfer story, also reckons that Alex Walker is closing in on a permanent move to us.

Not setting our sights high if we think Walker is good enough.He has been OK but is all over the place with his positioning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Not setting our sights high if we think Walker is good enough.He has been OK but is all over the place with his positioning.

I can't say that I've noticed that particularly? He doesn't offer much in terms of returning the ball from kicks and isn't the biggest but he's been pretty solid all round and he's proven at this level, in fact I think he started every game for London in SL in 2019.

We seem to have been linked with Pickersgill forever so assuming that move is still on perhaps they will be juking it out for the starting spot, and of course we've still got Craig Hall.

There probably isn't much between a few of the possble candidates we could have targeted at full back, I thought we might have made a move for Elliott Hall (signed for Bradford) who has had a tremendous year in attack but he looks a bit weak defensively and sadly had two nightmare incidents under high kicks at Toulouse.