Squad 2022

17 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

First new signing announced. Interesting that it's not specifically referred to him being a full back. 

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/featherstone-rovers-add-brandon-pickersgill-to-the-blue-wall-for-2022-5cy6O

From what I've seen of him playing at half back he'll have to establish himself as the starting full back or he won't get in the team, I don't think he's a natural half.

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

From what I've seen of him playing at half back he'll have to establish himself as the starting full back or he won't get in the team, I don't think he's a natural half.

Outside back made me think centre or wing tbh. No idea what he'd be like in either of those positions though. 

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

His best position is at FB, he has his weaknesses at the back which he hasn't learnt from in past 3 seasons. He will be decent in attack but struggles under high ball and one on one defence. Some of our biggest defeats have come with Brandon in Halfs.

Edited by Bulls2487

10 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Former Bradford Bull, multiple Grand Final winner and GB international Leon Pryce says "Great signing, one of the best full backs in the Championship", but Bulls2487 says "he has weaknesses at the back which he hasn't learnt from in the past 3 seasons", so now I don't know WHO to believe.

Just my honest opinion he has made the same mistakes year after year, yes his attack has improved but not in defence. How many Bradford Bulls games do you think Leon Pryce has watched in the past 3 years?. 

23 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Former Bradford Bull, multiple Grand Final winner and GB international Leon Pryce says "Great signing, one of the best full backs in the Championship", but Bulls2487 says "he has weaknesses at the back which he hasn't learnt from in the past 3 seasons", so now I don't know WHO to believe.

With some people PH when some one they  love leaves them they will slag them off  at every opportunity🤣

9 minutes ago, POR said:

With some people PH when some one they  love leaves them they will slag them off  at every opportunity🤣

I have actually criticised BP defence from the start it's the one thing that let's him down and stops him from becoming a future SL player. I think Lilley will play Hooker next year as he is more suited to it than a HB.

12 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

From our favourite bulls fan PH

Think  that Pickergill is a better option at full back than Walker so he is a decent signing.My grandson says he is also good on the wing so we could play Hall in his best position of Full Back next season with Pickersgill taking over when he retires.I really didn't fancy Walker at FB but have not seen enough of others in the Championship to suggest anyone else.As for players leaving we have seen it before and will again if they want to move well that's their choice it a short career and they have to do what they think is best.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

How many Bradford Bulls games do you think Leon Pryce has watched in the past 3 years?. 

Actually, on reflection, you're right. He needs to be assessed by people who have seen plenty of him, understand the game and really know how he has played.

So anyway, who did win the Bulls' Players' Player of the Year award? 🤔

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Actually, on reflection, you're right. He needs to be assessed by people who have seen plenty of him, understand the game and really know how he has played.

So anyway, who did win the Bulls' Players' Player of the Year award? 🤔

Like I said it's my honest opinion of Pickersgill. Let's see where we are in a year from now. 

So because a player is liked by the other members of the team it automatically makes him a good player?. 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Bulls2487 said:

Like I said it's my honest opinion of Pickersgill. Let's see where we are in a year from now. 

So because a player is liked by the other members of the team it automatically makes him a good player?. 

B if the award was down to liking a player then steve crossley would win it every year

Out of interest  would you have kept him or are you glad he's gone

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

You're kind of missing the point. Most of us have seen Pickersgill play numerous times so we're well aware of his strengths and weaknesses. We watched our lads run rings round him earlier this year, remember, 121 points conceded in 3 games? Just not that interested in hearing about it from you given you've popped up here (and on the General forum) numerous times this year and it's invariably been with an anti-Fev agenda.

1 hour ago, Bulls2487 said:

So, he's a popular player with his team mates too? Likely to improve team spirit? I'm liking this signing more and more.

• Like 1

Back to the topic at hand...looking at our squad and also the players that we have been linked with, I think the toughest area for us might be finding another good starting middle to replace Harrison.  Koppy is another year older and Lockwood's future has not yet been announced and we were quite careful with both of them last year in terms of accepting they weren't going to be able to play every game.

Bussey being re-signed would help but the hardest position to find both at SL and Championship level seems to be middles and we could do with another starting quality one. I wonder if we might look overseas?

24 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Back to the topic at hand...looking at our squad and also the players that we have been linked with, I think the toughest area for us might be finding another good starting middle to replace Harrison.  Koppy is another year older and Lockwood's future has not yet been announced and we were quite careful with both of them last year in terms of accepting they weren't going to be able to play every game.

Bussey being re-signed would help but the hardest position to find both at SL and Championship level seems to be middles and we could do with another starting quality one. I wonder if we might look overseas?

I've wondered the same with the tweet major player signing announcement 

major implies he won't be from the championship and will probably be a big statement of intent and announcement suggests player won't be present so he  could be sat at home in sydney

Having said all that it could just be Nu resigning or Zak coming home🥳🤣

5 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

No but players are pretty good at gudging other players surely.

48 minutes ago, POR said:

I've wondered the same with the tweet major player signing announcement 

major implies he won't be from the championship and will probably be a big statement of intent and announcement suggests player won't be present so he  could be sat at home in sydney

Having said all that it could just be Nu resigning or Zak coming home🥳🤣

It'll be Luke Briscoes announcement.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fevrover said:

It'll be Luke Briscoes announcement.

No it wpn't 

2 hours ago, Phil Briscoe said:

I’ve seen the words major signing used several times before and then felt distinctly underwhelmed when I saw who it was! 

Not at FEV last year we signed kopczek moors and connor jones from SL and nu brown from aus and non of those signings were said to be MAJOR 🤣

53 minutes ago, POR said:

No it wpn't 

Not at FEV last year we signed kopczek moors and connor jones from SL and nu brown from aus and non of those signings were said to be MAJOR 🤣

I've heard he's signing we'll find out one way or the other eventually.