Squad 2022

well apparently FEV january signings are true

Featherstone Rovers have made three blockbuster signings ahead of the new season in the shape of Adam Cuthbertson, Ryley Jacks and Ben Mathiou.

16 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

Good to see that 2 of the signings are props...

agree B add some size both 6'  2'' and 16 plus

Total rugby league says

Jacks and Mathiou are still in Australia, with the former potentially four weeks away from arriving in the UK and the latter expected to land in the next week.  Ben, is the son of former Leeds player Jamie Mathiou 1997–01 who was also a prop

2 minutes ago, bigbaldnmad said:

I know that Cuthbertson didn't seem to have a huge impact last year at York, but I think they had him down as a their main star. With less expectation on his shoulder I feel we may get more out of him.

I watched a few york highlights last year B and adam often tried to do what he did for leeds but most of his team mates weren't on the same wave length and didn't back him up making  him look ineffective looking at the way our lads play I'm sure they will get on to the offloads he is famous for

remember Leeds Rhinos star, Adam Cuthbertson has set a new record for the most offloads by a player in a Super League season.and in one game against wigan  produced ten 

One word at these signings on top of the ones already made - awesome 👏 

weve got to be favourites for promotion this time round and teams will be gunning for us- but keep everyone fit and I’m confident. Which is a strange sensation as a Fev fan cos I always feel like it might just not happen 

hats off to Mark and Brian Mac for the team that has been assembled this year - can’t wait for season kick off 

• Like 2

Take a look at what our favourite bulls fan posted this morning

Featherstone Rovers have announced that Ryley Jacks, Adam Cuthbertson, and Ben Mathiou have all signed deals with the club ahead of the new #RugbyLeague Championship season. This triumvirate of new arrivals takes Featherstone past the £1,000,000 salary cap spend for the season

3 hours ago, POR said:

I watched a few york highlights last year B and adam often tried to do what he did for leeds but most of his team mates weren't on the same wave length and didn't back him up making  him look ineffective looking at the way our lads play I'm sure they will get on to the offloads he is famous for

remember Leeds Rhinos star, Adam Cuthbertson has set a new record for the most offloads by a player in a Super League season.and in one game against wigan  produced ten 

I think the ball steal rule didn't do him any favours but he was total rubbish for us. Seen amateur trialists make more impression.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

51 minutes ago, POR said:

Featherstone Rovers have announced that Ryley Jacks, Adam Cuthbertson, and Ben Mathiou have all signed deals with the club ahead of the new #RugbyLeague Championship season. This triumvirate of new arrivals takes Featherstone past the £1,000,000 salary cap spend for the season

Is that all lol 😆 

2 hours ago, POR said:

He's a proper 🛎 🔚 

2 hours ago, Rarefrith said:

Cheers, I don’t do Facebook though. Wish we would use Rovers TV a bit better especially with a subscription charge. 

Agree R for the life of me don't know why fans forum not on rovers tv

8 hours ago, POR said:

If your guy's are on the same wavelength then you might struggle .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rarefrith said:

Cheers, I don’t do Facebook though. Wish we would use Rovers TV a bit better especially with a subscription charge. 

Agree R for the life of me don't know why fans forum not on rovers tv

I asked on the Melbourne Storm forum what they thought about Ryley Jacks, here are the replies:

"He is a good player just never gets a chance to play cause he is always behind another better player …he will do a good job"

"He's very solid defensively. Has a bit of size on him and some decent passing and kicking skills. He's never really had much of a go at the Storm as he's been stuck behind two test halves."

"Jacks and Chisholm could be a very good halves pairing at that level"

"Good player. I think he is NRL standard, or pretty close to it. Useful as a second string for us, he certainly wasn't the worst halfback in the comp - he's just not that real match winner at this level. I reckon he will go well at Fev - I actually wouldn't mind if Robins (my team) had picked him up."

• Like 6

I think Cuthbo will do a good job for you the problem at York was we were always down to the bare bones with injuries so he was maybe playing when he shouldn’t have been and not getting the chance to recuperate. 

With the squad you have got I’m sure you will get the best out of him and able to rest him when needed unlike us last season.

You have some squad there now hardest thing will be to keep them all happy but a nice problem to have and great to see players of that calibre in the championship I will be looking forward to seeing them on Monday especially leilua obviously hoping you start the season slow.

You should be favourites to win promotion now and if you do get promoted and build on the squad again you should have no problem staying in super league best of luck after Monday obviously 🖕 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, POR said:

I don't understand why. I thought he did a great job for us last year. I've read (on FB) that there is history between him and Big Mac but adults should be able to put personal differences aside for the greater good of the club. Perhaps I'm being a touch naive?

Edited by Normy_Rover
missed a the
  • Like 1