Squad 2022

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

New Assistant Coach announced

Never saw that one coming. 😉😂😂😂

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Connor Jones in a Rovers social media promo, talking about signings:
"...there's which I'm really looking forward to seeing the fans reactions when they get announced, some really exciting players that are going to add a lot to our squad."

YES it was interesting to hear what he said but how long will we be waiting as fans to react to a few that are yet to be announced remember yesterday we’ll announce a fresh new signing. who never appeared🥳🤣

8 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

We are now up to 21 players for next season. With the long awaited JSL to come, perhaps there may not be many more signings after that. If DR is happening in some shape or form, then a 23 to 25 man squad might be about the right size. Let's see.

Looking at the changes, I think we're a man short still in the middles, and also perhaps at centre.

In the backs, Hall's position is the big question mark for me. I thought he was ok at full-back but he was moved from there and played his best rugby and was most prolific on the wing. But we have three other out-and-out wingers among those six players. Centre looks weak with only Hardcastle a genuine centre. I think Hall will play there, but defensively we've had problems with that.

In the pivots, Brown is a loss, but Holmes & Chizz as first choice is pretty strong. Smith is an unknown factor after such a long injury lay-off and is a bit of a punt, but if it comes off, we will be ok. Wildie for Parata? Two very different AHBs. Let's see how that goes.

In the forwards, Koppy & Locky a year older and so far no newbies after Harrison and Fergie left. Maybe we'll see more of JD and/or Moors and/or Ferres in the middle rather than second-row? Hellewell for Halton in the second row plus the previously named, and a fuller season from Bussey would be a boost.

*** Rod Lambert & TPH made some really good points about our squad on the other thread about other teams' squads. I think we'll end up with two thread on the same topic here.........

Luke B played at centre quite a bit last year.......

32 minutes ago, Rovers fev said:

been a lot of talk for a few week about exiting signings they must be big names of there hyping them up this much if there mediocre a lot of fans will be in uproar 

I'm struggling to understand this.

Fans will be in uproar if the club fails to fulfil the wildly unrealistic expectations of the fans?

The club has simply announced (with a certain drum-roll) signings and re-resignings periodically.

All the hype has come from fans themselves on FB, etc.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Fans will be in uproar if the club fails to fulfil the wildly unrealistic expectations of the fans?

The club has simply announced (with a certain drum-roll) signings and re-resignings periodically.

Every interview done by staff/players has mention exiting new signings over next few week but then weeks have come and nothing from them just the re signing of Lockwood which is far from exiting 

Think we just need to be patient. We already have a squad that ought to be challenging for top two just based on retentions and signings so far, and if the club is saying we have some exciting signings still to come maybe we should just trust them?

Look at past years, as I've said before. Moors was announced in January last year, Kopczak and Holmes in December, we've often announced big signings in January (Gareth Hock and Cameron King are two who come to mind). Remember all the doom and gloom 3 years ago when we played Cas away in a friendly in late December with Ryan Bailey, Jordan Tansey and Macauley Hallett our big trialist "signings" in that game and got mullered by their kids, then we got to within 25 minutes of promotion the same season?

Time to sit back, take a deep breath, and await further announcements as and when they come, imo.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Think we just need to be patient. We already have a squad that ought to be challenging for top two just based on retentions and signings so far, and if the club is saying we have some exciting signings still to come maybe we should just trust them?

Look at past years, as I've said before. Moors was announced in January last year, Kopczak and Holmes in December, we've often announced big signings in January (Gareth Hock and Cameron King are two who come to mind). Remember all the doom and gloom 3 years ago when we played Cas away in a friendly in late December with Ryan Bailey, Jordan Tansey and Macauley Hallett our big trialist "signings" in that game and got mullered by their kids, then we got to within 25 minutes of promotion the same season?

Time to sit back, take a deep breath, and await further announcements as and when they come,the only thing that bugs me is the inane silliness on our twitter page  a major signing  a fresh new signing and if we sell x amount of ST we will tell you 

That's true PH   I'm sure all will come out in the wash the good problem is FEV being a top club won't just sign anybody who pops up  I think it doesn't help when thunder announce their 20th new signing even though not many if any are good enough to play for FEV

I think it would also help to ease some fans frustrations if they announce a  NEW player who has not appeared on the FEV rumour mill🥳

6 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

They may have to announce one soon to increase season ticket sales.Have we sold more than 250 yet?

Yes that could tempt some newbies to buy one BUT with no early bird scheme no rush to buy I'm sure all the usual suspects will have their ST before we kick off

14 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Well there's not much on the telly this time of year, is there?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

25 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Any new news on signings? How many supporters have signed up?

Not yet Colin  but sometimes getting owt out of the club is like getting blood out of a stone however apparently  we have still to announce some very exciting signings moving forward.🤣