Squad 2022

2 hours ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Alex Walker seems a steady enough player, but doesn't seem to add to much attack wise. And didn't Pickersgill finish the season with a bad injury?. I guess it will all come out in the wash.

He scored 7 tries in 9 games. Will take that. 

3 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Holmes and Chizz are not full backs.

We have Hall atm.

And Pickersgill allegedly 

BUT don't forget bobby goulding who knows a bit about halfbacks picked chizzy to play fullback for france and on his wki page   

Position Stand-off, Scrum-half, Fullback

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm getting worried we won't even be able to name a full squad for this weekend's game...

Seriously, a bit of patience is surely called for. Season only finished a week ago, a lot of our players are still on holiday which might impact re-signing/ leaving announcements. 

We will have already signed plenty of players and if previous seasons are anything to go by we might still be in negotiations with others, happy for the club to focus on that for now, plus they will have had a fair bit on behind the scenes given the tragic incident after the game in Toulouse.

1 hour ago, Cardypaul said:

When do players contracts run out I want to say November but not sure, maybe waiting until then for courtesy. 

Is Webster contracted as coach for next season?

C1:1:17 All contracts with Players (and any extensions thereof) shall expire at the end of the contract period which (except in the cases of Conditional Contracts) and subject to Operational Rule C1:1:11 above shall be 30 November in any given year.

• Thanks 1

The other thing which may impact is whether DR returns next season, personally I hope not, as on another thread Leigh are in talks with Saints and Oxy has already said he believes Fax are in talks with Huddersfield so that may impact on our recruitment for next season.

23 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

The other thing which may impact is whether DR returns next season, personally I hope not, as on another thread Leigh are in talks with Saints and Oxy has already said he believes Fax are in talks with Huddersfield so that may impact on our recruitment for next season.

But they were against DR when we had it - weren't they ?

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

But they were against DR when we had it - weren't they ?

Yes they were, but it still remains if it comes back next season the likelihood is we will use (and get slaughtered for it) and this will have an impact on the squad we need for next season.

2 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Yes they were, but it still remains if it comes back next season the likelihood is we will use (and get slaughtered for it) and this will have an impact on the squad we need for next season.

I don't dispute that but was pointing out how it's wrong when it's us using lol.

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

There will be DR next season. I hear that Leeds might link up with Sheffield.

• Haha 2

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.