Squad 2022

1 minute ago, Adam B said:

Keep your hair on Petrocelli, he's only positing an opinion, which I believe is what the forum is for.

I asked a question because he appeared to be making an accusation that the club have deliberately leaked a story to try and sell season tickets. I'm genuinely not sure from his replies whether he still thinks that's the case. If he's still saying that's the case, I want to continue the discussion, because, you know, I believe that's what the forum's for. If that's ok with you, of course?

3 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

I asked a question because he appeared to be making an accusation that the club have deliberately leaked a story to try and sell season tickets. I'm genuinely not sure from his replies whether he still thinks that's the case. If he's still saying that's the case, I want to continue the discussion, because, you know, I believe that's what the forum's for. If that's ok with you, of course?

Yes m'lud.

Who can we get on the case.........

11 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

If he does sign, and it's highly doubtful, clearly he's not going to be on anything like the NRL contract. I'm guessing, he'd use it as an opportunity to go in the shop window and move on from that. Personally I can't see it happening.

Couldn't care less about Joey what I want to know is what's happened  to JSL 😕

4 hours ago, Adam B said:

Keep your hair on Petrocelli, he's only positing an opinion, which I believe is what the forum is for.

Thanks for that i just can't understand why our name is linked to a player we can't afford.And i am not happy at the increase in season tickets when families are struggling with higher rents,council tax bills,and 40% extra energy prices.If we sell as many season tickets as last season which i doubt the price increase will bring in enough money for one average players wage.

I may have this wrong since I can’t be 100% sure on the costs for season tickets last year, but if my memory serves me well season tickets were £200 for 11 home games, about £18.18 per game and £240 for 13 home games this year which equates to £18.46 per game. An increase of 28p per game. As I say I might have the figures for last year wrong, but assuming I’m close that doesn’t sound like much of an increase.

The thing that is different this year is the fact that there is no early bird prices. I guess the club doesn’t feel like they need the cash at the minute like they have in previous year, which has to be a good thing.

• Like 2

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

10 hours ago, The Grinder said:

I may have this wrong since I can’t be 100% sure on the costs for season tickets last year, but if my memory serves me well season tickets were £200 for 11 home games, about £18.18 per game and £240 for 13 home games this year which equates to £18.46 per game. An increase of 28p per game. As I say I might have the figures for last year wrong, but assuming I’m close that doesn’t sound like much of an increase.

The thing that is different this year is the fact that there is no early bird prices. I guess the club doesn’t feel like they need the cash at the minute like they have in previous year, which has to be a good thing.

Your right G all the moaners are forgetting  two extra games this year

You're also right about the increase per game  incidentally concessions increase by 19p per game

12 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Last season supporters did not mind paying the same as the year before for 2 fewer home matches as they were glad just to be back at games.And realised all clubs faced financial pressures.I am not bothered for myself as i lost enough for 2 season tickets backing Fax with their handicap start.We sold over 1000 last season and i don't think we will sell as many this season.Financial pressures are hitting families and some may just pick which games to attend.Difference between keeping prices at 2019 level and new rates is about 31k per year if the club sells 1000 and if they only sell 800 they will be 11k out of pocket against 1000 at the old price.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Last season supporters did not mind paying the same as the year before for 2 fewer home matches as they were glad just to be back at games.And realised all clubs faced financial pressures.I am not bothered for myself as i lost enough for 2 season tickets backing Fax with their handicap start.We sold over 1000 last season and i don't think we will sell as many this season.Financial pressures are hitting families and some may just pick which games to attend.Difference between keeping prices at 2019 level and new rates is about 31k per year if the club sells 1000 and if they only sell 800 they will be 11k out of pocket against 1000 at the old price.

So you got me intrigued enough to go and find out the facts so I have just gone out and googled the 2020 season ticket costs and it was £225 for 13 games details can be found here: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/2020-togetherasone-memberships-pass-2019-total-OyOlI/ and for the 2021 season they where £200 for 11 games (details can be found here:  https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/2021-memberships-now-available-for-collection-I8NIH/). So in fact the costs didn't stay the same between 2019/2020 and 2021, in fact the cost per game went up 88p per game on a season ticket compared to 2020 and up £2.80 compared to 2019.

So in 2020 that was £17.30 per game and for 2021 is was £18.18, though a number of games for 2021 had to be streamed at the beginning of the year. For this coming season it is £240 for 13 games so £18.46 per game  Obviously this ignores any early bird offer that is not available this year and as far as I can see was also not available for the 2021 season. 

The adult memberships for 2019 were £200 for 13 games so were £15.38 per game (details can be found here: https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1037390169400389632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1037390169400389632%7Ctwgr%5Ehb_2_7%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalrl.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FFevRovers%2Fstatus%2F1037390169400389632

The 2019 membership cost was the same cost as 2018 (£200) when there was only 11 games (the league was increased in 2019 to 14 teams from 12 in 2018), so £18.18 per game in 2018.

sorry for all the drivel, but hope it makes sense.

In summary then, the cost per game for the season tickets over the last 4 seasons and the coming season were/are:

2018:  £18.18 (11 games)

2019:  £15.38 (13 games)

2020:  £17.30 (13 games)

2021:   £18:18 (11 games)

2022:  £18:46 (13 games)

So the costs per game for season tickets has increased by 28p from 2018 to 2022, noting that in 2019 the cost per game went down significantly and have increased since. 

If 200 people (20%) don't buy season tickets this year having bought them last year then I guess that the club will have to reconsider the costs for 2023. Though personally I suspect a 28p increase per game would not be the main factor for people not buying a season ticket (it is more likely to be other pressures on personal home incomes and outgoings will be bigger factors). 

Also re potential £11k loss, in fact if the potential missing 200 pay £22 (or £20 early bird) prices per home game and they only go to only half the games the club will take over £24k (200 people x 6 games x £20) therefore not losing £11k income at all, so overall the club will be better off with the new prices

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

17 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

So you got me intrigued enough to go and find out the facts so I have just gone out and googled the 2020 season ticket costs and it was £225 for 13 games details can be found here: https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/2020-togetherasone-memberships-pass-2019-total-OyOlI/ and for the 2021 season they where £200 for 11 games (details can be found here:  https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/2021-memberships-now-available-for-collection-I8NIH/). So in fact the costs didn't stay the same between 2019/2020 and 2021, in fact the cost per game went up 88p per game on a season ticket compared to 2020 and up £2.80 compared to 2019.

So in 2020 that was £17.30 per game and for 2021 is was £18.18, though a number of games for 2021 had to be streamed at the beginning of the year. For this coming season it is £240 for 13 games so £18.46 per game  Obviously this ignores any early bird offer that is not available this year and as far as I can see was also not available for the 2021 season. 

The adult memberships for 2019 were £200 for 13 games so were £15.38 per game (details can be found here: https://twitter.com/FevRoversRLFC/status/1037390169400389632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1037390169400389632%7Ctwgr%5Ehb_2_7%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.totalrl.com%2Fforums%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedurl%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FFevRovers%2Fstatus%2F1037390169400389632

The 2019 membership cost was the same cost as 2018 (£200) when there was only 11 games (the league was increased in 2019 to 14 teams from 12 in 2018), so £18.18 per game in 2018.

In summary then, the cost per game for the season tickets over the last 4 seasons and the coming season were/are:

So the costs per game for season tickets has increased by 28p from 2018 to 2022, noting that in 2019 the cost per game went down significantly and have increased since. 

If 200 people (20%) don't buy season tickets this year having bought them last year then I guess that the club will have to reconsider the costs for 2023. Though personally I suspect a 28p increase per game would not be the main factor for people not buying a season ticket (it is more likely to be other pressures on personal home incomes and outgoings will be bigger factors). 

Also re potential £11k loss, in fact if the potential missing 200 pay £22 (or £20 early bird) prices per home game and they only go to only half the games the club will take over £24k (200 people x 6 games x £20) therefore not losing £11k income at all, so overall the club will be better off with the new prices

Up front loss of £11k guaranteed cash in hand.Just saying with the financial constraints on supporters it is the wrong time to increase prices.We should have increased income last season with the play off matches and game at Wembley.Last year there was no dual reg so we needed extra players to cover that.If we go with one less contracted player the there would be no need to put up prices.Unlike most clubs we own our own ground and do not have to pay rent or match day fees for use.The land was supposed to make us more financially viable but it has gone quiet on that front.Easy to keep putting cost on regular supporter instead of attracting more through the gates that is the easy option.I can afford to pay extra but there will be a few hundred that can't.

18 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Up front loss of £11k guaranteed cash in hand.Just saying with the financial constraints on supporters it is the wrong time to increase prices.We should have increased income last season with the play off matches and game at Wembley.Last year there was no dual reg so we needed extra players to cover that.If we go with one less contracted player the there would be no need to put up prices.Unlike most clubs we own our own ground and do not have to pay rent or match day fees for use.The land was supposed to make us more financially viable but it has gone quiet on that front.Easy to keep putting cost on regular supporter instead of attracting more through the gates that is the easy option.I can afford to pay extra but there will be a few hundred that can't.

For what it's worth  S in my opinion  if fans want to watch a successful team with the reported significant cut to central funding FEV have no option but to increase  ST prices 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, POR said:

For what it's worth  S in my opinion  if fans want to watch a successful team with the reported significant cut to central funding FEV have no option but to increase  ST prices 

All clubs have had cuts so it's a level playing field.But we are better off than most because we own the ground and surrounding land.I will stop sticking up for others and we will see how many season tickets are sold this season.That's if the club tell us.I think they may keep quiet if it's only 800 ish.I value your comment it looks like i am Johnny no mates on this one but i won't change my view.

2 hours ago, POR said:

Yup. That's the price of maintaining success. Pay our dues or watch mediocre stuff.

Edited by Robin Evans
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

The land will not be sorted for a while yet. The Local Plan was submitted by WMDC to the Government for consideration/approval in May this year but afaik there's no indication of when a decision will be made or announced*. Then there are the needs to find funding and/or a development partner plus planning plus construction, plus tenants......

Edit * sometime in 2022 is the only info available

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Buying adult tickets game by game on the early bird offer of £15 is a decent saving on season ticket prices. Not sure if this will be continued next season. 

23 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

I just wondered whether they were for one year as stated or for a longer period. £400K for one year is ridiculous

Not really colin NRL salary cap just under £10 million  and clubs get £13 millon a year TV  deal They have to pay 30 players each year the lowest they have to pay for young lads is £60K the average is £350K and the highest  get paid  over £500K

Yes Rugby League is the biggest sport in Australia. I have been to the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane to watch them play the Sydney Roosters where there upwards of 40000 speccies in the stadium. The match was superb the facilities world class and the way into and out of the ground went without a hitch. Try and get out of Headingley with a crowd of say 10000 and you could be an age, not so Brisbane.

You can see why the cap is so large, and why usually the Aussies players coming here are at the end of their careers

• Like 1