Squad 2022

On 18/10/2021 at 17:44, The Grinder said:

George,

I think York have a chance of the top 6 but not counting chickens until I have seen how the recruitment has gone for all the teams, so I will make some assessments at end of the year. With Leigh, Newcastle, Fev, Halifax, Batley and Bradford all looking strong at this point in time.

Out of interest which two teams do you think will finish higher than Fev?

fax and leigh will both finish above fev.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, georgeb1 said:

Aye George that's just what my computer said when I fed next season's predicted scores into my computer but the bad news for you was that it came back with YORK in eleventh position😉 Some brighter news though is that the league table did not include Summer bash results.So two more points for York could lift you to seventh depending on other results😄😄

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Joey Leilua confirmed.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/the-blue-wall-welcomes-joey-leilua-Of5Ej/

Could be one of our best signings, could be one of our worst, but crikey you can't argue that it's a statement of intent. Exciting times.

And Campbell, said that there was more to come.

3 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

George,

Thanks for coming back with an answer, but given the signing we have just made (Joey) I suspect that your prediction couldn't have been better timed.

Roll on to the first game I can't wait for next season to start.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

It sounds like a major problem was his attitude and motivation.  If he can't get motivated in the NRL, what chance the Championship?  Still, if he can, a twice Dally M Centre of the year and still only 29, he could be the biggest signing we've ever made.

Let's hope he does a Jackson Hastings!

7 minutes ago, Tubby said:

It sounds like a major problem was his attitude and motivation.  If he can't get motivated in the NRL, what chance the Championship? 

In fairness, we aren't going to be able to sign a player with  NRL-level ability  if there isn't something that would put off NRL teams themselves (eg Cam King and Nu Brown with injuries).

Yes you won't find many Wests fans with much positive to say about him, but he was meant to be their marquee signing on absolutely enormous money and expectations would have been through the roof.

Hopefully having his Samoan team-mates Junior Moors and Jesse Sene-Lefao alongside him at Fev might be a positive influence.

And let's be honest, this signing would have been a big news story if a St Helens or Warrington had signed him, so it's hard not to be very excited given it's us.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

In fairness, we aren't going to be able to sign a player with  NRL-level ability  if there isn't something that would put off NRL teams themselves (eg Cam King and Nu Brown with injuries).

Yes you won't find many Wests fans with much positive to say about him, but he was meant to be their marquee signing on absolutely enormous money and expectations would have been through the roof.

Hopefully having his Samoan team-mates Junior Moors and Jesse Sene-Lefao alongside him at Fev might be a positive influence.

And let's be honest, this signing would have been a big news story if a St Helens or Warrington had signed him, so it's hard not to be very excited given it's us.

Absolutely, I was probably more trying to explain (to myself) how we've managed to make such a signing, it beggars belief, but he could be something else.  Effectively a top NRL player, which in fairness to other previous signings, they weren't what you'd call top of the tree, but Leilua is.  He should blow the championship away.

56 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Joey Leilua confirmed.

https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/the-blue-wall-welcomes-joey-leilua-Of5Ej/

Could be one of our best signings, could be one of our worst, but crikey you can't argue that it's a statement of intent. Exciting times.

And i thought it was bull=sh=t to sell season tickets.Sell another 400 season tickets over 1000 and it may nearly cover his contract money.

3 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Where you putting Pickersgill?

Transfer list?

Only joking, he's obviously got to fight for his place just like everyone else, and in view of his competition that will make him an even better player.

Anyway there are two centre spots up for grabs, so Hall could play on t'other side from Big Joey (with Hardy on the bench), or outside him on the wing for maximum damage? Nice problem to have for sure.

• Like 1