Squad 2022

11 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

Club email says there are exciting signings and resignings to be announced over the next few weeks. I am guessing it will be a drip feed to keep up the interest.

You'd  expect that C it's just a Major signing ANNOUNCEMENT not a Major SIGNING  that's  sounds intriguing

22 hours ago, POR said:

B if the award was down to liking a player then steve crossley would win it every year

Out of interest  would you have kept him or are you glad he's gone

Brandon Pickersgill appears to be well liked by the current Bulls players, never seen as much support for a player leaving the Bulls as BP has got. Honestly I am glad he has gone but that's mainly down to how we have performed the past 2 seasons, we needed a restructure of the squad and our 1-7 is already looking stronger than 2021 I don't think it's enough to challenge top 2 but we are getting closer.

12 hours ago, Fevrover said:

I've heard he's signing we'll find out one way or the other eventually.

Yes  F the rumours for luke abound but he's a local lad who can walk to the club and sign anytime so that's why the Major signing announcement won't be him

4 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

We may be drip fed new signings as the new Memberships come out.Or am i being cynical (again).

A little S signing of a few superstars may get some new members but the core would still sign up even if we signed long john silver to play on the wing

15 minutes ago, POR said:

Yes  F the rumours for luke abound but he's a local lad who can walk to the club and sign anytime so that's why the Major signing announcement won't be him

A little S signing of a few superstars may get some new members but the core would still sign up even if we signed long john silver to play on the wing

Isn't it likely to be one of those Cas players we are rumoured to have been interested in?. 

1 hour ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Isn't it likely to be one of those Cas players we are rumoured to have been interested in?. 

But like luke they can walk to the club and sign any time  and then as we normally do put on twitter then web with picture of them in shirt et al  but club say's this a major signing announcement which to me would suggest it's not a normal FEV end of season signing

2 hours ago, POR said:

Agree with that we have been spoiled a bit over the last few seasons.If the players put the effort in and play for the shirt i think most members are happy with a top 5 finish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Agree with that we have been spoiled a bit over the last few seasons.If the players put the effort in and play for the shirt i think most members are happy with a top 5 finish.

We still seem to be investing heavily in players, so for me too 5 would be poor. Not saying that we should win it, but should be top 3 for me.

Two rumours down 4 to go 🤣

1 hour ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Morgan Smith has been announced by the club Twitter website.

Would think this will be a fairly popular signing based on his being local and of course his granddad being a Rovers legend.

Whether he's here as 3rd half back, with someone else, presumably Nu, moving on, we'll have to wait and see.

That's a distinct possibility but on the flip side didn't morgan play number nine for the wolves so do we see him as a parata replacement⁉️

1 hour ago, POR said:

That's a distinct possibility but on the flip side didn't morgan play number nine for the wolves so do we see him as a parata replacement⁉️

Doubt it, he played half back for most of his career other than being used as a fill-in at 9 by Warrington, was signed as a half by both London and York and that's his preferred position. If the usual reliable sources are correct we can expect to see Matty Wildie unveiled as Parata's replacement in due course.

interesting take from Ian Hardman

Morgan and Brandon (Pickersgill) are the first of many new faces we’ll be seeing when the squad reports for pre-season in a few weeks’ time, it’s certainly an exciting time to be at the club.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, POR said:

interesting take from Ian Hardman

Morgan and Brandon (Pickersgill) are the first of many new faces we’ll be seeing when the squad reports for pre-season in a few weeks’ time, it’s certainly an exciting time to be at the club.”

Define how many is "many". 😉

Whilst a few fans are stressing now, I doubt that come the start of the season we'll have anything other than a strong squad to get behind. 

• Like 2

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 20/10/2021 at 10:13, Monkeymagic22 said:

Rumour going round is Jesse Sene-Lefao from c@$ apparently he runs a pub with Junior  Moors.

13 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Rumour going round is Jesse Sene-Lefao from c@$ apparently he runs a pub with Junior  Moors.

Would be a good signing for the Championship.Whenever i have seen him play he always puts himself about and is keen.He does give a few penalties away with careless high tackles but that is through being competitive.I don't judge players on tackle counts errors or penalties conceded.I rate them as i see what they do and their contribution to the teams performance on the field.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, POR said:

Interesting newcastle say they  have 'had to beat off super league interest to sign Brad 

Brad is a bit behind Harrison and Halton and his injury record is not good.However running off a clever Half Backs passes he could split defences.A squad player rather than starter if he had been signed for a SL club.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Brad is a bit behind Harrison and Halton and his injury record is not good.However running off a clever Half Backs passes he could split defences.A squad player rather than starter if he had been signed for a SL club.

No matter how good a player is NO super greed club will come in for a player who's only played 12 games in two years  after a full season at newcastle then that becomes a whole new kettle of fish and don't forget S

Thou shalt have a fishy when the boat comes in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, POR said:

Interesting newcastle say they  have 'had to beat off super league interest to sign Brad 

Bradford said the same about Jordan Lilley. It's marketing speak, bigging up the signings helps ticket sales. 😉

• Like 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb