Squad 2022

There's an update on RoversTV from our strength and conditioning coach Lee Paterson. He doesn't attempt to provide any exact time frames for returns so much of what he says is just expanding on what McDermott said in his interview last week but it's still an interesting listen.

There is a bit on Jacob Doyle's hamstring injury which I don't think we've heard much about, and it's encouraging that for most of the current injured players it's viewed as weeks rather than months before they return, barring Bailey Gill whose torn hamstring sounds like it will keep him out for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, lingaro said:

Anyone due back from injury? 

kopps said in commentary 3 weeks but  I think JSL  should be ready to go

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

Rovers have had 7 debutants so far this year, and 4 returnees.

If you had to write a progress report on our newbies, what would you say?

Pickersgill - about what I expected, decent at this level.
Smith - has gone pretty well. Thought he'd be our 3rd choice half but actually his starting place might be more solid than any of the other halves at the moment which I really didn't expect.
Cuthbertson  - wasn't at all impressed by him when he played for York (from what I saw) but he's been very good the last two or three games, he's looking a good signing now.
Leilua, Jacks, JSL and Gill - jury has to be still out, none of them have had enough playing time yet. We were probably hoping for more than we've seen so far from Leilua and Jacks but it's still early days for both.

returners
Briscoe - very good as we knew he would be.
Wildie - pretty solid player at this level as he was before.
Hellewell - solid without being spectacular, not really had that much game time.
Trout - not had much game time and not really made much impact so far.

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

I personally think Helliwell and trout will be invaluable towards the back end,  both are very strong, can do long minutes and age quick on the dry surfaces. 

I hope not. I think we've established the squad is old enough without them aging quickly as we get to summer. 😉🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

On 25/03/2022 at 17:06, The Phantom Horseman said:

Pickersgill - about what I expected, decent at this level.
Smith - has gone pretty well. Thought he'd be our 3rd choice half but actually his starting place might be more solid than any of the other halves at the moment which I really didn't expect.
Cuthbertson  - wasn't at all impressed by him when he played for York (from what I saw) but he's been very good the last two or three games, he's looking a good signing now.
Leilua, Jacks, JSL and Gill - jury has to be still out, none of them have had enough playing time yet. We were probably hoping for more than we've seen so far from Leilua and Jacks but it's still early days for both.

returners
Briscoe - very good as we knew he would be.
Wildie - pretty solid player at this level as he was before.
Hellewell - solid without being spectacular, not really had that much game time.
Trout - not had much game time and not really made much impact so far.

I'd say that was spot on.

1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

.Who is in charge of recruitment?.

With his plan for SL would have thought BM would have a big say on recruitment 

1 hour ago, lingaro said:

How do you know we haven’t.  Can’t please some people.

All i am saying is we have cover in his position and he won't be on peanuts.Build a team if we get into SL until then we are a Championship club.Or does someone know the plan for 2024.Is it 2x 10 or a 14 team SL.

Strength in depth essential. Would only take 2 or 3 new injuries to make situation look a lot different. 

Last year Minns, Bussey, Harrison, Chissy and Day all had long term injuries.

Threat of Covid and picking up a ban still here too!

Welcome Mark.

• Like 3

FEV FAN  1964 - present.

15 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Do we need him the way Pickersgill has been playing?With Chizzy also able to play Full Back.Would have been better bringing in a top Forward.Who is in charge of recruitment?.

Kheirallah is a decent fullback but more importantly for you guys he reliably kicks goals , hall and chizzy are very inconsistent .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 28/03/2022 at 09:50, georgeb1 said:

Kheirallah is a decent fullback but more importantly for you guys he reliably kicks goals , hall and chizzy are very inconsistent .

Hall inconsistent? Yer having a laugh?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Hall is a great goal kicker, have a look at the charts.

Never said he wasn't a great kicker , Catalans last sun , trys pickersgill 1 , lielua 2 ,  goals hall 1 , 1 out of 3 in fev land ain't bad😀😀😀

14 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

Never said he wasn't a great kicker , Catalans last sun , trys pickersgill 1 , lielua 2 ,  goals hall 1 , 1 out of 3 in fev land ain't bad😀😀😀

I was talking overall name me a player who never misses ?